Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IPs owned by Legendary may be out of the picture for the Beijing and most likely third park if specifically not a coproduced (I.E Krampus, Jurassic World, etc) between Universal/Legendary thanks to Wanda. So you can cross out Pacific Rim unless Universal produces the second film and potentially Godzilla out of play (Godzilla being owned by Toho and not Legendary gives it a lot more leeway).

Just because Wanda is Legendary's parent company doesn't automatically disqualify the Legendary properties from consideration. If anything it will just change how possible negotiations for IP's occur.

Just because Wanda is Legendary's parent company doesn't automatically disqualify the Legendary properties from consideration. If anything it will just change how possible negotiations for IP's occur.

More so the fact Wanda has their own theme parks they are building makes it a lot harder for Universal. I mean the CEO of Wanda is already complaining saying Disney should never built a theme park in China when he already has theme parks in China.

More so the fact Wanda has their own theme parks they are building makes it a lot harder for Universal. I mean the CEO of Wanda is already complaining saying Disney should never built a theme park in China when he already has theme parks in China.

Yes, but as of yet their parks don't use IP's and there is zero evidence to suggest they will anytime soon.

Reactions: Mike S
WDW1974 has today mentioned an amazing Jurassic World E Ticket that's coming to Beijing that would put both Potter rides to shame as long as plans don't change. I really hope it or something of similar scale would come to the third park here in Orlando :D

WDW1974 has today mentioned an amazing Jurassic World E Ticket that's coming to Beijing that would put both Potter rides to shame as long as plans don't change. I really hope it or something of similar scale would come to the third park here in Orlando :D
That kind of jives with some of Teebin's past posts where he said UC is creating some tremendous attractions for Beijing. Which, of course, has the potential of ending up in the States, ie. Orlando Third Park.

Speaking of USB...I take it that we can assume for these IPs we can confirm in a way?

Harry Potter
Jurassic World
SpongeBob

to point, in the original concept art it showed illuistrations of Far Far Away from USS, the Transformers building from USF, and a coaster layout similar to Hulk from IOA.

In a way, would it be wise to think that Comcast would also be trying new IPs with USB? Because in a way, I think the Third Gate may be oriented as polishing IPs that aren't used in IOA and USF.

Speaking of USB...I take it that we can assume for these IPs we can confirm in a way?

Harry Potter
Jurassic World
SpongeBob

to point, in the original concept art it showed illuistrations of Far Far Away from USS, the Transformers building from USF, and a coaster layout similar to Hulk from IOA.

In a way, would it be wise to think that Comcast would also be trying new IPs with USB? Because in a way, I think the Third Gate may be oriented as polishing IPs that aren't used in IOA and USF.

Fast and Furious I thought was also confirmed. As it is the highest grossing foreign film in the middle kingdom well until June 10.

Fast and Furious I thought was also confirmed. As it is the highest grossing foreign film in the middle kingdom well until June 10.

Then this would be a good list to think about..

IPs either confirmed or by multiple good sources:

- Fast and Furious (Supercharged Media Day slip by Michelle Rodriguez {Letty from F&F})
- Jurassic World (Various Sources both from OU and WDWMagic)
- Harry Potter (Well good to assume it, due to profit reasons)
- SpongeBob (NJBrandon)
- Kung Fu Panda (I believe by a media source for when it was confirmed of DWA being acquired by Universal)

That would leave other potential IPs that we're on the concept art

- Shrek (Seen in the Concept Art)
- Transformers (Seen in the Concept Art)
- Madagascar (Seen in the Concept Art)

I am interested into the possibility of Simpsons coming into USB, considering that Simpsons are seeming to be well received in China (They launched a gift shop based on it in Shanghai recently if I believe); so that I wouldn't count impossible in a way (Unless Fox decides to go at doing a park in China too..).

Turning around for Gate 3, I think that it isn't impossible that they may make changes to these IPs to accommodate them into Gate 3 in some sort of manner:

- SpongeBob
- Kung Fu Panda
- Shrek
- Madagascar

In ways, I'd have to imagine that the amount of Animated IPs for Gate 3 may be a bit higher than the usual parks; but that depends on how they approach it; because it is interesting to see how the execution may turn out of Gate 3, especially since the possibility of SpongeBob being likely and with DWA..it gives them endless potential for the theme park..

Yes, but as of yet their parks don't use IP's and there is zero evidence to suggest they will anytime soon.

Except for the news stories going around that Disney is rather ticked off that Snow White and Captain America are doing meet and greets at the new Wanda park...but the story I read made it sound like these are stores in a shopping district that are using the characters...they look really bad/cheap from the picture I saw....I imagine it will take a long time for all this to play out, but I know nothing about China and their laws.

