Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 273 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There once was a stunning fictional tropical volcano island with a bay. Universal build a WATER PARK in it with exciting SLIDES, PLAY AREAS for KIDS and loads of BARS and FOOD stands to make the beautiful but boring place exciting and fun. Then they magically transported it to their resort in Orlando and (almost) every guest played happily ever after.

Looks like the McDonalds type of elevated walks in the play land..

They floated the mountain to Orlando - Avatar got nothin' on UC ;)

Reactions: Joel
Is there an expectation that all of this is going to open by May? It seems like most theme parks postpone finishing a ride until a year or so after opening to help get another attendance bump.

Anybody think one of the currently under construction rides will fall into that category?

Skimmed the thread and didn't see anything concrete mentioned. Is buying a day ticket to Volcano Bay not going to be an option? Was hoping to go to Islands one day and Volcano Bay one day, but based on what I'm reading on the right side of this advert, it sounds like you must buy 3 days.

hero-2087-0.jpg

Skimmed the thread and didn't see anything concrete mentioned. Is buying a day ticket to Volcano Bay not going to be an option? Was hoping to go to Islands one day and Volcano Bay one day, but based on what I'm reading on the right side of this advert, it sounds like you must buy 3 days.

hero-2087-0.jpg
pretty sure VB will be the same single day ticket cost
but they may not be what you re asking

Is there an expectation that all of this is going to open by May? It seems like most theme parks postpone finishing a ride until a year or so after opening to help get another attendance bump.

Anybody think one of the currently under construction rides will fall into that category?
Doubt it.

That's what expansions are for.

I don't know guys, Avatarland actually looks 90% complete while this is looking about 75% complete. They still have loads of them in left to do and I'm not so sure if this will open on time or be fully ready in time. They're still not done making both rivers, the whole park doesn't have any trees, the pathways aren't even close to finished, the volcano still has 75% of its scaffolding up, the wave pool isn't even close to be done, they still have loads of steel structure everwhere, some of the building still aren't done being themed, and they still need to finish building the entire Kids area. All I can say is that progress on this park is gonna be drastic over the next 15 weeks

I don't know guys, Avatarland actually looks 90% complete while this is looking about 75% complete. They still have loads of them in left to do and I'm not so sure if this will open on time or be fully ready in time. They're still not done making both rivers, the whole park doesn't have any trees, the pathways aren't even close to finished, the volcano still has 75% of its scaffolding up, the wave pool isn't even close to be done, they still have loads of steel structure everwhere, some of the building still aren't done being themed, and they still need to finish building the entire Kids area. All I can say is that progress on this park is gonna be drastic over the next 15 weeks

The entrance is starting to really take shape.

02132017UORVB4.jpg

I think we're at the point where the smallest of tasks are going to make a huge difference.

Why are you so fixated on prices that include express passes at all 3 parks? You realize that those won't be sold nearly as often as normal tickets- right? Just look at prices without express passes. If you want to say those are still expensive, that's fine. But constantly bringing up the tickets with included express passes isn't representative to compare to any other resort such as WDW or an annual pass at Uni as neither of those include EPs.
Next you can bring up Uni VIP experiences and say how expensive those are vs an annual pass at WDW.

I didn't obsess over it until a Universal apologist came along and started trolling me saying it was misrepresentative and stuff. I originally posted it because it was news to find a Volcano Bay ticket with pricing, and also that they were going to offer a 3 park express. Now the Universal apologists are falling all over themselves to claim it's not representative of typical pricing and that I shouldn't have posted that screenshot. Whatever. Oh, and Disney pricing does include fastpass.

I didn't obsess over it until a Universal apologist came along and started trolling me saying it was misrepresentative and stuff. I originally posted it because it was news to find a Volcano Bay ticket with pricing, and also that they were going to offer a 3 park express. Now the Universal apologists are falling all over themselves to claim it's not representative of typical pricing and that I shouldn't have posted that screenshot. Whatever. Oh, and Disney pricing does include fastpass.

Sigh. Fastpass isn't express pass, as you well know.

I also never said you shouldn't have posted it- but it certainly needed clarification as it gave the illusion it was a $220 up charge as others were thinking it was (they even posted thinking it as such). When it was only a $40 difference to add on VB to any package.

I appreciate your input- but don't take offense to things. I'm wrong or don't clearly say stuff sometimes and people correct me- I don't take it personally.

Gotta hop off. Mr Davis said he needs his computer back. I told him I was just doing my job, but he said he needs to check his dinner reservation so off I go, he's the boss.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Doubt it.

That's what expansions are for.
Because it's a water park, I tend to agree with you. But, in a theme park setting, if they wanted something new to open a year from opening, it would have to be under construction right now. All of the construction looks the same

I suppose it is odd that any delays on this project don't bother me at all. I have that kind of confidence over Pandora.
This project has always been your baby, since before anyone on the net knew about it, and it's original name was the "horrible" sounding WonderSea;). So much so that they should name one of the slides, "Son of Teebin". :)....UC should invite you to baptize the park at it's opening. :cheers:

Reactions: Nico
This was Shanghai Disneyland on Feb 25th last year:

aerial-view-from-an-unmanned-aerial-vehicle-shows-shanghai-disneyland-picture-id513661622

May 7th was the first day of soft openings and this is a full theme park with much more technologically advanced rides and just as big of a "weenie" as Krakatau if not bigger. Volcano Bay should be fine.

This was Shanghai Disneyland on Feb 25th last year:

aerial-view-from-an-unmanned-aerial-vehicle-shows-shanghai-disneyland-picture-id513661622

May 7th was the first day of soft openings and this is a full theme park with much more technologically advanced rides and just as big of a "weenie" as Krakatau if not bigger. Volcano Bay should be fine.
That sums everything up pretty well. The old picture worth a thousand words , or 5 pages on the Forum. :) :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.