Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a very big castle? ;)

I assumed all along that the castle would the the focal point of the land based on everything you said in the past. I am shocked others have thought it would be other things including weird city facades. They want this land to stand out, not hide.

What about Van Helsing. I quite liked the most recent film and that was originally going to be what Forbidden Journey is before the Potter deal happened. Are they making a new Van Helsing as part of this monsters universe? Because if so, surely that wouldn't be a bad shout as it's been considered before.

True.

Hopefully we get a horror presence, also, especially with the reboot of UNI monsters. I've never understood why they didn't have a horror attraction when they're so good at it.
Halloween Horror Nights. Boom.
Eternal_Darkness_box.jpg

I think it just seems like a very vanilla choice, and we've already got a couple of castles around. I think there's a lot of other creative avenues they could pursue. If they're going with the idea of a giant facade hiding the whole land like London does for Diagon Alley, it'd be more interesting to me if they did something like a three-dimensional interpretation of the original 8-bit game. Have the floating bricks and question mark boxes, have the hills with eyes in the background, with the green pipes that act as a portal to the land. It would make for a much more fun photo op, you could have goombas to "jump" on, floating fireballs set up to look like you're throwing them, etc.

Yeah, I personally find that kind of boring.

It's not really doing much for me either tbh. I think it really depends on how big the area is going to be and what characters they want to use.

Do they go in big at at the Studios with Mario and then save the less popular characters for the 3rd hate or do they test the waters first?

The other big point we should be asking, is what kind of image are Ninetendo wanting represented in the parks? Do they want the older games shown or are they wanting this as a platform to showcase something new? Obviously it still has to be popular but do they go with the 8 bit era and GameCube generation or do they go for the shiny new Wii U or whatever console they have in development world on display?

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Well rumors are saying Mario kart and donkey kong so that should tell you a lot. I highly doubt they will use 8-bit when they are trying to sell a new system and show how good their graphics will be.

It's not really doing much for me either tbh. I think it really depends on how big the area is going to be and what characters they want to use.

Do they go in big at at the Studios with Mario and then save the less popular characters for the 3rd hate or do they test the waters first?

The other big point we should be asking, is what kind of image are Ninetendo wanting represented in the parks? Do they want the older games shown or are they wanting this as a platform to showcase something new? Obviously it still has to be popular but do they go with the 8 bit era and GameCube generation or do they go for the shiny new Wii U or whatever console they have in development world on display?

I have no doubt that the actual attractions will be all of the modern 3-D representations of the characters, but I think it'd be fun to also have some kind of representation of Nintendo's 8-bit roots. It's just such iconic imagery that so many people have affection for. I think it's still something that modern kids have familiarity with, since most of those classic games are sold through virtual console, and there's all kinds of merchandise still sold with the 8-bit designs on it, like t-shirts and 3DS cases and all kinds of stuff.

Well rumors are saying Mario kart and donkey kong so that should tell you a lot. I highly doubt they will use 8-bit when they are trying to sell a new system and show how good their graphics will be.

I think the rumours are also saying that there should be very little screens.. Of all the places you'd expect them, if they go and do something like that, I think it will be genius.

\

In a way; i'd be curious to hee how the castle alone would look like in the front of Kidzone, apposed to at that position that you have it at..

This was created months ago so I can't really change it but you're right. I think the problem with putting it at the front would be that it would be dead space in a place that is so limited. I think it could make a great background or restaurant though. It could also be a good sound buffer between the parks and Hard Rock.

I think the rumours are also saying that there should be very little screens.. Of all the places you'd expect them, if they go and do something like that, I think it will be genius.

Considering the odds; I myself am surprised..i mean; especially considering Rainbow Road if MK features that scene (WHICH YOU HAVE TO DUE TO ITS EVIL WAYS), I would've thought that MK would have some full-form of screens..

Reactions: Mike S
That's one reason I've always favored using the expansion plot between MIB & Simpsons instead of Kidzone (plus it has more acreage). Peach's Castle would really stand out as an entry into a Nintendo Land there. You would see the castle from just about everywhere in the park.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I feel as if it would be a smart move to create jurassic world at the 3rd gate. The existing jurassic park island has def seen better days. Last time I rode the jurassic park ride they were absolutely in need of a refurb. IOA could use that area for WWoHP expansion or more IPs like kong... Jurassic world can actually get the space and the rides it deserves... Not only a new version of the water ride but maybe even a coaster named after a genetic mutated Rex like dinosaur and another dark ride. The series is set for the future... It's the easiest thing to move to the new park

This was created months ago so I can't really change it but you're right. I think the problem with putting it at the front would be that it would be dead space in a place that is so limited. I think it could make a great background or restaurant though. It could also be a good sound buffer between the parks and Hard Rock.

It'll be at the front of the land. The castle is Nintendo's London-like facade

Status
Not open for further replies.