Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Switch out Hamiltion with Spring Awakening. You will have my list. But anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if they make a minion musical for the new park with the music of Pharrell. All I know is big production musicals are coming in some fashion.

That to me, is a great thing to hear; especially if they have an 1920/1930 New York, they can incorporate the Broadway aspect easier in a way.

Reactions: Mike S
Universal should open a robot controlled Hall of Founding Fathers based on Hamilton. A rap version of Glory Hallelujah can be the lead tune backed by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

If it's done right it can be really good. I've seen professional versions that stray from the Broadway version and have given me chills.

But i'm more the type of person who likes Heights, Rent, Hamilton and Avenue Q. Coincidentally, those are all among my Top 5 favorite musicals. Book of Mormon fills out the list.
Book of Mormon was absolutely fantastic :lmao: It's the only show I've seen on Broadway so far. I won a lottery in front of the theater for a front row ticket at $32. Some of the best $32 I've spent in my life.

Reactions: Nick
If we're talking about Universal toning down the Kong queue because of scare actors we can rule out Book of Mormon, Avenue Q, Hamilton, etc etc

Then yeah, Wicked makes the most sense. It was created with NBCUniversal, and its one of the most iconic Broadway productions in recent memory.

Not to mention, if Sing is rumored as said on OU to be the test for Wicked; it would make sense to have it pop up as a theatrical show, much like how Aladdin was greatly received at DCA.

Then yeah, Wicked makes the most sense. It was created with NBCUniversal, and its one of the most iconic Broadway productions in recent memory.

Not to mention, if Sing is rumored as said on OU to be the test for Wicked; it would make sense to have it pop up as a theatrical show, much like how Aladdin was greatly received at DCA.

Sing was a test to see if Illumination could essentially handle making a animated Wicked film. Nothing to do with theme parks that I know of.

Sing was a test to see if Illumination could essentially handle making a animated Wicked film. Nothing to do with theme parks that I know of.

That's what I meant, if they could handle making an adaptation of Wicked. Keeping in mind, if Sing is a success, with Wicked being released to movie theatres after that; it'd make sense to synergize not just the Broadway musical but the adapted film.

Oh goodness.

The theatre community would flip out worse than when Les Mis came out if this happened. And not for good reasons. It's almost never good when Hollywood gets their hands on an iconic Broadway show.

It seems that @quinnmac000 was right that Universal may be seeking to do theatrical productions to its theme parks..and it seems that the first one to possibly break that, is USH.

Its being rumored on both Screamscape and USHForums that we'd be seeing Pitch Perfect make the rounds possibly next year as a new "Musical" show.

Reactions: SeventyOne
It seems that @quinnmac000 was right that Universal may be seeking to do theatrical productions to its theme parks..and it seems that the first one to possibly break that, is USH.

Its being rumored on both Screamscape and USHForums that we'd be seeing Pitch Perfect make the rounds possibly next year as a new "Musical" show.
Don't care what anyone says, Pitch Perfect isn't a "musical". Sure it's a stage show, but it's not Wicked either.

Reactions: Mike S
Don't care what anyone says, Pitch Perfect isn't a "musical". Sure it's a stage show, but it's not Wicked either.

If Universal can do this and get nominated for Tony for best musical...mind you the music and lyrics were by Lin Manuel, I'm sure the Pitch Perfect show will be a musical.

If they're adding shows to CityWalk and not a show within the park, I think anything can go.

I agree with this statement. Inside the park has to be family friendly but outside anything goes as long as they aren't putting something so outrageously offensive and Broadway is really weird some shows that are family oriented are really risque and others you don't think parents should or would take kids to are full of kids.

If Universal can do this and get nominated for Tony for best musical...mind you the music and lyrics were by Lin Manuel, I'm sure the Pitch Perfect show will be a musical.

I agree with this statement. Inside the park has to be family friendly but outside anything goes as long as they aren't putting something so outrageously offensive and Broadway is really weird some shows that are family oriented are really risque and others you don't think parents should or would take kids to are full of kids.

I was reading that the Universal hotels have a kids club at night that allow the parents to go have a romantic meal and a drink. If you can add a show to that, I think it will bring in a lot of parents who maybe want to spend some alone time and do something a bit less kid friendly. Obviously there would limits with how adult you can go but I think it's a big selling point to allow parents to have some alone time on a vacation and know that their kids are in safe hands.

How popular are Universal's kid club? I ask because I go to resorts all the time that have 1 or 2 nights a week parent night out. We never do it because we get plenty of parent only time at home for free with family living so close. But we are usually around the kid club area or pass by it during these times. At full capacity resort I have seen it not happen due to no one signing up to maybe a handful of kids. Maybe I go the wrong time of the year, but I believe people sometimes are leary of leaving their kids with strangers even if it seems like a safe stranger option. I know my brother in law talked about leaving my niece to do adult things on a cruise and in the end they also decided against it and just had their daughter come with them to everything.

We've used the kids clubs at Disney before, but never at Universal. Part of the reason we were ok with taking our daughter to HHN was that we were staying on site and we knew if things were not working out that we could just go back to the hotel and then use the kids club to allow us to enjoy HHN on the other nights of our stay...it worked out that our daughter loves HHN, so that option never came (I think the clubs are only open to 11 or 12).

We really do not drink that often though we tend to more so while on a vacation like a trip to UOR but my wife does want to try out the clubs at City Walk one of these days so it is nice to know the option is there and our daughter wouldn't mind....she did enjoy the times we did this at Disney so that we could go to dinner without her.

I do not think they get that crowded at UNI, but am just basing this not noticing anyone in them when we've walked by them.

One thing I thought would have been good for City Walk would have been an American Girl store as I had heard the one in New York has sleep over events ( pretty sure the one in Miami does not do this), but that is something we would let her do for us to have a night alone and it only helps families with daughters, but it would have been a cool option and I am sure too expensive like anything American Doll...but I think I heard that American Doll ended up going to the FL Mall or some other mall in Orlando (and my wallet is grateful.

IPs owned by Legendary may be out of the picture for the Beijing and most likely third park if specifically not a coproduced (I.E Krampus, Jurassic World, etc) between Universal/Legendary thanks to Wanda. So you can cross out Pacific Rim unless Universal produces the second film and potentially Godzilla out of play (Godzilla being owned by Toho and not Legendary gives it a lot more leeway).

Status
Not open for further replies.