Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 561 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Reactions: therock
I don't know that a B&M hyper would work with a domestic Universal park. The U.S is SATURATED with B&M hypers.

And they are almost always the most popular ride in the park. Theres a reason for that.

I’m starting to think there won’t be any large-scale outdoor highly visible coasters for the new park. Something like Donkey Kong (or Hagrid) where can’t see it until you’re in front of it maybe. But I think these worlds will be a little more “immersive” and self-contained. IOA is gonna be the giant coasters we can see from the road park (especially after the Jurassic Coaster). This park, probably not so much.

Just a hunch.

You may be right, but I could see a large coaster in Monsters land. A werewolf coaster or a Dracula one work. Or even "dueling" ones since those two are rivals. I'd rather see it going in and out of buildings, but a Hulk type coaster would work for those IPs. Not saying thats the route they go, but the IP works for a big coaster. Probably not a hyper though. Maybe a HTTYD dragon hyper, but that would be doubtful.

To drop an potential @Andy bomb (because he sometimes does things); seems like he might be teasing some Fantastic news for next week [Check the comments]..

I think holding it for D23 makes more sense.

I think holding it for D23 makes more sense.

Honestly speaking, part of me would think it would just get blasted out for D23, due to just how much that entire weekend is going to be dominated by Disney (and will likely carry over for the week after). It wouldn't matter from what substance, as Disney's seemingly going all-out with their D23 in offerings for this year.

If they announce anything UFW before, next week might be perfect; as they'd have the headlines for the community for a good period of time, well before Disney takes over.

Reactions: GoombaGoomba
So I remember some posters mentioning a survey going out a couple months ago and the contents of what it contained was kept relatively low key. But now I've seen more than one person mention it discussing would you prefer having lands dedicated to a single IP or multiple. With what we know based on speculation SNW is going to follow the latter and if Universal Monsters comes it will mostly likely do the same as well.

How does FB and JW possibly having their own lands fit this concept ??

Reactions: TheDr
So I remember some posters mentioning a survey going out a couple months ago and the contents of what it contained was kept relatively low key. But now I've seen more than one person mention it discussing would you prefer having lands dedicated to a single IP or multiple. With what we know based on speculation SNW is going to follow the latter and if Universal Monsters comes it will mostly likely do the same as well.

I think it’s pretty clear at this point that JW will not have a presence at the new park.

Could just be the Nintendo world portion.

My thoughts as NBCUniversal just starting their ad push for Tokyo Olympics which can easily tie into SNW opening in Japan, USH, and FW

Also sorry for the double post but I think we need to highlight that at the earning call during the Q&A, a big hint on whats to come...essentially major focus on animation

Just looping back to Parks, which was part of your question, Jessica. We continue to remain very bullish on the Parks business. And obviously, we're investing in Beijing. We're investing in our domestic parks. We think there's a lot of opportunity down in Orlando. We built a lot of hotel rooms. We'll be talking more about investment in the state of Florida. And it's now about 1/3 of NBCUniversal's total operating cash flow. And we continue to love the business and think it fits very well with our animated movie business and other things that we're doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

It would be really cool if the new park got JW and JP remained at islands (just updated).

I know it definitely won't happen, but it would be pretty cool. They could make a gyrosphere attraction and build the new glass pyramid "discovery centre".

Can't go wrong with dinosaurs

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I happened across this concept art of a Croods ride from someone who currently works at Universal Creative as an Assoc. Show Set Designer (listed as Feb 2016 to Present). Note that this person says they created this concept for "a classroom project" (presumably before they started working at Universal).

"The Croods Ride Concept
A classroom project based on the film The Croods. The ride was an overlay of a new theme onto an existin track system."

34cf2a_6eed6738d8ae4e76ac87c1367d8e22d6.webp

I apologize if this has already been posted or talked about. But, I’ve been getting a bunch of articles that Uni might announce this park in August 1st. Any truth to this?

Reactions: alias8703
A bit of of a tangent, but if Project 905 truly is Fantastic Beasts for Fantastic Worlds, that’s rekindling serious hope that Ministry of Magic (London) will eventually replace Fear Factor.

As is right and just.

Reactions: Dhdhddh and Joel
I don't see why Jurassic shouldn't be seen as a Potter level IP when the movies do well and dinosaurs are timeless. Pretty disappointed to hear they're not giving us a hogsmeade/diagon situation. I know more new IPs bring in more people, but they didn't seem to care about that with Potter.

