Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 247 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My girlfriend follows that site, and she was telling me she didn't want to go when it first opened because the virtual line thing is untested...

Frankly, I think the entire article is flawed... Of course there is room for standby lines, ya know, all the way up the several flights of stairs for each slide.

From the article:
It seems crazy, but Volcano Bay will be the first theme park in history to open without physical lines or queue structures.

If the no wait system works, we'll be climbing up stairs quickly to ride. If it doesn't, we'll be waiting on the stairs, same as Aquatica or Wet n Wild used to be. Aquatica's rides don't have extended queues that go beyond the stairs and walk up to them.

The article is complete garbage, and most of the points it makes are moot.

(Not to mention the testing that went on at Wet n Wild, going on now at Despicable Me and starting soon at Race Through New York of Virtual Line system.)

EDIT: Now I do agree on the point about annual passes. Of course I will wait to buy a ticket, until tickets besides multi-day passes are available. But that does not necessitate an entire article with a click bait title.

I feel like they have a lot left to finish in only 4 months or so...
I feel the complete opposite. Only major construction left is finishing the kiddie slides (takes no time at all), and the remaining rock work which Universal has shown they do at lightning speed. All walkways / landscaping happens very quick. A large portion of time will be needed for testing/training. It's a good sign that Universal moved up opening day.

Old term; Fear, Uncertanty, and Doubt. Used by IBM and Microsoft in the 90s against competitors like "well what if they're no longer in business" and "nobody got fired for buying IBM". Here it's "well it might not work and be terrible!"

You might want to look up the Scottish meaning on Urban Dictionary.

I agree- but only because these two expansions are apples and oranges.
Where I disagree is that Disney shouldn't worry. I would wager that once those tea attendance numbers come out for the 2018 year, that we see volcano bay holding down that 1 spot over blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon. And the only reason they wouldn't is because they chose to keep prices higher to keep attendance down and make it more profitable.

No one would have argued wet n wild as being better themed than either TL or BB. This will not only bring up the conversation, but if the technology stands out like I think it will, it will have people talking about how VB is "on another level".

Just remember that miss fortune or is it miss adventure now wouldn't be happening if Disney weren't trying to counterpunch in some manner. Neither would the scale of the DHS expansion (or Pandora for that matter). Almost all new growth st Disney can be attributed to universal. So thanks to Mr Davis and the team for improving both resorts ;)
Absolutely, they are apples and oranges. While I'm somewhat excited for Volcano Bay , maybe it's just harder for me as a local to see Disney needing to worry. That just doesnt even sound correct. I stand my ground saying Disney shouldn't worry though. Volcano Bay may make a more solid Destination for Universal as a visit for people sure, but WDW will still have double everything Universal can offer.(Theme Parks, Water Parks, Entertainment Options |Disney Springs|,and Travel Time between parks:lol:)

Absolutely, they are apples and oranges. While I'm somewhat excited for Volcano Bay , maybe it's just harder for me as a local to see Disney needing to worry. That just doesnt even sound correct. I stand my ground saying Disney shouldn't worry though. Volcano Bay may make a more solid Destination for Universal as a visit for people sure, but WDW will still have double everything Universal can offer.(Theme Parks, Water Parks, Entertainment Options |Disney Springs|,and Travel Time between parks:lol:)

Disney needs to worry about their investments not being able to recoup costs as price increases don't offset attendance lost.

honestly? I totally agree with this article, but it could apply to ALL theme parks. Going opening day just seems like a recipe for disaster to me.
I'd like them to work the "kinks" out before giving it a shot. There are a lot of "what ifs" that can only be worked out once the public are in the park. It the whole purpose of "Soft Testing".

not to mention, the park is sure to be slammed opening weekend, so you won't be given the ideal experience either way.

I'll probably wait 6 months.

Seuss Landing has one less ride than DHS and 2 less than DAK. So yeah, Disney has more "gates".

Status
Not open for further replies.