Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
27751862833_94584d8e27_k.jpg

Hey everyone, I have updated one of my theme park drawings from a while back. I've included a Nintendo and a Universal Monsters area to the indoor covered entrance. I have also reworked all the other lands of the park.
So what is it all?

Reactions: Nico
I have to ask.
Seemingly everyone in this conversation mentions that Jurassic World is almost certainly going to be incorporated into this new third park.
There are vague whispers of the purportedly glorious & mysterious Jurassic World attraction being developed for Beijing being brought over as well.
However, in months of conversation I haven't seen any real indication that this is a possibility from any insiders here or elsewhere. Have I missed something? Is this indeed a possibility?
As a colossal Jurassic fan I've been consistently sooo disappointed over the years by how Jurassic at IOA has been given the shaft time and time again and now with KONG taking the last available expansion plot it's fate would seem to be sealed. Any information or glimmers of hopeful possibility for the future of the Jurassic experience at UOR would be very very much appreciated! Fully aware I could be setting myself up for disappointment - with all of the previously developed and rumored attractions and revitalization a having never come to pass. But I gotta ask.

Reactions: Mike S
I have to ask.
Seemingly everyone in this conversation mentions that Jurassic World is almost certainly going to be incorporated into this new third park.
There are vague whispers of the purportedly glorious & mysterious Jurassic World attraction being developed for Beijing being brought over as well.
However, in months of conversation I haven't seen any real indication that this is a possibility from any insiders here or elsewhere. Have I missed something? Is this indeed a possibility?
As a colossal Jurassic fan I've been consistently sooo disappointed over the years by how Jurassic at IOA has been given the shaft time and time again and now with KONG taking the last available expansion plot it's fate would seem to be sealed. Any information or glimmers of hopeful possibility for the future of the Jurassic experience at UOR would be very very much appreciated! Fully aware I could be setting myself up for disappointment - with all of the previously developed and rumored attractions and revitalization a having never come to pass. But I gotta ask.

There's still land for expansion at IOA.

I have to ask.
Here is the thread on JP expansion for anyone that is curious.

Jurassic Park Expansion? | Orlando United Forums

Personally speaking, I think it would be much more wiser if they just retheme the current JPRA to accompany the Jurassic World style. It would be much more easier to do, you wouldn't have to wait, and it would update an iconic attraction in many aspects; for both coasts.

Plus, it would also give them the opportunity to finally give both coasts love on the major aspect that got the attraction on the map, the animatronics.

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
Thanks, just to be clear tho.
My question is - is there any substantial reason for us to believe a Jurassic World presence is a (strong?) possibility for the eventual third park?
I posted the link because you mentioned no more expansion spaces in Jurassic Park. That thread covers available spaces and potential new rides. As for the third park, I'm leaning towards not likely but I have absolutely no inside knowledge on it.

I posted the link because you mentioned no more expansion spaces in Jurassic Park. That thread covers available spaces and potential new rides. As for the third park, I'm leaning towards not likely but I have absolutely no inside knowledge on it.
Oh, I hear ya! Thanks. But literally none of the whispered rumored future projects/renovations from any insiders include any mention whatsoever for JP in the foreseable future and yet there is continued discussion here of Jurassic World being featured in the 3rd park. Personally, I would LOVE to see River Adventure demo'd for a new top of the line e ticket. Those animatronics are SO SO SAD. That seems very very unlikely tho.

Oh, I hear ya! Thanks. But literally none of the whispered rumored future projects/renovations from any insiders include any mention whatsoever for JP in the foreseable future and yet there is continued discussion here of Jurassic World being featured in the 3rd park. Personally, I would LOVE to see River Adventure demo'd for a new top of the line e ticket. Those animatronics are SO SO SAD. That seems very very unlikely tho.
There's no credible info yet. So far, just hopeful speculation.

So what is it all?

Sorry, very good point. It was 4 a.m. when I posted that so that somehow didn't cross my mind haha.

Clockwise from the entry at the bottom:

•Indoor main street with Universal's Monsters on the left and Nintendo on the right

•Wonka Street from Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

•The Four Nations of the Avatar (nickelodeon's Avatar (Aang/Korra))

•Bikini Bottom (SpongeBob)

•Far Far Away (Shrek)

•Hobbiton (LOTR/The Hobbit)

•No IP, just a generic adventure land

•Hill Valley: 1885 (Back to the Future)

•Lake Town (The Hobbit)

•Futuristic City (Batman/Star Trek)

27751862833_94584d8e27_k.jpg

Just saw Star Trek Beyond last night. I know some have said its off the table but I still think it could work. Make it a a standalone attraction in a Sci-Fi City area like Singapore along with Pacific Rim Back to the Future and Metroid.

Edit: Pacific Rim would work better in a land with Godzilla come to think of it. Maybe Beijing's Jurassic World ride could be worked in there too. Hmmm...

Last edited:
Just saw Star Trek Beyond last night. I know some have said its off the table but I still think it could work. Make it a a standalone attraction in a Sci-Fi City area like Singapore along with Pacific Rim Back to the Future and Metroid.

Edit: Pacific Rim would work better in a land with Godzilla come to think of it. Maybe Beijing's Jurassic World ride could be worked in there too. Hmmm...
Star Trek could work. A Tokyo area with Godzilla and Pacific Rim would be amazing.

Beyond is the first Trek thing I've ever really enjoyed, but there's still a worrying trend. It had the lowest opening weekend of the reboot trilogy, showing little investment from the public.

I think it would work as a singular ride, though I'm not sure it'll ever happen.

Beyond is the first Trek thing I've ever really enjoyed, but there's still a worrying trend. It had the lowest opening weekend of the reboot trilogy, showing little investment from the public.

I think it would work as a singular ride, though I'm not sure it'll ever happen.
The first run of Star Trek movies had to cut their budgets to keep going. The new ones might have to do the same. A ride would do best if it could tap into the entire legacy of Trek.

After riding Superman VR coaster at Six Flags Fiesta Texas yesterday...I'm totally okay with VR coming to the parks once they figure out ways for people not to get sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.