I don't see why Jurassic shouldn't be seen as a Potter level IP when the movies do well and dinosaurs are timeless. Pretty disappointed to hear they're not giving us a hogsmeade/diagon situation. I know more new IPs bring in more people, but they didn't seem to care about that with Potter.
Potter is much larger than JP. I love JP but it’s not even close.

A bit of of a tangent, but if Project 905 truly is Fantastic Beasts for Fantastic Worlds, that’s rekindling serious hope that Ministry of Magic (London) will eventually replace Fear Factor.

As is right and just.
There are some who have said the MoM was planned for Fear Factor, but put on hold, possibly due to those plans being moved over to FW (just a different Ministry, e.g. Paris).

And then some have said there 'can't be two Ministry rides' but I think that's ridiculous. You don't have to name both rides "Ministry of Magic"... Forbidden Journey is not "Hogwarts: Forbidden Journey", it's just assumed that you enter and ride around Hogwarts, without ever mentioning it by name. Same could be done with Ministry of Magic rides.

Ok, seeing as this is the Blue Sky thread for the new park... and seeing as we are getting some form of official announcement this week, I figured now was the last chance I had of dropping my own opinions and hope's for the parks as I see it in my head. For the most part I try to keep it in the realm of possibility, so hopefully nothing too over the top. I'm also running under the assumption that the idea of the park being made up of multiple "Worlds" that contain within them several different themes lands is still the plan.

Entrance/Hub: Jules Verne meets steampunk'esc astronomy theme. As for the parks icon, a surrealistic "telescope" that not only let's you see other worlds, but transports you there as well?

Nintendo:

I think, as far as Nintendo is concerned we will get basically what we have already seen, only less compact. Mushroom Kingdom and Donkey Kong Land with both get more breathing room and extended theming, but little else. And as much as people would love to see another property in the form of Pokemon or Zelda become a third land here, I think the most budget and family friendly way for them to go is expand on the Kirby's Dream Land idea for the original Nintendo leaks years ago. It would give them room to drop a Kiddie Coaster (themed to riding Kirby's star), another flat ride or two and an expansive play area. The new parks "Kidzone" so to speak. And there you have it. One World, three lands.

Monsters:

So my initial idea for the classic monsters land took inspiration from Knockturn Alley: completely enclose it and give it an eternal night element. Themeing it to an old European village would give it plenty of options for food and shopping. The one issue this would create is, in an enclosed environment, it would lack the ability to show off something truly jaw dropping like, say, Dracula's Castle for instance. However, with the proper storytelling and forced perception, they could create the illusion of the castle looming off in the distance, with a possible attraction "entrance" actual being a cemetery tomb that leads to the catacombs and tunnels beneath the castle itself, where the attraction takes place. The enclosed aspect to the land would also allow them to utilize projection technology to an number of reasons, including hordes of bats flying above, ect.

Now with classic monsters taking up one land of this world, it left me wondering what other property/properties existed that could be used under the "monster" umbrella. The Godzilla fan in mean of course ran towards Kaiju, however the realist in me thinks Godzilla would work best as a stand alone attraction and not a full fledged land. And as we have heard that Universal wants to emphasize family friendly with this park, another property screamed at me... Scooby Doo!

Scooby Doo is for many kids their gateway to horror. I have stewed over this, and actually think themeing the land to a haunted abandoned "theme park" (not the live action movie style theme park... think more classic era amusement park) would solve many potential problems. It would allow them another area to drop kid friendly flat rides that would blend seamlessly into the story and themeing. And it would give families of more fright prone kids something to do in the "Monster World" instead of them potentially skipping it all together. As far as the main attraction here, a dark ride would seem the most obvious, but I would leave that up creative LOL.

Dreamworks: I think DreamWorks at this point is pretty well expected: lands dedicated too How To Train Your Dragon, Shrek and Trolls.i don't really have much to add here.

Fantastic Beasts: Seeing as this one is one that doesn't seem to be dying, I think its likely to appear. How they get multiple lands in the World would probably come down to the series globe trotting nature. One "Land" based on the American wizarding world and one based on the wizarding world in Paris. Perhaps even a third land based on the next film of the develop it alongside the filmmakers. As far as attractions, that's one I haven't given too much thought too.

Anyways, that my overall thoughts (and a little lowkey dreams) if what I expect to see in the new park.

Status
Not open for further replies.