Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 73 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always chalk it up to mis-marketing of Universal at the time. People just didn't get what an amazing park it was. They started (finally) coming for Potter, but they're finally realizing how great all of Universal is.
Yea, the Escape marketing was pretty lame & misleading.

I always chalk it up to mis-marketing of Universal at the time. People just didn't get what an amazing park it was. They started (finally) coming for Potter, but they're finally realizing how great all of Universal is.

I don't know. I always loved Universal because I like coasters and things like that. But when people visited and we took them to Universal (even coaster lovers) I always got the same two comments.

"Well we are NOT in Disney"
"Theming is so not Disney-like"

So while it was a great park, the actual theme people did not think came close to Disney. HP changed that for that one land, but the rest was still the same. Universal realized this and started doing things like with Simpson area. Make everything mesh together better. So they are moving in the right direction now.

I don't know. I always loved Universal because I like coasters and things like that. But when people visited and we took them to Universal (even coaster lovers) I always got the same two comments.

"Well we are NOT in Disney"
"Theming is so not Disney-like"

So while it was a great park, the actual theme people did not think came close to Disney. HP changed that for that one land, but the rest was still the same. Universal realized this and started doing things like with Simpson area. Make everything mesh together better. So they are moving in the right direction now.
There's no bigger shock of transition than going from Diagon Alley back out to the rest of USF.

I hope Nintendo is just as immersive.

Not as big a shock as leaving the parks and going back into the real world.
This is a bit embarrassing but every time I'm leaving the resort, I say goodbye to Universal, IOA and CityWalk each. Such a shock going back to real life

giphy.gif

Just watched HtTYD 2 on Netflix for the first time. It was OK.

If Universal really made an attraction based on this the most obvious choice would be Dragon riding and I think we all know the route they would go with it would probably draw too many comparisons to Avatar's Flight of Passage.

Hopefully they would call in CTC again after their success with Kong.
Hiccup-tames-toothless.jpg

Reactions: Joel

If Universal really made an attraction based on this the most obvious choice would be Dragon riding and I think we all know the route they would go with it would probably draw too many comparisons to Avatar's Flight of Passage.

Personally; the dragon riding issue for me; is that there is one way we can get around that.

In the sequel, it's shown that the island of Berk has shown technological strides since Hiccup's idea was accepted to them. You could use that to the advantage of the E-Ticket; so if they use HTTYD for a proper land within the park. I agree too that they should bring back CTC for Berk in a form of show similar to what they did with DWA previously, but on a different level (one that doesn't tell the story of HTTYD).

As for HTTYD2, it's strange to me how much I love that and the original film (perhaps they do well with fantasy stories like Kung Fu Panda and How To Train Your Dragon in an fascinating way). I can't wait for the sequel that'll come out for HTTYD.

Reactions: Mike S
Personally; the dragon riding issue for me; is that there is one way we can get around that.

In the sequel, it's shown that the island of Berk has shown technological strides since Hiccup's idea was accepted to them. You could use that to the advantage of the E-Ticket; so if they use HTTYD for a proper land within the park. I agree too that they should bring back CTC for Berk in a form of show similar to what they did with DWA previously, but on a different level (one that doesn't tell the story of HTTYD).

As for HTTYD2, it's strange to me how much I love that and the original film (perhaps they do well with fantasy stories like Kung Fu Panda and How To Train Your Dragon in an fascinating way). I can't wait for the sequel that'll come out for HTTYD.
I may not be as over the moon for the movies but the theme park potential is definitely there. I still say there should only be a general area for DreamWorks like Fantasyland. Shrek would of course have the main E Ticket, KFP would have a nice dark ride along with Madagascar, and HtTYD would have the Dragon training arena show with maybe some kind of audience participation at one point.

Last edited:
I may not be as over the moon for the movies but the theme park potential is definitely there. I still say there should only be a general area for DreamWorks like Fantasyland. Shrek would of course have the main E Ticket, KFP would have a nice dark ride along with Madagascar, and HTTYD would have the Dragon training arena show with maybe some kind of audience participation at one point.

I would rather want to see The Valley of Peace; Far Far Away and Berk treated more on the scale of DA/TDS. I would say too; there is a way where you can make them Six-seven acre lands and while having it feel like a Fantasyland in sense.

Shrek would have this (7 Acre Land):
  • Shrek E-Ticket Trackless attraction
  • Puss in Boots D-Ticket family coaster

HTTYD (6 Acre Land):
  • HTTYD E-Ticket Dark Ride/Thrill Coaster
  • Berk Dragon Showcase (Stunt show with CTC)

KFP (6 1/2 Acre Land):
  • KFP Shooting Family Dark Ride (Using the Gesture technology from Ninjago)
  • Several family flat rides

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S
I would rather want to see The Valley of Peace; Far Far Away and Berk treated more on the scale of DA/TDS. I would say too; there is a way where you can make them Six-seven acre lands and while having it feel like a Fantasyland in sense.

Shrek would have this (7 Acre Land):
  • Shrek E-Ticket Trackless attraction
  • Puss in Boots D-Ticket family coaster

HTTYD (6 Acre Land):
  • HTTYD E-Ticket Dark Ride/Thrill Coaster
  • Berk Dragon Showcase (Stunt show with CTC)

KFP (6 1/2 Acre Land):
  • KFP Shooting Family Dark Ride (Using the Gesture technology from Ninjago)
  • Several family flat rides
My only concern is how big would the actual park be and how much room these would take up. Also if the HtTYD E is part dark ride I would think CTC would put some Dragons in there as well that are more stationary like Kong.

My only concern is how big would the actual park be and how much room these would take up. Also if the HtTYD E is part dark ride I would think CTC would put some Dragons in there as well that are more stationary like Kong.

I would imagine that they would have the park be over the current size of IOA; not to mention..

Disneyland Park (California) has done exceptionally well with small lands with big impacts when you think about it.

Reactions: Joel and Mike S

Does Universal really need anymore dragons? I'm kinda over dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.