Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 355 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this was covered somewhere in 354 pages, but I just learned that even though we'll be staying at the Hard Rock in June, we have Fast Passes for the 2 parks but not for Volcano Bay. That is extra. Website and all of the pricing options is very confusing.

I think it had been talked about but it was all speculation.

That's quite interesting but I don't think this will last. I think once this summer is over, it will be included but I find it a little odd that they're charging extra for it or is it just not offered and you need to buy it yourself?

I think it had been talked about but it was all speculation.

That's quite interesting but I don't think this will last. I think once this summer is over, it will be included but I find it a little odd that they're charging extra for it or is it just not offered and you need to buy it yourself?

It is extra, and the cost varies per day. I just talked to customer service. Pretty disappointing.

Reactions: Scott W.
It is extra, and the cost varies per day. I just talked to customer service. Pretty disappointing.
Depending on how well Tapu Tapu works you may find express is not needed and would be an extra expense better spent on rum drinks and speciality food. Maybe a cabana?

Reactions: Joel
Depending on how well Tapu Tapu works you may find express is not needed and would be an extra expense better spent on rum drinks and speciality food. Maybe a cabana?

I can't see a cabana being comparable to an express pass. I'm thinking the prices for a cabana are going to be crazy and the prices I have in mind, if true, I'm surprised that they don't include express passes.

I hope you are right that Tapu Tapu makes the Express Pass unnecessary on most days. Its disappointing in the sense that we thought staying at one of the top hotels included Express Passes, even after re-reading the website its hard to tell. Unlimited Express Pass is something that keeps bringing my family back to Universal, instead of the other place. We always go home feeling like we got to do everything. I can't put a value on that.

Reactions: Andysol
I hope you are right that Tapu Tapu makes the Express Pass unnecessary on most days. Its disappointing in the sense that we thought staying at one of the top hotels included Express Passes, even after re-reading the website its hard to tell. Unlimited Express Pass is something that keeps bringing my family back to Universal, instead of the other place. We always go home feeling like we got to do everything. I can't put a value on that.

Have you called to express your dismay? They might compensate or provide it to you since it was either flat out changed or vague.

Reactions: JoeCamel and Alicia
Have you called to express your dismay? They might compensate or provide it to you since it was either flat out changed or vague.
Yea, if the shelf tag is wrong at the grocery store and I point it out, they still give me the wrong/lower price... The Loews website listed free VB Express included for awhile up until recently, and if you point that out and complain they may accommodate you. I know I'd at least try.

On the bright side, Express for VB is pretty cheap. Starting* at 19.99/ day for single use and 39.99/day for unlimited. But as Joe said, I'd maybe wait till the day of and see if you need it or not before paying for it... Hopefully they work something out for you though.

(*price will vary depending on days)

Anybody want to vectorize this bad boy? * looks at @scott_walker *
Volcano%20Bay%20poster.jpg

Reactions: maxairmike and Joel
I'm sure this was covered somewhere in 354 pages, but I just learned that even though we'll be staying at the Hard Rock in June, we have Fast Passes for the 2 parks but not for Volcano Bay. That is extra. Website and all of the pricing options is very confusing.

There was actually a time where it did mention express passes to all theme parks. It was like that for a week or so (right people?) before they mentioned the VB exclusion. I went to get a screenshot to potentially argue the fact because I booked it during that window but it was already gone. Sucks, I agree.
Did anyone catch a screen shot by chance?

Reactions: JoeCamel
There was actually a time where it did mention express passes to all theme parks. It was like that for a week or so (right people?) before they mentioned the VB exclusion. I went to get a screenshot to potentially argue the fact because I booked it during that window but it was already gone. Sucks, I agree.
Did anyone catch a screen shot by chance?
Someone had it on here a couple of days ago. Lowe's screen shot.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I think the reasoning behind removing express and making it pay only is capacity control. Universal can control the number of express passes they want to sell. If only 100 people can buy express for the day than no one else is really effected and tapu tapu still works with rather short lines as all 100 most likely wouldn't do the same things at the same time. On the other hand, you give it to all the premium guests, you now open to 2000+ guests who could really throw off tapu tapu utilizing express and going against their statement of no long lines for Volcano Bay or low satisfaction due to the waiting time between attractions.

I think the reasoning behind removing express and making it pay only is capacity control. Universal can control the number of express passes they want to sell. If only 100 people can buy express for the day than no one else is really effected and tapu tapu still works with rather short lines as all 100 most likely wouldn't do the same things at the same time. On the other hand, you give it to all the premium guests, you now open to 2000+ guests who could really throw off tapu tapu utilizing express and going against their statement of no long lines for Volcano Bay or low satisfaction due to the waiting time between attractions.
regardless thats poor form on universals part

on a good note that water flowing off of the volcano is incredible looking

Thanks for the shot, I wonder if they will fall back on the fine print if you press them on it?
They wouldn't have a leg to stand on. It's not like they'd give it to the 2000+ guests- just the dozen that might complain. I'm gonna go out on a ledge and say after I give them my pouty eyes and show them that pic that I'll get express. ;) But if I don't, that's ok too.

They likely changed the policy after testing Fallon's system. It's better for everyone if they limit Express. And it's not like they're hurting for occupancy. They might offer it as a promotion when occupancy might be down at a deluxe. There's a reason RPR isn't a premium resort and is just preferred. That reason might be VB.

Reactions: Joel and JoeCamel
They wouldn't have a leg to stand on. It's not like they'd give it to the 2000+ guests- just the dozen that might complain. I'm gonna go out on a ledge and say after I give them my pouty eyes and show them that pic that I'll get express. ;) But if I don't, that's ok too.

They likely changed the policy after testing Fallon's system. It's better for everyone if they limit Express. And it's not like they're hurting for occupancy. They might offer it as a promotion when occupancy might be down at a deluxe. There's a reason RPR isn't a premium resort and is just preferred. That reason might be VB.

Information and policies are subject to change without notice is at the bottom of page and always has been. If you are nice about it, they may give it to you. If you go in there saying and demanding it, they may not.

Status
Not open for further replies.