Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've been burned so many times before. And still I was expecting some practical props & sets during the ride. lol
Yeah, I was hoping for more practical sets like Secret life off Pets that has great extensions with screens but this is 95% a screen ride, one of many. Unlike most screen rides it's integrative and looks fun, I'll give it that, but it's not what the park needs.

Someone has to zag

Just watched the POV and I think it looks awesome - more physical set detail than I was expecting having read some of the comments here. Might help to dial back the reticle sensitivity a bit if possible… not sure how it will look when there’s more of this on the screen though.

Absolutely. Supercharged is stupid but fun. It gets too much hate.
Like I said, someone has to zag :lmao:

Yeah, I was hoping for more practical sets like Secret life off Pets that has great extensions with screens but this is 95% a screen ride, one of many. Unlike most screen rides it's integrative and looks fun, I'll give it that, but it's not what the park needs.
It’s a ride that literally everyone can do as long as they’re old enough to stand. Everyone whines and moans that USF and UOR doesn’t have enough of those. I’d reckon that fills a need

Hearing about how long this sucker is and how small the footprint is, this could be a really great addition elsewhere. Such a small, meaty experience to stick in random spots.

Glad to hear they really tried to get this right, and it looks like they succeed

That's one of my takeaways from this. They can stick this thing just about anywhere. The ride can take any path, it doesn't have to zig zag like this. They can put it in a straight building, a square, any sort of angled space. They can remove or add rooms if the space is different. They have a lot of options with this.

I agree with this. there are clearly kinks to work out but it’s a tremendous win to add an attraction that’s broadly accessible.
It’s just so tiring that unless a ride goes along a bus bar or a flooded canal past some robots and sets, it can’t be valid as a family attraction.

They stuck this thing in a single 4D theater space, instantly turning the worst attraction in the park into something that’s seemingly high capacity, broadly accessible, and highly re-ridable (re-standable?).

Does it look absolutely mind blowing? No. Of course not. But it’s a C-ticket type of attraction, and it doesn’t need to be. But the fact that such a long experience can be put into such a small space is neat! I would love to see the concept applied to a different kind of ride where they have some more space. Maybe one that *does* go by some sets and robots.

I just see a lot of potential for micro rides using this proof of concept in spots that you’d never consider putting rides in the past

Alrighty, so my friend did some runs today with a crew on Villain con today and they loved it.

There are some very obvious gameplay errors, it is made clear that they were definitely having issues with the game part in the past few weeks. The lag on some screens and areas got really bad, horrendous even. But they said it improved to them throughout the day as they continued on the later runs (they did three total).

But the biggest point they stressed to me is how much fun they were having, they weren’t planning on attempting to do multiple runs but they did because they just deeply enjoyed the attraction that much.

It needs some time in the oven, but once it isn’t gooey in the middle anymore, the cake will be delicious.

Oh btw, apparently the last room is pretty cool!

I enjoy Supercharhed in a kind of Mystery Science Theater 3000 kind of way. It’s not good or fun by any stretch of the imagination, and I’ll be glad when it’s gone. But it’s funny how *baffling* all the choices on it are, and I derive amusement from that.
I’d generally agree with this take, EXCEPT Supercharged took out two generally well received attractions and takes up a massive amount of space (way too much for a “joke” ride) that effectively turns an entire land into a complete passthrough if you already know you don’t like it.