Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 349 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the AP section on the Universal Orlando website.."Keep watching your email and the UOAP Facebook page for details about a Passholder experience at Universal's Volcano Bay."
I really hope (selfishly) that this is in the few days before grand opening......as I'm apprehensive of the crowds on opening day...but we fly home the following day...so I might not have much choice if I want to experience it on this trip.

C9K68gjXYAIAgO9.jpg

From Bioreconstruct.

There's a new article about the park out from the L.A. Times:

Universal Orlando’s new Volcano Bay water park does away with long lines and lugging rafts - LA Times

Nothing we don't really already know, but this caught my eye regarding TapuTapu:
Beijing could be built both queue-less and using TapuTapu from the start.

As for stateside parks, i'm really not surprised when you consider Jason Surrell just talked about how they feel they "can't go back" from Virtual Lines now that they've opened the box with Fallon.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
And the bedding plants are going in, some already mulched. Purdy!

04122017UORVB1.jpg

I am curious about the new building going up right at the entrance of VB, and wondering if that may be a security entrance for those coming from Cabana/Adventura/Sapphire (as I somewhat guessed in the past). I am interested to see what that entails, if it even means anything. Either way, we should probably know more sooner than later.

There's a new article about the park out from the L.A. Times:

Universal Orlando’s new Volcano Bay water park does away with long lines and lugging rafts - LA Times

Nothing we don't really already know, but this caught my eye regarding TapuTapu:

Beijing could be built both queue-less and using TapuTapu from the start.

As for stateside parks, i'm really not surprised when you consider Jason Surrell just talked about how they feel they "can't go back" from Virtual Lines now that they've opened the box with Fallon.

1.) That...would actually make sense on the terms of Beijing. With Fallon and Volcano Bay being true tests of what queueless and Tapu Tapu could do, I could damn well see them investing it fully as a major factor to the experience that guests have at Universal Beijing. It would allow guests to allow unique, interactive effects to occur; give way's for them to have the Virtual Queue technology go at maximum power, and to even regulate and plan what Universal will need to do for a particular day.

2.) I agree. When Fallon opened, I think that while we have the issues going on for now, it will improve on that attraction when it comes to queueless technology and that TapuTapu expanding, but in a way that would make the day more efficient would be ideal in this situation.

Reactions: Nick
Status
Not open for further replies.