Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 350 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Note for those who worry about the mountain hole...

04122017UORVB9.jpg

Find the pink umbrella. Note the workers diligently assembling large mostly-flat panels of unfinished stone (aka: not the sort of rocks thats stick out of the ground nearby and in other area.)

A few things sticking out to me:

04122017UORVB22.jpg

Are they building a berm (So hot right now) to hide the expansion pad?

I love the mural getting painted in the kids area. I think the kid's area with all the slides looks fantastic. I think this is going to be a huge sleeper hit for the park. If families are going and that's where kids are having the most fun, you better believe that's where the families are heading.

04122017UORVB5.jpg

Well, yesterday was the first full Volcano Bay commercial I''ve seen on TV here as a local.
Even though I know well enough about the park, the commercial really made me want to book a vacation to Volcano Bay haha.

Also, on top of the South Garage, Volcano Bay looks far away from the other parks than it actually is. I thought the perspective up there was pretty neat.
Got a photo yesterday.Volcano Bay.JPG

Note for those who worry about the mountain hole...

Find the pink umbrella. Note the workers diligently assembling large mostly-flat panels of unfinished stone (aka: not the sort of rocks thats stick out of the ground nearby and in other area.)

Mountain hole issue is on the other side, this is the problem.

04122017UORVB23.jpg

The new aerials show so much wonderful progress. What do we think the odds are that they cover up the volcano with more rock work like shown in the concept art? It's starting to get really close to the opening:look:

Maku and Puihi translate as "Wet" and "Wild" in Maori, so there actually is a slide complex named "Wet 'n Wild", just not in English.

I'd be curious to see if Universal recycles anything for Volcano Bay's expansion pad, but it would be rather curious for those slides not to have come down in January if that had been the plan all along.

I'd be curious to see if Universal recycles anything for Volcano Bay's expansion pad, but it would be rather curious for those slides not to have come down in January if that had been the plan all along.

From Wet N Wild? Doubtful since the pics seems to show they are just ripping the slides out.

A few things sticking out to me:

04122017UORVB22.jpg

Are they building a berm (So hot right now) to hide the expansion pad?

I love the mural getting painted in the kids area. I think the kid's area with all the slides looks fantastic. I think this is going to be a huge sleeper hit for the park. If families are going and that's where kids are having the most fun, you better believe that's where the families are heading.

04122017UORVB5.jpg

Someone please explain the yellow slide to me. I remember the slide having a geyser feature to it, but without it, what's the point?

Someone please explain the yellow slide to me. I remember the slide having a geyser feature to it, but without it, what's the point?
Yeah, we don't understand it either! When the slide first got installed, it actually had the holes in it for the geysers, but that's no longer there. So I don't know what to say... lol:shrug:

Photo from Bioconstruct WITH the holes for the geysers, taken on December 11, 2016.
33985440056_723e4ad8fd_k.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.