Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 278 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

There is something about the look of these slides that makes them look severely dated. It's still relatively early days and we're looking at just the bare bones here so hopefully that will change over the next few weeks.

I'm quite certain this cluster of slides represent lava flow, these colors are supportive of that.

Nothing like waking up at cabana bay getting a cup of coffee and walking over to the second floor at the edge of the pool deck watching 100's of workers building what will most likely the greatest water park ever! Can't wait til June when I come back!!!IMG_20170217_083814829_HDR.jpg IMG_20170217_083756696_HDR.jpg

As long as the gate to get to the Cabana Bay has a key card lock then you'll never be able to walk over to VB. The bus is probably just as quick if not quicker from every resort anyway.

Im not telling anyone to break the rules buttttt . . . . you could always walk across Adventure Way from Sapphire to Cabana from the front entrances and its a 2 min walk from RP to SF. Or if staying at at one of the other resorts they do offer resort to resort car services which I believe is free (might want to tip the driver with this option though)

Reactions: Joel and Scott W.
Im not telling anyone to break the rules buttttt . . . . you could always walk across Adventure Way from Sapphire to Cabana from the front entrances and its a 2 min walk from RP to SF. Or if staying at at one of the other resorts they do offer resort to resort car services which I believe is free (might want to tip the driver with this option though)

That's what I would do too.

The 2 weeks I was at CBBR, I never once seen that gate locked, I don't even think it can lock if I recall correctly. I think it has a card slot in the handle but no latch bolt.

As a 3rd option but I don't know if this is possible. You might be able to walk behind SF and onto the tram road (via the proposed bus entrance and exit) and then walk to the tram entrance.

vb-map-jpg.3415

Reactions: Joel
The best thing about Discovery Cove is that they actually limit the number of guests each day. When I go there I never pay extra for the dolphin swim, I'm just there for the relaxing and more quiet water park experience. (Free beer is nice too.)

Sometimes you gotta pay more to get less (people).

DC has a 1,000 guest guest capacity. Let's call that 250 rooms.

For a resort looking to build out to 10k rooms, 250 rooms being inspired to extend their stay one night 7 months out of the year is nothing. Would defeat the initial purpose of VB. A 6k capacity water park would start to make more of a splash, pun intended.

BTW, later tweets contradicted my friend Michael, suggested single day just a couple bucks more than WDW water parks. We're really still in wait-and-see mode.

The 2 weeks I was at CBBR, I never once seen that gate locked, I don't even think it can lock if I recall correctly. I think it has a card slot in the handle but no latch bolt.

As a 3rd option but I don't know if this is possible. You might be able to walk behind SF and onto the tram road (via the proposed bus entrance and exit) and then walk to the tram entrance.

vb-map-jpg.3415
Appreciate the feedback on the walk path. We love Universal because of the convenience. Its great that we can leave the theme park and take the walkway back to our resort in under 10 minutes. Plus its a nice way to burn some calories after multiple butter beers.

Its a pretty big investment for my family to fly to Orlando and stay on site. Without mentioning names, we've been to other resorts where we felt like we were waiting for a bus or water taxi the majority of our vacation. We don't like waiting :)

vb-map-jpg.3415

I think it would be wise on their part to have a walking path that runs behind Sapphire so those who want to walk can do so and end up at the tunnel and safely travel under Adventure Way. The few times we have stayed at Cabana and walked that gate that allows you access at the garden walkway bridge was always lock.

Appreciate the feedback on the walk path. We love Universal because of the convenience. Its great that we can leave the theme park and take the walkway back to our resort in under 10 minutes. Plus its a nice way to burn some calories after multiple butter beers.

Its a pretty big investment for my family to fly to Orlando and stay on site. Without mentioning names, we've been to other resorts where we felt like we were waiting for a bus or water taxi the majority of our vacation. We don't like waiting :)

If you're staying at RP, you're probably going to be faster walking to and from the parks than getting the bus. The bus drops you off at the other end of CityWalk and then you have to deal with all the security (the walking entrance has a smaller security but way more efficient)

The boat might be faster if you catch it at just the right moment.

But then what does this mean I wonder?

Is the 130 price for early presale first months only or something, and when regular pricing kicks in it won't be so ridiculous?

Reactions: Mike S
It often irks me how people are so unwilling to just admit to greed, and instead say stuff like smart economics.
Universal is as greedy if not more greedy than Disney.

Unless Volcano Bay is going to be decently priced added to the Pass opinions, looks like I may only go once.

My girlfriend and I were debating on where to get waterpark passes to...and price plays a big role. Disney might just win our money this year.

I'm probably going to get a new ANnual pass without water park option

I wouldn't say the confusion is intentional. I think they're making it more difficult for people to book their trips.

Agreed.

But then what does this mean I wonder?

Is the 130 price for early presale first months only or something, and when regular pricing kicks in it won't be so ridiculous?

$130 wouldnt make sense. Travel Agents have to upsell so trying to convince people to fork over $134 for a water park ticket isnt really feasible unless it's a new Multi-Day ticket option we dont know about that includes Volcano bay. Plus that would cost more than a single day admission at one of the current URO parks.

Universal is as greedy if not more greedy than Disney.

I'm probably going to get a new ANnual pass without water park option

Agreed.

$130 wouldnt make sense. Travel Agents have to upsell so trying to convince people to fork over $134 for a water park ticket isnt really feasible unless it's a new Multi-Day ticket option we dont know about that includes Volcano bay. Plus that would cost more than a single day admission at one of the current URO parks.

Maybe the more expensive one includes the express pass that we know VB will have but we just aren't privy to those details yet.

I'm having my buddy check on ticket costs to travel agents and will let you guys know.

Reactions: JoeCamel and Mike S
Status
Not open for further replies.