Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peach's Castle may not be the most exciting choice but it's the most iconic building in all of Nintendo's IPs.

I can't see them building a Mario land without the castle, honestly.

I agree. Its to me, like not having a Zelda Land without the castle aswell. It makes way too much sense, especially considering the odds.

I agree. Its to me, like not having a Zelda Land without the castle aswell. It makes way too much sense, especially considering the odds.

Eh, I think there are a LOT more choices for a Zelda land then Hyrule Castle. Great Deku Tree, Death Mountain, Outset Island, Kokiri Forest, Kakariko Village, etc.

Personally I think Hyrule Castle is a lesser locale than most of LoZ's locations

Reactions: Stitch_101
Eh, I think there are a LOT more choices for a Zelda land then Hyrule Castle. Great Deku Tree, Death Mountain, Outset Island, Kokiri Forest, Kakariko Village, etc.

Personally I think Hyrule Castle is a lesser locale than most of LoZ's locations
Yes but the only big merchandising potential lies with the castle and surrounding town ;) Milk Bar, Item Shop, Potion Shop, Happy Mask Shop, Shooting Gallery, etc.

Last edited:
DreamWorks Conference call today at 11:30pm (PT) / 4:30pm (ET)...Doubt they would have any major theme park stuff but possible things to hint.

As for Zelda, they just need the Happy Mask Salesmen roaming the streets. That would make money.

Reactions: Macfr3ak and Mike S
DreamWorks Conference call today at 11:30pm (PT) / 4:30pm (ET)...Doubt they would have any major theme park stuff but possible things to hint.

As for Zelda, they just need the Happy Mask Salesmen roaming the streets. That would make money.
YES!!!!!! I just edited my previous post to include him :)

I think a castle as a massive facade thru which you HAVE to enter into a land. has not been done before and I think it's a pretty exciting/new way to enter/immerse yourself into Nintendo land.

I agree it's boring as a focal point but as an entry way? Bravo.

Maybe not a castle but the entrance to MK is similar. As a form of immersion, it works well.

I thought the entrance to magic kingdom is like a Main Street train station....?

Forgive me. I don't go often seeing as how I eat children and destroy strollers for fun.

:lol:

It is, but passing through the tunnel under the station creates a great effect. The world you just left to enter the MK is gone in the distance and you're now in a completely different place that surrounds you.

Reactions: greendude33
I mean, Castle Town is no better than Kakariko in the visual department. :lol:

If they ever do Zelda Kokiri Forest, Death Mountain/Goron Village, or Zora's Domain are by far more interesting than the castle.

Agreed and visually make it a Skyward Sword like design with the color palette. Looking back the coloring in the game is really dark in the originals and don't fit theme parks much. Too grim and gritty.

I still think 3rd gate gets a much more video game focus not only from Nintendo but from other properties as well.

What other properties would we love to see? Something that can appease to many different crowds and has big followings. I can only think of Minecraft and World Of Warcraft.. Minecraft to me is an interesting property.. It's kind of like Lego in a sense... They'd also stick it to LegoLand :tongue:

What other properties do we think are ripe for theme park adaptions?

I still think 3rd gate gets a much more video game focus not only from Nintendo but from other properties as well.

What other properties would we love to see? Something that can appease to many different crowds and has big followings. I can only think of Minecraft and World Of Warcraft.. Minecraft to me is an interesting property.. It's kind of like Lego in a sense... They'd also stick it to LegoLand :tongue:

What other properties do we think are ripe for theme park adaptions?

Minecraft is huge, but I don't see a way to translate the game to a theme park setting.

WoW is kind of on the downswing, and I don't see the movie doing well enough to justify its inclusion.

Reactions: Mike S and Macfr3ak
It's almost starting to seem like Uni has access to "too many" IP's. There's only so much real estate available.

Status
Not open for further replies.