Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 346 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest problem with Scotland is that it's never really warm enough to justify AC so for the few days when it's crazy warm, it's unbearable and it's never really all that cold so when there's heavy snow, everybody panics.
We're used to it being astonishingly average all year round down here too. You get more rain though.

Re: keyless entry in the cars. If you left it in the glovebox anybody could nick it? That's very trusting!

Reactions: Scott W.
While it is technically capable of it, no announcement yet on whether they will or not.

I wrote at length about the capabilities of the Tapu tech here: Technical Details for Volcano Bay’s TapuTapu Wearable Revealed – Orlando ParkStop

Aquatica has a cheap plastic band that you can put money on when you enter the park to use to pay for things all day. I would love for that on my Tapu, so hoping they do do that.

Steps from Aquatica's site: Cashless Wristband | Aquatica Orlando

Step 1: Visit a ticket window or the Information & Reservations Counter to activate a wristband account by linking to a credit card or providing cash.

Step 2: Set Up separate spending limits for each person in your family.

Step 3: Scan at any shop or restaurant to make a purchase.

Step 4: Your account automatically settles at the end of the day.

Quick. Easy. No Fees.​

Funny enough, I was curious to ask about Tapu Tapu in particular; if they would have that ability, and Universal replied back; and that as of right now, Tapu Tapu will not allow you to put your credit information to the program to purchase food, drinks, or shopping items.

And finally....

So many pics, it had to fit into 3 separate posts! :lol:

And I gotta say, really starting to shape up! One thing I'm fascinated about is the multiple changes in elevation throughout the park! Just found that neat.
(3/3)

The biggest problem with Scotland is that it's never really warm enough to justify AC so for the few days when it's crazy warm, it's unbearable and it's never really all that cold so when there's heavy snow, everybody panics.
Many people from places other than Florida ususally say they dont use the AC much at all. I can not fathom that as I use the AC year round haha.

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
Many people from places other than Florida ususally say they dont use the AC much at all. I can not fathom that as I use the AC year round haha.

There's some days it would be very much appreciated. I can't stand summer at work. The worst day I can remember was with 3 heat presses at 180C and the temperature was 33C at 9am.

Reactions: Joel
There's some days it would be very much appreciated. I can't stand summer at work. The worst day I can remember was with 3 heat presses at 180C and the temperature was 33C at 9am.
Question. For those of you who come from other countries, how do you all bare with the heat here in Orlando during summer? Do you all actually like water parks as an option?

(Anyone not from FLORIDA can answer this. I'm just curious what and how a water park fits into peoples vacations)

Question. For those of you who come from other countries, how do you all bare with the heat here in Orlando during summer? Do you all actually like water parks as an option?

(Anyone not from FLORIDA can answer this. I'm just curious what and how a water park fits into peoples vacations)
How do I bare with Florida's summer heat? I don't ever go there in the summer.:lol:...I have cousins that live in the Sarasota area. They come up here in the summer & stay for weeks at a time. They can't stand the summer humid heat in Florida. :)

I have done both... AC is rare except for the elderly in some locations up north (Maine). Just as rare was for me to have the heat on in Florida... and I did turn it on for a week or so in February or March depending. All other times the AC was on and set to 77 degrees Fahrenheit.

Last edited:
I have done both... AC is rare except for the elderly in some locations up north (Maine). Just as rare was for me to have the heat on in Florida... and I did turn it on for a week or so in February or March depending. All other times the AC was on and set to 77 degrees Celsius.
Maine, as in Arctic Circle Maine (except for July) ? :):lol:

From Teebin's Plant Watch Digest:

Note all the exposed sand at the base of all the planted trees. The bedding plants have yet to be planted. There will be tens of thousands of those to install, everywhere from 1' to 6'. I would love to see the planting diagrams for this park. Yet for all the info I can get my hands on, I have never seen one of them for any park. Poor Teebin. :(

I find the heat in Florida quite barebale but the mumiditiy makes it a lot worse than it actually is. Hawaii is a lot more humid and felt a lot worse. Egypt was a lot worse in terms in temperature but you still had a sea breeze. Vegas is on another level. Vegas is the only place I've ever been where I found it too much.

Los angles is almost the perfect temperature. I found Disney to be better there for that reason alone.

And it just did a few hours ago. Two Christian (oops, Coptic) churches bombed. I just want to see their artifacts and tombs, but that ain't gonna happen anytime soon!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.