Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 84 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty this is probably far fetched even for this thread. But I was pondering a cool concept for a park and thought to myself "one based around the concept of time".

Have four major sections "Gateway of Time" which would be the entrance into the park. Then make the park a ring like structure where if you go left you start in the "Past", the middle being "Present" and the right side being the "Future". At the center add an island of sorts (Fifth Section possibly, more minor likely) with a landmark being a clock tower. Each of the four side of the clock tower is theme'd to the time period which you see it from. Around the clocktower's island would be a small river of sorts, no major body of water like in the other parks though.

Plug in the past IPs like LoZ, LotR, HtTYD, Warcraft. Present put Fantastic Beasts, Pokemon, Jurassic World. Future put Star Trek, Starfox, Metroid, Halo. These are all examples for the most part.

The gateway would act as a path into the park for the most part.

Anyway, not exactly contributing a ton to the discussions going on right now so sorry to derail, just figured I'd throw that idea out though.
I had an extremely similar idea a while ago. Like, scary similar. Are you a mind-reader? :lol:

I loved The Wiz musical that was televised last year. That Emerald City show looks like it should just be a quick mini-series.

Something that I'd keep my eye on more than Oz is Peter Jackson's next big project; Mortal Engines.

From what I can gather, if it's a success; there may be enough content to justify if they want to bring it to the parks, as Mortal Engines does go in albeit a little bit of a young adult crowd.

Uni Dates Peter Jackson-Fran Walsh Production ‘Mortal Engines’ For Holiday 2018 | Deadline

I mentioned it before. That I was hoping to see it in the park. The story is very post apocalyptic Mad Max meets Ghilbi's Castle in the Sky Meets Howl Moving Castle. Cities move on tanks, boats, and planes to conquer other cities and small towns.
Seeing something like this would be awesome.

Jaekyung_Lee1.jpg

Another thing is about to become a franchise and Universal already has had the rights multiple times in Japan so it would be fun if this comes to the states especially as its big sized monsters.

The Monster Hunter cinematic universe is coming - Polygon

Reactions: anihilnation

Given the positive response to this, I would love to see Crash return to the parks and in the 3rd park. I'd imagine the Nintendo deal would probably crush any hope of this or any other game IP coming to a universal.

I honestly can't wait. Sadly Universal isn't involved with the character anymore and I doubt they would be interested when they already got gaming's holy grail of theme park potential.

Good on Activision for not leaving Crash totally in the past there. I think it's actually a bit hard for younger gamers to grasp how vast the sea of gaming mascots was in the '80s and '90s.

For Crash to breach that upper icon level where Mario and Sonic were at was a huge deal at the time. He played a major part in establishing the Playstation brand and without Crash there'd be no Naughty Dog!

Also you know, the games were pretty good too. :p

As far as non-Nintendo gaming stuff at the parks goes, I actually think it could still happen. But I wouldn't imagine it being any of the series that cover the same general territory as the Nintendo realms would.

I could definitely see attractions based around Fallout or Minecraft for instance being very distinct from the Nintendo feel and also quite popular too.

I can see this happening:

1) KidZone replaced by SLOP and Despicable. Current Shrek/DMMM can used for Walking Dead and a new theater show?
2) New park is cartoon/video games; Nintendo (Mario), DreamWorks (Kung Fu, Madagascar, HTTYD, Shrek)

However, I do think that if Nintendo were to be apart of the new park, Universal would have waited to announce it with the park itself... unless that's why they in the video just referred to Universal Orlando as a whole?

So Universal could have its own Expedition Everest ride on the way if the upcoming Everest movie is a hit...with a working Yeti.

In addition, Oriental DreamWorks’ Everest will hit theaters on Friday, Sept. 27, 2019. Pic will take moviegoers on 3K mile journey from Shanghai to the breathtaking Himalayan snowscapes. A group of misfits encounter a young Yeti named Everest, and they set off to reunite the magical creature with his family on the mountain of his namesake. Tim Johnson (Home, Over the Hedge) and Todd Wilderman (Open Season 2) are directing from a script by William Davies (How to Train Your Dragon, Puss in Boots), Suzanne Buirgy (Home, Kung Fu Panda 2) is producing.

Status
Not open for further replies.