Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 71 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Star Trek. But it would be incredibly bad timing to put a land or attraction out there. With Star Wars Land coming it would be ultimately compared to it, and Star Trek is just not in the same league. ST would be buried.

I like Star Trek. But it would be incredibly bad timing to put a land or attraction out there. With Star Wars Land coming it would be ultimately compared to it, and Star Trek is just not in the same league. ST would be buried.
Star Trek doesn't need a land (unless it was housed in the Enterprise like an Epcot pavilion), a ride would suffice.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
Star Trek doesn't need a land (unless it was housed in the Enterprise like an Epcot pavilion), a ride would suffice.
I agree. That's why I said land or attraction. But ST screams out for at least an E ticket ride, and I think it would just totally be over shadowed by what Disney is doing up the road. ...I loved the ST attraction at Vegas's Hilton, and would have loved to see something like that if such a massive Star Wars had not have been OK'd.

This would make a world of sense. I know many wont agree but the transition from Seuss land to this land would be phenomenal
The problem I see with that would be balance. Pokemon, Suess, and Toon Lagoon along with Marvel all existing in the same park might be too much animated & cartoon type characters & attractions. For me, they'd have to get rid of Toon lagoon and replace it with a more adventure oriented land, and I doubt that would happen in the near future due to all the other stuff going on.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
This would make a world of sense. I know many wont agree but the transition from Seuss land to this land would be phenomenal
Then a forested area to transition to Potter :)
The problem I see with that would be balance. Pokemon, Suess, and Toon Lagoon along with Marvel all existing in the same park might be too much animated & cartoon type characters & attractions. For me, they'd have to get rid of Toon lagoon and replace it with a more adventure oriented land, and I doubt that would happen in the near future due to all the other stuff going on.
The whole park was originally supposed to be "Cartoon World," so... ;)

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
When the concept went from Cartoon World to IOA after adding in JP the feeling was the park was too cartoony. LC was specifically added to address this. Now we are coming full circle.

Reactions: Mike S
Not to rain on the parade i know this is bluesky.. (BTW AMAZING sketch).. but these properties (TO MY OPINION) have a lackluster following. Nevertheless the idea and concept is still great and different stronger properties can easily replace. Like more DreamWorks if the purchase clears all hurdles.

I agree about those IPs having started to become dated, I chose those themes a few years ago. However, I was trying to cover different theme park land "genres", the typical Sci-Fi, Wild West, Adventure, Fantasy etc.

Some of those IPs have died/aren't current anymore, but then look at Splash Mountain/Song of the South. I know Charlie and the Chocolate Factory's most recent major appearance was over 10 years ago but I believe it's a timeless Roald Dahl classic that could hold its own today; I reckon a boat ride down the chocolate river would go down well, and the gift shop too haha. Hill Valley 1885 would be a cool nod to BttF whilst having a fun Wild West theme, but yeah Aang/Korra Avatar kind of just died.

I think the IP is only a small part of creating a good theme park, Tron at Shanghai Disneyland is amazing and I don't think Tron is super popular, so I believe Star Trek could be of some use to a Sci-Fi "genre"land.

Reactions: Macfr3ak
I agree about those IPs having started to become dated, I chose those themes a few years ago. However, I was trying to cover different theme park land "genres", the typical Sci-Fi, Wild West, Adventure, Fantasy etc.

Some of those IPs have died/aren't current anymore, but then look at Splash Mountain/Song of the South. I know Charlie and the Chocolate Factory's most recent major appearance was over 10 years ago but I believe it's a timeless Roald Dahl classic that could hold its own today; I reckon a boat ride down the chocolate river would go down well, and the gift shop too haha. Hill Valley 1885 would be a cool nod to BttF whilst having a fun Wild West theme, but yeah Aang/Korra Avatar kind of just died.

I think the IP is only a small part of creating a good theme park, Tron at Shanghai Disneyland is amazing and I don't think Tron is super popular, so I believe Star Trek could be of some use to a Sci-Fi "genre"land.

Great points! i couldnt agree more!! now i see where you were going with this! great stuff!

Reactions: Descendo

If you have wild west, fantasy and adventure lands that would seem more like a clone of Magic Kingdom.

If you have wild west, fantasy and adventure lands that would seem more like a clone of Magic Kingdom.

Yeah that's true, but it's a good recipe haha, it has been working wonders for Disney since 1955. Universal baked Universal Studios Singapore with the Disney ingredients of Far Far Away as fantasy, Ancient Egypt/The Lost World as adventure, and Sci-Fi City as "Tomorrowland".

I know Wild-West wasn't used in Singapore, but a Wild-West theme doesn't have any draw/nostalgic ties to the Eastern-Asian theme park attendees (I can't remember where I read it, but apparently it's because of the World War II post-war recession creating a strong desire to go back to the simpler times of the Old West days, or something). The lack of a Wild-West area was also a prominent change to the iconic Magic-Kingdom-styled park of Shanghai Disneyland.

And also, a lot of the other blue sky ideas on this thread are following this "cover all bases for themes" formula too haha

Status
Not open for further replies.