Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 347 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And it just did a few hours ago. Two Christian churches bombed. I just want to see their artifacts and tombs, but that ain't gonna happen anytime soon!
Ì went to Egypt just 2 months after the Luxor massacre at Djeser-Djeseru (Hatshepsut’s Temple). It's a stunning temple in the valley of the queens. I almost found my own resting place there because I went on a bike and got burned alive due to the heat.
I refused to be terrorised, maybe that is an attitude that fits people from The Netherlands, I don't know. I also went to coptic Cairo to visit the oldest church there and the stunning Mohammed Ali Mosque. I went alone and visited an Egyptian friend I met at a work vacation in the US at a boy scout camp a year earlier. Just go, people are very friendly there.

On topic; waterparks are a great way to relax when on vacation for 3 or 4 weeks and get a break from the parks without the need for traveling to the coast and do some trilling slides in the process.

Reactions: Mike S
Question. For those of you who come from other countries, how do you all bare with the heat here in Orlando during summer? Do you all actually like water parks as an option?

(Anyone not from FLORIDA can answer this. I'm just curious what and how a water park fits into peoples vacations)

Coming from Texas, which is basically another country :) , I come to Florida for a reprieve from the heat :p It's all relative, right?

Hawaii is a lot more humid and felt a lot worse.
That's surprising. I don't find Hawaii to be humid in the slightest considering you're on an island- but the location of where you are on the island the is directly related to the humidity. The leeward side is pretty much bone dry and arid on all the islands (except Kauai) while the windward side will have high humidity in most occasions, but the saltwater keeps it out of the air for the most part.
Orlando, Houston, Atlanta, etc all feel much more humid to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Question. For those of you who come from other countries, how do you all bare with the heat here in Orlando during summer? Do you all actually like water parks as an option?

(Anyone not from FLORIDA can answer this. I'm just curious what and how a water park fits into peoples vacations)

I turn into an instant sweaty puddle at any time of year and water parks are essential visits - we usually do 3 in 14-16 nights. In the UK water parks have to be mostly inside due to the climate which then limits their size considerably. You're looking at either Alton Towers or Center Parcs for places that even advertise them.

So I'm in Orlando this week, in line for Gringotts as we speak, and Volcano Bay looks absolutely fantastic in real life!

I think this can't be stated enough. For anybody who hasn't seen the scale in person, it's almost overwhelming how big the volcano is. Granted when I was there, it was just the Skelton but even then that was impressive.

I can't wait to actually see the completed thing in person.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
This is shaping up great...and even more so that We've timed our holiday (which we booked ages ago) to catch the first few days of this, and Avatar, opening.

Good times.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Just drove by VB and all I can say is WOW! I can't believe how much vegetation/foliage is in place around the entrance plaza now. They really have done a fantastic job of screening it from the road. Can't wait to see when it really fills in over the next few months.

Just drove by VB and all I can say is WOW! I can't believe how much vegetation/foliage is in place around the entrance plaza now. They really have done a fantastic job of screening it from the road. Can't wait to see when it really fills in over the next few months.
I was thinking similar the other day. drive by VB everyday twice a day or more some days and I kept saying, my view is disappearing everyday. Love that. Really the only ting you can see from I-4 eat is the Volcano and few slides, not the entire park anymore lol.

Isn't VB a ~~theme park~~?

Hah- In their defense it's a "water theme park".

I know this has been beaten to death- but I see no problem with distinguishing this water park from a Hurricane harbor, adventure island, or local water park.

It's no different than distinguishing theme parks from amusement parks in my eyes.
Disneys are water theme parks just like VB is- Universal just has he wherewithal to actually claim it as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.