Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 348 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hah- In their defense it's a "water theme park".

I know this has been beaten to death- but I see no problem with distinguishing this water park from a Hurricane harbor, adventure island, or local water park.

It's no different than distinguishing theme parks from amusement parks in my eyes.
Disneys are water theme parks just like VB is- Universal just has he wherewithal to actually claim it as such.

FINALLY ANOTHER PERSON ACKNOWLEDGING THE TERM THEME PARK CORRECTLY!!!!!!!!!!! I also said something similar months ago when they first announced this place as a water theme park. Anyone that has a problem with it look up the definition of theme park. Simply its a place with attractions with a theme! This place has attractions that are all themed to a specific theme so it is a theme park, end of. Disney could have done the same thing with their own water parks as they too both have a running theme and attractions. Also for all the people that say 'yeah but people will get confused because it says theme park'...... If anyone gets confused with the two and turns up at volcano bay ready for some roller coasters etc then they are a few bricks short of a load, especially when you make the effort to travel to Florida for such activities :lol:. Agree or disagree but if we are basing it off a definition of theme park then Universal have got it spot on and Disney and any other water park with a theme have missed the boat, in reality they didn't even need to use the word water but I guess that's a sensible option for those that will somehow actually overlook the place they are visiting.

Not to be forgotten, all our overseas friends mention that the Disney adverts over there claim 6 parks for Disney. So it appears only in the US is where Disney doesn't count the water parks.

I wouldn't blame Comcast for having the same message in the US as overseas as opposed to treating potential customers differently with the different campaign messages.

I know they'll do it, but I'm quite interested in seeing how they'll soft open an entire park...will they announce it? It's not a like a ride in the parks where you can be at the right place at the right time.

I don't know anything for sure so take this for what it is (my educated guess), but i'm willing to bet softs will not be open to the public. It's much easier for Universal to control and less of a hassle for them to just keep this at TM only and invite them to come for free. It will help ops get their bearings, it makes TMs feel special, etc, etc.

I don't know anything for sure so take this for what it is (my educated guess), but i'm willing to bet softs will not be open to the public. It's much easier for Universal to control and less of a hassle for them to just keep this at TM only and invite them to come for free. It will help ops get their bearings, it makes TMs feel special, etc, etc.

A lot of the things that need to be tested have been tested separate of the park. Willing to bet there are TM previews and construction crew family previews and that's it.

A lot of the things that need to be tested have been tested separate of the park. Willing to bet there are TM previews and construction crew family previews and that's it.

I agree. At BEST they might offer on-site guests a day (maybe even just the top 2-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.