Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't get clarification from ANYONE in the UK about Volcano bay, emailed Universal and they were equally as useless.

Basically there's 2 ticket options, for the same price. A 2 day park explorer. And a 3day park explorer. Yet the 3 day explorer is only valid from June 1st (on some sites this now says may 25th). All I need to know is if I got the 3 park option, could I use the ticket before the 25th in the other 2 parks, or is it strictly no use at all with that ticket until the 25th.

What a nightmare. I could be paying $100+ for a day ticket when I can get a 3 park pass same price as a 2 park one.

Can't get clarification from ANYONE in the UK about Volcano bay, emailed Universal and they were equally as useless.

Basically there's 2 ticket options, for the same price. A 2 day park explorer. And a 3day park explorer. Yet the 3 day explorer is only valid from June 1st (on some sites this now says may 25th). All I need to know is if I got the 3 park option, could I use the ticket before the 25th in the other 2 parks, or is it strictly no use at all with that ticket until the 25th.

What a nightmare. I could be paying $100+ for a day ticket when I can get a 3 park pass same price as a 2 park one.

Personally, I'd wait and see how it goes. With all the crazyness going on with Trump, you might see a change in the exchange rate and you might get a cheaper deal.

Universal Orlando™ 3 Park Explorer Ticket

Ticket valid for arrivals from 25th May 2017.

There is something about the look of these slides that makes them look severely dated. It's still relatively early days and we're looking at just the bare bones here so hopefully that will change over the next few weeks.

It's the colors. Brown and orange give that 70's living room vibe.

Personally, I'd wait and see how it goes. With all the crazyness going on with Trump, you might see a change in the exchange rate and you might get a cheaper deal.

It's hovered around $1.25 for a while now. Luckily I've bought several hundred dollars off a relative that deals in dollars regularly for a very favourable 'mate rate' but there's no question it's a massive price increase on the $1.50 I got 2 years back.

Doesn't help we're going over just over 3 weeks either :)

lol, I was thinking the black was dark brown.

You're absolutely right.

vb brown.jpg

It's hovered around $1.25 for a while now. Luckily I've bought several hundred dollars off a relative that deals in dollars regularly for a very favourable 'mate rate' but there's no question it's a massive price increase on the $1.50 I got 2 years back.

Doesn't help we're going over just over 3 weeks either :)

Yeah, that's cutting it way too short. You'll have a great time regardless of the exchange rate.

There is something about the look of these slides that makes them look severely dated. It's still relatively early days and we're looking at just the bare bones here so hopefully that will change over the next few weeks.

Looks like they hired the same brilliant guy that came up with these colors for the "new" paint at Epcot's Future World.

P1080348.jpg

Will it be possible to walk from Royal Pacific to Volcano Bay? I suspect the answer is 'no' but the Loews website says the walking paths will take you to each of the Universal properties. I'm thinking they haven't updated the website.

The Garden Walk was designed to connect everything including VB eventually. It's kind of the backup for when buses go down.

I would like to point out that I did tell you the price of a ticket would be comparable to the other parks. They don't want the locals to come unless they pay for it. It's not a babysitter or a hangout like Wet N Wild. This is a boutique park designed to keep guests on property longer.

As long as the gate to get to the Cabana Bay has a key card lock then you'll never be able to walk over to VB. The bus is probably just as quick if not quicker from every resort anyway.

As long as the gate to get to the Cabana Bay has a key card lock then you'll never be able to walk over to VB. The bus is probably just as quick if not quicker from every resort anyway.
It's usually open. At least the one for the garden walk. When I stayed at Sapphire Falls we were told not to cross the road but to use the garden walk to get to Cabana Bay to bowl. It was a much further walk and our key cards didn't access the gate to the pool area, but we were able to walk to the front of the resort. Bus would definitely be quicker though.

Status
Not open for further replies.