Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 345 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How will aquatica compete would not be surprised if aquatica adds a water coaster in 2018
I feel like a lot, (if not most,) of Aquatica's business comes from upsells on their SeaWorld tickets. I practically get Aquatica free with my annual pass. Not sure it needs to really compete, so much as offer a reasonably fun day's water park... for a ticket add-on. I think the last thing they added was Ihu's Breakaway Falls, a trap-door drop slide just a couple years ago, and it's a pretty big hit in the park.

aquatica.png

Personally I would like it if less people went to Aquatica, more space for me to lounge around and enjoy the place to myself.

I don't go to waterparks often at all, but I was under the impression the stuff you don't care about people stealing - towels, floppy hats, sun screen, bottle water, maybe a snack - go in a beach bag that ends up on a lounge chair somewhere.

I don't go to waterparks often at all, but I was under the impression the stuff you don't care about people stealing - towels, floppy hats, sun screen, bottle water, maybe a snack - go in a beach bag that ends up on a lounge chair somewhere.
Totally. Or left with grandma.

Wait do people not use lockers at waterparks? I have never been to a waterpark where using a locker wasn't a must... Where do you store your clothes... belongings? Haha. I've never not used a locker at a waterpark. Is that even an option? How do people live!!

Usually when I go to a water park, I leave my clothes in the car and only take the essentials with me although it's a bold move to leave my phone, wallet, car keys and wedding ring in a bag under a towel on a sunbed.

Reactions: Andysol
Are there examples of 8-person rafts on the market? 6-person is the largest I can see from ProSlide in either traditional family tub, or "Cloverwheel"
None yet.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Universal worked something out with Proslide to build a real monster of an attraction with amazing capacity.

The Mammoth watercoaster at Splashin Safari in Indiana has an hourly capacity of 1080 people. That's HUGE for a waterpark...most slides get roughly half that.

Usually when I go to a water park, I leave my clothes in the car and only take the essentials with me although it's a bold move to leave my phone, wallet, car keys and wedding ring in a bag under a towel on a sunbed.

My usual Water Park situation at parks like Blizzard Beach or Typhoon has been put my stuff in a locker, and go back to it if I need my wallet for buying things... I don't use my towel until I am getting changed and leaving... as I just air dry haha. I also never grab one of the sunbeds or lounge chairs, I just roam and ride as many slides as I can.

Reactions: Alicia and Scott W.
Yeah...a hydromagnetic Mammoth correct?

This park is going to NEED that with the popularity of the first water coaster...guaranteed.

Honestly I was a bit surprised this wasn't the water coaster they debuted with (tho considering everything that's probably practical), but one of those Holiday World coasters is a definite expansion pick.

Reactions: Cheezbat
My usual Water Park situation at parks like Blizzard Beach or Typhoon has been put my stuff in a locker, and go back to it if I need my wallet for buying things... I don't use my towel until I am getting changed and leaving... as I just air dry haha. I also never grab one of the sunbeds or lounge chairs, I just roam and ride as many slides as I can.

I think this is why it's vital that Tapu Tapu allows you to have a credit card on your wrist as it will streamline your day as you're not going back and forth to your locker any time you want to buy something and from Universal's point of view, without the hassle of going back and forth to your locker, you'll probably be inclined to buy more.

You better believe, I'm grabbing a sunbed or chair. If I'm only going to experience the sun for 2 weeks that year, I'm going to enjoy every second of it. :lol:

A few suggestions:
-If your car has keyless entry- leave the keys in your glove box or under a seat.
-If your car doesn't have keyless entry- you can always get one of those magnet key boxes and put it under an obscure wheel well. You can get a key cut at Home Depot that will open the door- but won't start the car for just a couple bucks (this would also work in case you accidentally left keys in car). Then you can again just put your keys somewhere in your car. Heck- you could even put your actual key in some obscure area of your trunk.
-Just take your id and a credit card and leave the wallet. They're both waterproof and you can throw in a swim suit pocket. Or if you don't have pockets with covers- grab one of those tacky card carriers to go around your neck.

Outside of your phone- you never need to bring a single thing of value inside a water park.

With or without Tapu- that'll save you some aggravation if some douchesicle decided to ruin your day.

I think this is why it's vital that Tapu Tapu allows you to have a credit card on your wrist as it will streamline your day as you're not going back and forth to your locker any time you want to buy something and from Universal's point of view, without the hassle of going back and forth to your locker, you'll probably be inclined to buy more.

You better believe, I'm grabbing a sunbed or chair. If I'm only going to experience the sun for 2 weeks that year, I'm going to enjoy every second of it. :lol:
What, no sun in sunny southern Scotland ? ;):lol:

Reactions: Joel
A few suggestions:
-If your car has keyless entry- leave the keys in your glove box or under a seat.
-If your car doesn't have keyless entry- you can always get one of those magnet key boxes and put it under an obscure wheel well. You can get a key cut at Home Depot that will open the door- but won't start the car for just a couple bucks (this would also work in case you accidentally left keys in car). Then you can again just put your keys somewhere in your car. Heck- you could even put your actual key in some obscure area of your trunk.
-Just take your id and a credit card and leave the wallet. They're both waterproof and you can throw in a swim suit pocket. Or if you don't have pockets with covers- grab one of those tacky card carriers to go around your neck.

Outside of your phone- you never need to bring a single thing of value inside a water park.

With or without Tapu- that'll save you some aggravation if some douchesicle decided to ruin your day.

It's almost always a rental car so I don't think that's going to be an option but I really need to get in the habit of getting a locker as I'm probably too trusting.

What, no sun in sunny southern Scotland ? ;):lol:
For once it's sunny in Scotland today.

It's actually been a great day so far. Shut the shop early to enjoy the sun and the grand national.

My wife got sent this so any help would be greatly appreciated:

IMG_8583.PNG

Haha, as much as it rains and is cloudy here in Victoria BC Canada, our summers are gorgeous. So, it's definitely no Scotland. You get that sun glen coco!

Reactions: Scott W.
It's almost always a rental car so I don't think that's going to be an option but I really need to get in the habit of getting a locker as I'm probably too trusting.

It's actually been a great day so far. Shut the shop early to enjoy the sun and the grand national.

My wife got sent this so any help would be greatly appreciated:

View attachment 4022
If she's staying onsite at a hotel then maybe, but that's pretty close to opening. Those may be just media or VIP days.

Haha, as much as it rains and is cloudy here in Victoria BC Canada, our summers are gorgeous. So, it's definitely no Scotland. You get that sun glen coco!

The biggest problem with Scotland is that it's never really warm enough to justify AC so for the few days when it's crazy warm, it's unbearable and it's never really all that cold so when there's heavy snow, everybody panics.

I'm really interested to see what the price is for the reserved Premium seating. The amenities are great and I bet they are much more economical than a Cabana. Hopefully there be an annual pass discount for us.

Premium Seating
Relax with the comfort and convenience of reserved seating for the day. Includes a pair of padded loungers with an adjustable shade canopy and a built-in storage lockbox. Plus, you can enjoy the services of an area attendant who'll see to your food and drink orders.

On Sale Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.