Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure you will not be able to experience all this park has to offer in a single visit. Lots of details being hidden in this.
I want to disagree but you're likely right. I want to disagree because of TapuTapu making things easier. But Interesting to see if one may be able to experience volcano bay all in one day. I agree with you as well because of the park hours and the amount of amenities catering to the guests .

But it still costs a fortune to move them and you risk killing them - usually trees are bred/raised for this purpose and planted in a manner that they can be easily moved.

There's a nursery in the Dallas area where you can cheat 15 years of growth with the size of the trees.they sale. You can buy 25 to 30 ft tall oaks and pines.

It all comes down to dolla dolla bills.

Two story cabanas with the soothing sound of traffic? I hate the placement arguments but they have to have a plan for that if they are going to sell them. Maybe it will be a first come first served arrangement like many pools had til they found out people would pay?

Why do all of the waterslides at Volcano Bay have weird, unpronounceable names? Ko'okiri? Kala & Tai Nui? Kopiko Wai? Nobody is going to remember these names. The Tapu Tapu reservation system will only work well if everyone knows the names of the slides. Sure, there will probably be pictures in the reservation machine, but just walking around the park people will refer to slides based on their color. The general public will resort to saying things like "let's go on the big blue one."
At wet n wild, everyone knew most of the slide names. The park was filled with legends like Disco H20, Brainwash, and the Black Hole. These were unique, easily identifiable, and memorable rides. I'm afraid Universal tried to be too cute with Volcano Bay. In trying to iron out everything wrong with the modern waterpark, they lost the quirkiness that made the park's predecessor so lovable.

Why do all of the waterslides at Volcano Bay have weird, unpronounceable names? Ko'okiri? Kala & Tai Nui? Kopiko Wai? Nobody is going to remember these names. The Tapu Tapu reservation system will only work well if everyone knows the names of the slides. Sure, there will probably be pictures in the reservation machine, but just walking around the park people will refer to slides based on their color. The general public will resort to saying things like "let's go on the big blue one."
At wet n wild, everyone knew most of the slide names. The park was filled with legends like Disco H20, Brainwash, and the Black Hole. These were unique, easily identifiable, and memorable rides. I'm afraid Universal tried to be too cute with Volcano Bay. In trying to iron out everything wrong with the modern waterpark, they lost the quirkiness that made the park's predecessor so lovable.
This is how I discuss Aquatica. It has strange names too. I just say, hey let's go on the green one that uses the two people raft now.

Totally agree.
Rides like the Black Hole, Summit Plummet, Disco H2O, Crush N Gusher are easy to remember. Gotta keep it simple to make it a memorable staple. Still not thrilled with the Krakatau Aqua Coaster name either. Krakatau is the Volcano itself...couldn't come up with anything else?

Man oh man I have had so many ideas for a highly themed waterpark for years...I really think I need to get on Universal's creative team and show 'em how to REALLY blow away ALL the competition!

Status
Not open for further replies.