Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is that when I saw the trailer of Warcraft, it looked so unrealistic to me. Will be interesting to see how people who play the games will receive the movie. I only played Warcraft 3 once, but did not like it that much.

Let's hold off on that. It did okay in it's first weekend. This thing ain't making more than 500 mill worldwide tho
It'll still easily be the highest grossing movie based on a video game. And I certainly don't think Assassin's Creed has what it takes to take it down.

IMDb is definitely is a terrible measure early on. Fanboys are weird. I've never heard so many excuses like "but those reviewers aren't good" or "but this one reviewer on you tube liked it" or "Well reviewers in another country were more positive". Reviews from metacritc and rotten tomatoes are an average, which is usually a good measure on if something is good or not and every other movie goes through the same system. Yet in Warcraft's case this is unfair? Hollywood has done a terrible job with video game movies so far and they shouldn't be rewarded until they do a better job.

IMDb is definitely is a terrible measure early on. Fanboys are weird. I've never heard so many excuses like "but those reviewers aren't good" or "but this one reviewer on you tube liked it" or "Well reviewers in another country were more positive". Reviews from metacritc and rotten tomatoes are an average, which is usually a good measure on if something is good or not and every other movie goes through the same system. Yet in Warcraft's case this is unfair? Hollywood has done a terrible job with video game movies so far and they shouldn't be rewarded until they do a better job.

When you have an entire review comparing the film to anti immigration pro Trump propaganda and another reviewer who gave it a 10/100 who then gave Dragon Ball Z live action film a 80/100 rating, its hard to take them seriously.

That's not being a fan boy but relatively objective about what you are reading. Also...Right now the Lonely Island film is at 78% Fresh on RT....take that as you will.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instead of a location based third park...what about a time based park?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S
When you have an entire review comparing the film to anti immigration pro Trump propaganda and another reviewer who gave it a 10/100 who then gave Dragon Ball Z live action film a 80/100 rating, its hard to take them seriously.

That's not being a fan boy but relatively objective about what you are reading. Also...Right now the Lonely Island film is at 78% Fresh on RT....take that as you will.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've thought about this before. It'd be awesome if that was a way to bring back Back to the Future...

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Something big may be coming out regarding Back to the Future come 2017...it was suppose to come out last year but got pushed back. There is hope that it revamps interest.

What are you exactly talking about? Are you referring to the new Deloreans that will be coming out next year, or is it something else (maybe a new TellTale game)?

I never played Warcraft, and the trailer didn't look that great. But I went to the movie after reading some of the glowing reviews on IMDB. I was kind of surprised myself that I liked the movie so much. I wonder how it will do in the States.

Warcraft and Popstar are two COMPLETELY different kinds of movies. Pop Star is a comedy/Mockumentary, if done well, it's an easy-pleaser. Warcraft has to work harder for quality.

Also pointing out one reviewer is really cherry picking. That's why RT is a like it or not average and metacritic a score average. The AVERAGE says that Warcraft is not good while it says that the Lonely Island movie is a pretty good comedy. I don't get what is so hard to understand about this concept.

Reactions: Nick
Also pointing out one reviewer is really cherry picking. That's why RT is a like it or not average and metacritic a score average. The AVERAGE says that Warcraft is not good while it says that the Lonely Island movie is a pretty good comedy. I don't get what is so hard to understand about this concept.
Exactly.

Pop Star is being called a good comedy. Warcraft a below-average blockbuster.

These two movies are not one and the same.

Back on topic, this is something that hasn't been mentioned as a possibility I don't think: Uncharted. It would give Universal a easy response to anything Disney may do with Indy (If anything) and it could be used in some sort of Adventureland-ish area.

I also believe an Uncharted movie is in the works so they'd have that going for them as well. Naughty Dog content should easily translate to Hollywood unlike most video games. Hell, i'd love to see a The Last of Us house at HHN.

Back on topic, this is something that hasn't been mentioned as a possibility I don't think: Uncharted. It would give Universal a easy response to anything Disney may do with Indy (If anything) and it could be used in some sort of Adventureland-ish area.

I also believe an Uncharted movie is in the works so they'd have that going for them as well. Naughty Dog content should easily translate to Hollywood unlike most video games. Hell, i'd love to see a The Last of Us house at HHN.

I finished Uncharted 4 last week and was thinking the same. I think the game and story are so well polished, I don't know if I would want it in the same surroundings as other videogames.

I finished Uncharted 4 last week and was thinking the same. I think the game and story are so well polished, I don't know if I would want it in the same surroundings as other videogames.
The great thing that I love from Naughty Dog is they basically design their games in the style of a playable movie. They tend to be pretty linear, so the storyline is very clear and concise.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Status
Not open for further replies.