Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

i want a laika dark ride now

*Sips coffee, as I remember saying how many times I want to see Coraline featured at the parks as an attraction..what, you jealous?!*

Oh, sorry that alter me.. ;)

In all seriousness; I would kill to have Lakia featured at the parks. They have exceptional films, and from what it sounds; Kubo Is going to be a success. I really can't wait to see that film, as my hope grows much bigger for UC to notice the amazing visuals from Lakia to have them apart of creating an attraction with them.

I wouldn't care If it'd be IP or not, get them involved.

Reactions: awhen
*Sips coffee, as I remember saying how many times I want to see Coraline featured at the parks as an attraction..what, you jealous?!*

Oh, sorry that alter me.. ;)

In all seriousness; I would kill to have Lakia featured at the parks. They have exceptional films, and from what it sounds; Kubo Is going to be a success. I really can't wait to see that film, as my hope grows much bigger for UC to notice the amazing visuals from Lakia to have them apart of creating an attraction with them.

I wouldn't care If it'd be IP or not, get them involved.

Just need the temp attraction at Hollywood to be really popular for the next week and maybe it will happen. But I really need a Paranorman van ride where you get attacked by zombies, ghosts, and the witch!

Just need the temp attraction at Hollywood to be really popular for the next week and maybe it will happen. But I really need a Paranorman van ride where you get attacked by zombies, ghosts, and the witch!

I would love to see Coraline have something; as you could center it on events that could happen after the original film in a sense of the angle, but that is just me.

And then if there is any material with Kubo for an attraction; I would love to see that alongside an original Japanese themed land and acts like a classic Disney dark ride in a sense (maybe play it like a Japanese fable story in a sense) for the third gate.

I just happen to be in California this week. I had to drive a while out of my way, but I saw this exhibit today. I'll post some pictures later today or tomorrow. It's really good. I asked it they intend to travel with it (specifically to Orlando) but they said no plans so far.

I just happen to be in California this week. I had to drive a while out of my way, but I saw this exhibit today. I'll post some pictures later today or tomorrow. It's really good. I asked it they intend to travel with it (specifically to Orlando) but they said no plans so far.

Was it your first time to USH itself too?

That said, I'm curious about the exhibit; as I hope that it's a success.

I was here about 20 years ago. I got my picture taken with Hercules and Xena so that should give you a sense of the time! Eating in the Broomsticks at the moment.

Man out of time in a sense..What do you think of the looks of Springfield and Minion Way compared to USF's?

In any case; I am interested though about the third gate..and as it was asked previously one page ago, I would love to see an entirely original park..but; that's not what sells in all retrospective.

Reactions: Mike S
Man out of time in a sense..What do you think of the looks of Springfield and Minion Way compared to USF's?

In any case; I am interested though about the third gate..and as it was asked previously one page ago, I would love to see an entirely original park..but; that's not what sells in all retrospective.
Makes me wonder why IOA was not considered successful until Potter. It was high tech, well themed, had plenty of IPs and another theme park right next to it.

Well well well, he's finally getting a full on attraction in a Universal park? I would imagine it being..little too late for that.

New traveling stage show, super successful kid show, huge hulu deal, and now live action movie greenlit. Universal is pushing this and despite kid zone going away its been popular since 1941.

New traveling stage show, super successful kid show, huge hulu deal, and now live action movie greenlit. Universal is pushing this and despite kid zone going away its been popular since 1941.

...wait, Live Action Curious George movie?

I'll take it back, as i'm surprised to see it kicking..but that leaves me to wonder if it is going to the third park, should we expect something more than a ride or are they just going for a ride based on the Monkey and the Yellow suited man?

I just looked it up and the director of Shrek and Shrek 2 is in negotiations to direct and co-write.
Andrew Adamson To Direct Live Action Curious George Film For Universal | Deadline
This could be good.

Is this the same movie that Wikipedia says that Illumination was trying to make? I guess we can expect a new KidZone in park 3. I wouldn't expect this in Toon Lagoon considering its live action.

Reactions: Joel
I just looked it up and the director of Shrek and Shrek 2 is in negotiations. Is this the same one that Wikipedia says that Illumination was trying to make? I guess we can expect a new KidZone in park 3. I wouldn't expect this in Toon Lagoon considering its live action.

Nope, production is being conducted by Imagine Entertainment not Illumination.

Reactions: Mike S
Makes me wonder why IOA was not considered successful until Potter. It was high tech, well themed, had plenty of IPs and another theme park right next to it.
I always chalk it up to mis-marketing of Universal at the time. People just didn't get what an amazing park it was. They started (finally) coming for Potter, but they're finally realizing how great all of Universal is.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Mike S
Status
Not open for further replies.