Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Item Shop, Potion Shop, Shooting gallery are all in Kakariko too.
Castle Town is pretty much Zelda's Hogsmeade. It's the iconic area that pretty much can't be ignored. In addition to those shops I think a Royal Banquet Hall in the castle would be cool with the Temple of Time housing the main E Ticket.
I mean, Castle Town is no better than Kakariko in the visual department. :lol:

If they ever do Zelda Kokiri Forest, Death Mountain/Goron Village, or Zora's Domain are by far more interesting than the castle.
A whole park could be made from the areas of Zelda but since this would only be one land they would have to go with the one that's easiest to showcase different aspects of the series.

Man I do not agree with this in the slightest. :lol:

I think we have highlighted the issue they will have with Nintendo in general. What is iconic and should be present will difference from person to person. I love Majora's mask but there is little to no way we will see any of that in the park. Some people like the look of wind waker, others hated it. Just wait for the discussion to be had about which town they should make if Uni gets pokemon rights.

I think we have highlighted the issue they will have with Nintendo in general. What is iconic and should be present will difference from person to person. I love Majora's mask but there is little to no way we will see any of that in the park. Some people like the look of wind waker, others hated it. Just wait for the discussion to be had about which town they should make if Uni gets pokemon rights.
Most I would put in of Majora is the Milk Bar from that game transplanted in Castle Town like Ollivanders in Hogsmeade and having all the masks for sale.

I've never played Zelda so I'm not really bothered about anything that's iconic, I just want something that's going to blow me away. I had a master system as a kid then jumped straight to Playstation so I don't really have a lot of nostalgia for Nintendo.

I've never played Zelda so I'm not really bothered about anything that's iconic, I just want something that's going to blow me away. I had a master system as a kid then jumped straight to Playstation so I don't really have a lot of nostalgia for Nintendo.
Same here. It was Spyro Crash Bandicoot and Ratchet and Clank for me. Only thing I ever liked about Nintendo Mario Kart and Donkey Kong

Disney has too many IPs yet doesn't use half of them. You can never have too many IPs.

And people complain endlessly that Disney isn't using the IP's. Not saying it's a bad spot for Uni to be in, just that there's going to end up people plenty of people who are pissy cause they don't build a ride on their favorite IP or just put in a small piece of it when they think it should get an immersive land.

There a lot of production companies under NBCUniversal that don't distribute films through Universal which makes me wonder if some of them retain the rights to what they make more so than Fox, Sony, and would explain why it was so easy getting licensing rights for certain IPs.

Zeitgeist "areas" most of the public should recognize:

Mario Kart - Rainbow Road

Super Mario Bros - basic hills with eyes, ? blocks, etc... Warp pipes

Pokemon - Pallet Town

And for things that are a bit more of a stretch looks to the themes of area for Mario Kart and Smash Bros that are based on other franchises. They are essentially redux of the designs.

Pokemon - Pallet Town

And for things that are a bit more of a stretch looks to the themes of area for Mario Kart and Smash Bros that are based on other franchises. They are essentially redux of the designs.

Pallet town would be the worst idea for Pokemon. That town doesn't even have a PokeCenter. What are we gonna go do, just go see Mom and Professor Oak?

Reactions: Mike S

Pokemon - Pallet Town

I would say Saffron City would be the better option for Pokemon..it was in the Pokemon game and was a part of the Smash Bros. games

Reactions: chewbacca1995
I would say Saffron City would be the better option for Pokemon..it was in the Pokemon game and was a part of the Smash Bros. games

I personally think the best idea for Pokemon based land would to use Fuchsia City from the original games. It has a Pokemon leader gym, a Pokemon zoo, a safari zone, a Pokemon center, all they would had to add would be a Pokemon contest hall.

Pokemon Zoo can be like Raptor Encounter, the Pokemon leader gym can be where you battle, the poke mart can be the restaurant/store, and Pokemon contest hall would be an interactive show and shopping experience while safari zone be an epic walk through and ride.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.