China is ripping off the greatest attractions of Dis/Uni like you haven't yet seen. Big companies paying big bucks for copies of their greatest attractions which are also rewritten with new character names but based on the original IPs. I don't believe China knows what a patent or copyright is. Hell, they couldn't even build their own aircraft carrier, bought it from Ukraine or Russia... Who'd want that rust-bucket?

Then this would be a good list to think about..

IPs either confirmed or by multiple good sources:

- Fast and Furious (Supercharged Media Day slip by Michelle Rodriguez {Letty from F&F})
- Jurassic World (Various Sources both from OU and WDWMagic)
- Harry Potter (Well good to assume it, due to profit reasons)
- SpongeBob (NJBrandon)
- Kung Fu Panda (I believe by a media source for when it was confirmed of DWA being acquired by Universal)

That would leave other potential IPs that we're on the concept art

- Shrek (Seen in the Concept Art)
- Transformers (Seen in the Concept Art)
- Madagascar (Seen in the Concept Art)

I am interested into the possibility of Simpsons coming into USB, considering that Simpsons are seeming to be well received in China (They launched a gift shop based on it in Shanghai recently if I believe); so that I wouldn't count impossible in a way (Unless Fox decides to go at doing a park in China too..).

Turning around for Gate 3, I think that it isn't impossible that they may make changes to these IPs to accommodate them into Gate 3 in some sort of manner:

- SpongeBob
- Kung Fu Panda
- Shrek
- Madagascar

In ways, I'd have to imagine that the amount of Animated IPs for Gate 3 may be a bit higher than the usual parks; but that depends on how they approach it; because it is interesting to see how the execution may turn out of Gate 3, especially since the possibility of SpongeBob being likely and with DWA..it gives them endless potential for the theme park..
WDW1974 also confirmed Nintendo for Beijing since day 1.

WDW1974 also confirmed Nintendo for Beijing since day 1.

Hmm...considering the country, I am surprised a bit by that..but it does bring in good amounts of revenue; so that makes sense (Considering the odds, I wouldn't be surprised that they'd try to port the Orlando version, since both projects are being developed near close to eachother in ways).

Hmm...considering the country, I am surprised a bit by that..but it does bring in good amounts of revenue; so that makes sense (Considering the odds, I wouldn't be surprised that they'd try to port the Orlando version, since both projects are being developed near close to eachother in ways).
Surprisingly Nintendo actually does sell games there. Not to mention the rampant pirating so I'm sure they're known by plenty of people there, lol.

Surprisingly Nintendo actually does sell games there. Not to mention the rampant pirating so I'm sure they're known by plenty of people there, lol.
Well then,

as is if you think about it; the IP count would be at nine so-far for USB.

Combined if Kong comes over there, Mummy too and other IPs; the park can possibly have over 11 IPs come launch, which is good.

Isn't russia kind of in the shitter right now? Or is moscow just kind of it's own thing with enough wealth and not enough parks?

So Beijing is looking like
  1. Jurassic World
  2. SpongeBob
  3. Shrek
  4. HTTYD
  5. Madagascar
  6. Kung Fu Panda
  7. Despicable Me/Illumination
  8. Simpsons
  9. Mario/DK/Yoshi
  10. King Kong
  11. The Mummy
  12. Fast and Furious
  13. Transformers
  14. Harry Potter
Wouldn't be surprised if Kong and Mummy and the other Classic Monsters are grouped into one Monster-themed area. Especially if the new monster movies are successful.

14 IPs makes sense for opening day... not too much, not too little.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
So Beijing is looking like
  1. Jurassic World
  2. SpongeBob
  3. Shrek
  4. HTTYD
  5. Madagascar
  6. Kung Fu Panda
  7. Despicable Me/Illumination
  8. Simpsons
  9. Mario/DK/Yoshi
  10. King Kong
  11. The Mummy
  12. Fast and Furious
  13. Transformers
  14. Harry Potter
Wouldn't be surprised if Kong and Mummy and the other Classic Monsters are grouped into one Monster-themed area. Especially if the new monster movies are successful.

14 IPs makes sense for opening day... not too much, not too little.

Don't count dreamworks yet. DreamWorks had plans for their own park in China and if Universal decides to do the same thing in Russia with them as separate parks then we might not see DreamWorks in Beijing.

Just saw the new Warcraft movie yesterday and I thought it was excellent. Very Lord of the Rings like. I would like to see Universal use that IP for a big land for the third gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.