Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 85 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a way, if they do Monorail's; that could be a great way to actually mask I-Drive in a sense. Have it be a way to transport guests seamlessly and without having them seeing I-Drive attractions; with making it a first of the kind for the Theme Park landscape.

Hogwarts Express already did it though...this is just a plus version of it.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
In a way, if they do Monorail's; that could be a great way to actually mask I-Drive in a sense. Have it be a way to transport guests seamlessly and without having them seeing I-Drive attractions; with making it a first of the kind for the Theme Park landscape.

The big thing with this technology is that it responds to whatever the bus does. I think this would be better suited for buses that can take a different route.

I'd be disappointed if a monorail was built and didn't feature this song at some point in it.

Reactions: SkiBum
It could always be randomized on the monorail.

The monorail would be similar to the HE which is pretty much locked into a set program. The technology shown here is a bit more special in that it reacts to the random movement of a bus.

Either way, the technology is great and can add a lot to a monorail. It makes the ride far more fun and hides the outside world.

The monorail would be similar to the HE which is pretty much locked into a set program. The technology shown here is a bit more special in that it reacts to the random movement of a bus.

Either way, the technology is great and can add a lot to a monorail. It makes the ride far more fun and hides the outside world.

That would require caring about if the guests see the outside world.. which doesnt seem to be a priority.

There's a variation of the bus video that actually plays in the Seoul subways.

It's a long series of TVs with timed videos to make it appear as if you're watching a video. I must say, after seeing it in person, it's not very smooth but it's really cool and grabs your attention.

EDIT: It's not entirely obvious, but the subway is moving the entire time the video is happening.

That would require caring about if the guests see the outside world.. which doesnt seem to be a priority.

If it's buses going around their property, I don't think they'd care as the full place is a living billboard. On a monorail or bus heading down Universal Blvd or I drive, I'd imagine they want to blank that whole place out.

Reactions: Mike S
If it's buses going around their property, I don't think they'd care as the full place is a living billboard. On a monorail or bus heading down Universal Blvd or I drive, I'd imagine they want to blank that whole place out.
Sure they do, but I imagine in order to get the city to approve a transportation system through public property, the local businesses would at least want some exposure during that commute. OR, perhaps even an extra stop or two along that route to other area attractions.

Local business can WANT a lot of things, but without the power and money of Universal they won't get it. If the city/county/local business try to hold things up with demands like that, Universal just has to say, FU, we won't spend billions building a new park and hotels which will bring more taxes and business and jobs. Real simple, they hold the cards.

Local business can WANT a lot of things, but without the power and money of Universal they won't get it. If the city/county/local business try to hold things up with demands like that, Universal just has to say, FU, we won't spend billions building a new park and hotels which will bring more taxes and business and jobs. Real simple, they hold the cards.

I don't think they can go that far by not building another park but they can abandon the monorail idea which they would probably have to pay a pretty penny to Orlando for.

Disneyland holds a lot of cards in Anaheim, too. Almost all of them. Yet they are still having to fight with local businesses tooth and nail over their new parking structure and security entrance and the City is siding with the businesses. The total guests rooms those businesses hold is less than 700.

Soooooooo, if Disney really does end up getting rid of GMR what are the chances Universal picks up the Alien license?

Pretty please? If they can make a next gen shooter ride in the new park out of it I wouldn't bat an eye if MIB eventually left USF.

Reactions: anihilnation
Soooooooo, if Disney really does end up getting rid of GMR what are the chances Universal picks up the Alien license?

Pretty please? If they can make a next gen shooter ride in the new park out of it I wouldn't bat an eye if MIB eventually left USF.

I would guess that it'd be better off to expect to see Alien more as a proper HHN IP than a UPR Attraction in a way (and I'm not refering to AvP).

Status
Not open for further replies.