Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
•Wonka Street from Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

•The Four Nations of the Avatar (nickelodeon's Avatar (Aang/Korra))

•Hill Valley: 1885 (Back to the Future)

•Futuristic City (Star Trek)

Not to rain on the parade i know this is bluesky.. (BTW AMAZING sketch).. but these properties (TO MY OPINION) have a lackluster following. Nevertheless the idea and concept is still great and different stronger properties can easily replace. Like more DreamWorks if the purchase clears all hurdles.

Reactions: Descendo and Joel
Just saw Star Trek Beyond last night. I know some have said its off the table but I still think it could work. Make it a a standalone attraction in a Sci-Fi City area like Singapore along with Pacific Rim Back to the Future and Metroid.

Edit: Pacific Rim would work better in a land with Godzilla come to think of it. Maybe Beijing's Jurassic World ride could be worked in there too. Hmmm...
Back to the Future would make more sense in a Hill Valley mini-land IMO (similar to Jaws in its Amity mini-land). I'd say Star Fox would make more sense than Pacific Rim, too, since it's tailor-made for a kid-friendly D-ticket/E-ticket. Star Fox could be like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride/Splash Mountain where it's an obscure IP that makes for an excellent attraction. Same goes for F-Zero.

Of course, Star Trek, Godzilla and Pacific Rim would be an all-around solid sci-fi area... just add Metroid to round it out and it could work in the 3rd gate.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I'm starting to think the third park should be made in a way to somewhat compete with Magic Kingdom but still in Universal's style. No land would be based on a single IP and instead each land is made up of several mini lands or standalone attractions that coexist. Two of the lands are based around singular ideas/universes however. The park also uses the hub and spoke layout.

Transylvania acts as the parks entrance and hub with a towering gothic castle in the center. Inside this huge castle and in parts of the town are a few attractions based on the Universal Classic Monsters.

To the north is Fantastic Adventures: home to Lord of the Rings, The Legend of Zelda, and Warcraft.

On the east side of the park is Sci-Fi City: home to Star Trek, Metroid, and Back to the Future.

Going to the west we have Monster Island: home to Godzilla, Pacific Rim, and Jurassic World.

The southwest will be home to DreamWorld: obviously home to DreamWorks animation. Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, How to Train Your Dragon, etc.

I purposely kept this vague except for a general idea of layout and IPs because I'd like to discuss it and hear what attraction ideas you guys can come up with :)

Any additional IP suggestions are welcome and of course what to name this beast of a park.

Oh, and if anyone is wondering about Pokemon, that would get its own whole land in IoA that replaces LC. Fantastic Beasts is also there represented in the Forbidden Forest that replaces Dragon Challenge.

Last edited:
If it gets us a Pacific Rim ride I can certainly live with redundant.:D

They aren't just little robots like Optimus Prime. These are monster robots fighting Kaiju!! My word, how fun would that be? They could have a Kaiju museum with Kaiju body parts. Then, they could pick up some Legendary stuff (Uh, hello? Godzilla? You available?) and make a Monster Island. From there, you delve into the old world of The Shire, Gondor, and Mordor. After that, it's whatever they want. I suppose Nintendo World and other areas. I wouldn't make it out of the first two lands, though.

I'm starting to think the third park should be made in a way to somewhat compete with Magic Kingdom but still in Universal's style. No land would be based on a single IP and instead each land is made up of several mini lands or standalone attractions that coexist. Two of the lands however are based around singular ideas/universes however. The park also uses the hub and spoke layout.

Transylvania acts as the parks entrance and hub with a towering gothic castle in the center. Inside this huge castle and in parts of the town are a few attractions based on the Universal Classic Monsters.

To the north is Fantastic Adventures: home to Lord of the Rings, The Legend of Zelda, and Warcraft.

On the east side of the park is Sci-Fi City: home to Star Trek, Metroid, and Back to the Future.

Going to the west we have Monster Island: home to Godzilla, Pacific Rim, and Jurassic World.

The southwest will be home to DreamWorld: obviously home to DreamWorks animation. Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, How to Train Your Dragon, etc.

I purposely kept this vague except for a general idea of layout and IPs because I'd like to discuss it and hear what attraction ideas you guys can come up with :)

Any additional IP suggestions are welcome and of course what to name this beast of a park.

Oh, and if anyone is wondering about Pokemon, that would get its own whole land in IoA that replaces LC. Fantastic Beasts is also there represented in the Forbidden Forest that replaces Dragon Challenge.

Darn it, I didn't read your post first (just missed it). This would be awesome. I nominate Mike S to assist in the development of the third park. I would, of course, volunteer for a fee to assist.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
I'm starting to think the third park should be made in a way to somewhat compete with Magic Kingdom but still in Universal's style. No land would be based on a single IP and instead each land is made up of several mini lands or standalone attractions that coexist. Two of the lands however are based around singular ideas/universes however. The park also uses the hub and spoke layout.

I love this on the whole, but don't see how Pokemon fits well in LC. I think it'd be better suited for the new park.

Darn it, I didn't read your post first (just missed it). This would be awesome. I nominate Mike S to assist in the development of the third park. I would, of course, volunteer for a fee to assist.
With a referral letter from Teebin to Universal Creative, you guys are IN. :) Or maybe it was the other way around. With a referral letter from Teebin to Universal Creative, you guys are OUT. :( Oh well, great ideas nonetheless. We just need to find somebody that Universal Creative actually likes.

Reactions: Mike S
They aren't just little robots like Optimus Prime. These are monster robots fighting Kaiju!! My word, how fun would that be? They could have a Kaiju museum with Kaiju body parts. Then, they could pick up some Legendary stuff (Uh, hello? Godzilla? You available?) and make a Monster Island. From there, you delve into the old world of The Shire, Gondor, and Mordor. After that, it's whatever they want. I suppose Nintendo World and other areas. I wouldn't make it out of the first two lands, though.
I like the sound of your vision of the park.:thumbsup:

Just saw Star Trek Beyond last night. I know some have said its off the table but I still think it could work. Make it a a standalone attraction in a Sci-Fi City area like Singapore along with Pacific Rim Back to the Future and Metroid.

Edit: Pacific Rim would work better in a land with Godzilla come to think of it. Maybe Beijing's Jurassic World ride could be worked in there too. Hmmm...

StarTrek at a Universal park is dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.