Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, having checked, the regular and unlimited Express Pass is sold out for Volcano Bay for May 25th-29th and the following weekend, and other days around then are nearly sold out. Cabanas are either sold out or are very hard to get on most days over the next several weeks.

Can I ask how/where did you check this?

Not all that area is expansion, some is for park support and such.

I think Universal is waiting for guest feedback and wait times on attractions before making a choice. Even if they decided in late 2017 ProSlide might not be able to deliver till 2019.

What I think the expansion could be:

• Larger raft water coaster, similar to Mamoth at Holiday World
  • Raft racing slides
  • Family body slides
  • Additional kids water playgroud
  • And/or additional food, drink, restrooms, beach area with chairs, and cabanas
If they want an addition next year, I guarantee you Proslide would deliver. Universal just forked out millions for this park...and they're a client that would be willing to fork out millions more and make it worth Proslides time.

If they want an addition next year, I guarantee you Proslide would deliver. Universal just forked out millions for this park...and they're a client that would be willing to fork out millions more and make it worth Proslides time.

I just can't see Universal being in a hurry to expand. The park will still be new in the eyes of most people for the next few years and I don't think they want to expand until they have to as once they've used that land up, they're extremely limited on space. They're boxed in on all angles and the park is quite densely packed already.

I just can't see Universal being in a hurry to expand. The park will still be new in the eyes of most people for the next few years and I don't think they want to expand until they have to as once they've used that land up, they're extremely limited on space. They're boxed in on all angles and the park is quite densely packed already.

They will need the capacity.

Yeah but how many parks have put in orders for slides in 2018 and even 2019?

Yeah but how many parks have put in orders for slides in 2018 and even 2019?
Maybe Universal did? The expansion could have been planned from the beginning. Also, in the article they did state construction could start in 3 weeks, which could be exaggerated, but it was said none the less.

"Universal shows no signs of slowing down. There is already a 5-acre Volcano Bay expansion in the works.
"We have a pretty darn good idea of what we'll do," says Mason. "It could happen quicker than we think: it could start in three weeks.""

I would think this might be possible, at least for part of the ride if they use LIM tech. It would also help solidify the "Theme Park" moniker. Imagine seeing an AA Waturi chieftain chanting in tongues and flailing his arms about. What an original idea huh!!! ?

Yeah something cool like that. Have like model volcanos and maybe another tribe fighting for their land in there. Put some animal AA's. I think it would really elevate this park even higher if they added something like this.

Why are they chipping up the concrete in the north river? Mercy!!!

Goodness, that video is telling... and not telling good things.

Looks like there was an issue with the surface adhering to the concrete shell. Sometimes if the bond coat isn't applied right water can get between the pool surface and concrete shell causing a sort of bubble. It can grow and cause more problems if not addressed such as hydration staining or the surface cracking off. As long as it isn't an issue with the whole lazy river it will most likely be taken care of in a day. They don't seem too concerned and are only using manual tools. One thing they've had on their side is the weather. Rain always causes delays when surfacing pools. If it hadn't been so dry this year I wonder how far they would be right now. For anyone worried most of the the things I see other than slide issues will be fine for opening as long as we don't get any rain, that we need desperately. I don't know about slides though some of those might not be ready.

Looks like there was an issue with the surface adhering to the concrete shell. Sometimes if the bond coat isn't applied right water can get between the pool surface and concrete shell causing a sort of bubble. It can grow and cause more problems if not addressed such as hydration staining or the surface cracking off. As long as it isn't an issue with the whole lazy river it will most likely be taken care of in a day. They don't seem too concerned and are only using manual tools. One thing they've had on their side is the weather. Rain always causes delays when surfacing pools. If it hadn't been so dry this year I wonder how far they would be right now. For anyone worried most of the the things I see other than slide issues will be fine for opening as long as we don't get any rain, that we need desperately. I don't know about slides though some of those might not be ready.
Great info as ever! Thanks :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.