Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I rubbed a magic lamp while at Lost Continent and got three wishes for the next park, here is what they would be:

Lord of the Rings - just to help Universal cut through the legal logjam

NHL - to have a themed area based on hockey would be a Wonderland indeed. Probably not a smart move for Universal but would make me very happy.

Doctor Who - this area would be so much fun and bring in fans from around the globe. A land would make me happy but an attraction in a a Sci-fi land would work well

If I rubbed a magic lamp while at Lost Continent and got three wishes for the next park, here is what they would be:

NHL - to have a themed area based on hockey would be a Wonderland indeed. Probably not a smart move for Universal but would make me very happy.

Doctor Who - this area would be so much fun and bring in fans from around the globe. A land would make me happy but an attraction in a a Sci-fi land would work well
Give me Sci-Fi land so they could work in Metroid as well :)

If Site B were to get a big show in their version of CityWalk, it seems like that would be the perfect opportunity to bring over Back to the Future: The Musical over from London.

They are having some problems with the show...its was suppose to open in 2 months and they haven't even finished work shopping yet. Universal does have a new movie musical which they are also working for stage at the same time by Josh Gad and Alan Menken which most likely will be abridged for the park.
------------------------------------------
Just found out NBCUniversal co-owns Downtown Abbey.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
They are having some problems with the show...its was suppose to open in 2 months and they haven't even finished work shopping yet. Universal does have a new movie musical which they are also working for stage at the same time by Josh Gad and Alan Menken which most likely will be abridged for the park.

Personally curious, who are the other Co-Owners of Downtown Abbey? I would assume PBS, no?

"Fear Factor, The Musical";)

I'm hoping for a hub and spoke layout. How likely is that?
Me too.....

a9581f24035809.5632cfc469760.jpeg

:pray:

Trademarks still live for theme park attractions/lands/waterpark FYSA

SING (filed April 28 of this year)
VILLIAN-CON (Filed April 26 of this year)
BOURNE (Filed April 26)
DARK UNIVERSE (was dead trademark but back back in 2014)
EXOSQUAD (Not filled by Universal City Studios by Universal Animation for theme park use)
MONSTERVILLE (Trademark opposition status update on April 19)
SHERLOCK HOMEBOY (was dead trademark by Universal but brought back last year)
WONDERSEA ISLAND
SILLY SWIRLY (Theme park attracton)
FESTIVAL OF THE DEAD (was the trademark for a parade back at HHN VI but new trademark in 2010 after HHN for theme park attraction namedly Theme park area)

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I kno this would never happen but I just watched the latest purge and I would love to see that as a ride your just in a armored car and riding around the city at night and seeing all the crazyness then getting attacked

OMG, it's like they're going to build a 30 Rock/Tracy Jordan themed area!

tumblr_lxqpzsYkbJ1qey5y8.jpg

Watch for some of these trademarks next...

c5ecef770265962d4f892be05fa1befe.jpg

SING (filed April 28 of this year)
VILLIAN-CON (Filed April 26 of this year)
BOURNE (Filed April 26)
DARK UNIVERSE (was dead trademark but back back in 2014)
EXOSQUAD (Not filled by Universal City Studios by Universal Animation for theme park use)
MONSTERVILLE (Trademark opposition status update on April 19)
WONDERSEA ISLAND
SILLY SWIRLY (Theme park attracton)
FESTIVAL OF THE DEAD (was the trademark for a parade back at HHN VI but new trademark in 2010 after HHN for theme park attraction namedly Theme park area)
Nice info...:thumbsup: A couple of those trademarks have a lame sound to them though. Sherlock Homeboy, for one certainly isn't something that screams, I have to see this. They should have left that one "dead". :)

Reactions: CTank and Mike S

LOTR probably won't happen since Nintendo, Potter, the Classic Monsters, DreamWorks, JW, BTTF, Jaws and original concepts give them plenty to go off of.

Doctor Who would actually be great as part of a continuation for London. It provides a nice transition between Diagon (London setting, blends fantasy/reality) and MIB (time travel, Daleks, Cybermen). It would be very successful - maybe a ToT-esque E?

Doctor Who and Sherlock would be a much better use of the Fear Factor area IMO.

Reactions: captainmoch
LOTR probably won't happen since Nintendo, Potter, the Classic Monsters, DreamWorks, JW, BTTF, Jaws and original concepts give them plenty to go off of.

Doctor Who would actually be great as part of a continuation for London. It provides a nice transition between Diagon (London setting, blends fantasy/reality) and MIB (time travel, Daleks, Cybermen). It would be very successful - maybe a ToT-esque E?

Doctor Who and Sherlock would be a much better use of the Fear Factor area IMO.
Doctor Who in between DA and MIB makes a lot of sense.

As for LoTR, I think Universal would jump on it if they could get it. But even if a deal can be reached it might be too much money and aggravation compared to an in house IP.

Reactions: chewbacca1995
If Site B were to get a big show in their version of CityWalk, it seems like that would be the perfect opportunity to bring over Back to the Future: The Musical over from London.

I think everybody has their own wish for a show in CityWalk. The smart solution will be to have a theatre that can adapt to different shows. Having a variety of shows throughout the year or even something as drastic as having it change daily to have 3 or 4 permanent shows that will give people a reason to always come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.