Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge possibility we may get broadway level shows for the new park...(mind you this isn't coming from someone I know who works in the parks division but in the television/media realm)

That would be nice. They could use some better shows.

Are there any theaters in NYC that Comcast might purchase? They really need a musical division for Universal Pictures Animation.

They don't own any theatres but they have Universal stage productions which I was told to expect to become more utilized for syenergtic purposes. Also the two producers (Hamilton, Avenue Q, Rent, In the Heights) Greenblatt made a deal with yesterday are also not just planned to be ulitized in television but in other aspects. There is a strong speculation that with the acquisitions of IPs, Universal wants to take Disney Broadway success and replicate it and when they do so also put it into the parks as well.

Robert Greenblatt to Oversee NBCUniversal's Live Theater Efforts - Hollywood Reporter
Universal Stage Productions | IBDB: The official source for Broadway Information

Reactions: IzzyB
I wonder based on the location of the land and the area it is being held, could we see Orlando getting their own version of UNIVERSAL COOL that Japan gets to coincide with whatever is happening at the convention center? Like lets say Wondercon comes they get a three month overlay of whats being displayed at WonderCon etc. Not the entire park but just a small section. It would also pretty much hype those who are at the convention to come check out Universal as well while they are there.

They don't own any theatres but they have Universal stage productions which I was told to expect to become more utilized for syenergtic purposes. Also the two producers (Hamilton, Avenue Q, Rent, In the Heights) Greenblatt made a deal with yesterday are also not just planned to be ulitized in television but in other aspects. There is a strong speculation that with the acquisitions of IPs, Universal wants to take Disney Broadway success and replicate it and when they do so also put it into the parks as well.

Robert Greenblatt to Oversee NBCUniversal's Live Theater Efforts - Hollywood Reporter
Universal Stage Productions | IBDB: The official source for Broadway Information
lol, Hamilton, Avenue Q, Rent or In The Heights aren't what I would consider "Theme park appropriate". Wicked is more the direction i'd expect them to go. Or Shrek: The Musical now that they own that (If you haven't seen it, don't judge - it's actually really good).

If they build a second CityWalk type area though, it wouldn't surprise me if they built a Broadway caliber theater that can host sit-down or touring productions.

lol, Hamilton, Avenue Q, Rent or In The Heights aren't what I would consider "Theme park appropriate". Wicked is more the direction i'd expect them to go. Or Shrek: The Musical now that they own that (If you haven't seen it, don't judge - it's actually really good).

If they build a second CityWalk type area though, it wouldn't surprise me if they built a Broadway caliber theater that can host sit-down or touring productions.

...Shrek the Musical was not that good. Saw it on Broadway twice. Glad if I never see it again.

...Shrek the Musical was not that good. Saw it on Broadway twice. Glad if I never see it again.

If it's done right it can be really good. I've seen professional versions that stray from the Broadway version and have given me chills.

But i'm more the type of person who likes Heights, Rent, Hamilton and Avenue Q. Coincidentally, those are all among my Top 5 favorite musicals. Book of Mormon fills out the list.

Reactions: Mike S
If it's done right it can be really good. I've seen professional versions that stray from the Broadway version and have given me chills.

But i'm more the type of person who likes Heights, Rent, Hamilton and Avenue Q. Coincidentally, those are all among my Top 5 favorite musicals. Book of Mormon fills out the list.

Switch out Hamiltion with Spring Awakening. You will have my list. But anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if they make a minion musical for the new park with the music of Pharrell. All I know is big production musicals are coming in some fashion.

Don't know why everything is double posting.

Switch out Hamiltion with Spring Awakening. You will have my list. But anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if they make a minion musical for the new park with the music of Pharrell. All I know is big production musicals are coming in some fashion.
Glad to hear :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.