Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 184 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
VB express is sold at concierge inside the parks, and can now be purchased in advance online through the same Uni webpage as dry park Express passes. Starts at $20 for single use off peak, up to $99 unlimited peak.

Hot damn that’s expensive for a water park.

Went yesterday, got every single slide done in the first hour and a half of extra hours. 7:30-9am.
Yes, you’re at a water park at 7:30- but being able to sit on krakatau for 4 rides in a row and not even stand up is worth it.
That said- after 9am hit... best head to the rivers or wave pool because hell’s gate is now open. Be gone by 10am; or 11 if you want lunch.

And after going to Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach and Volcano Bay all on this trip- Volcano Bay is still hands down the favorite (sans the unbeatable TL wave pool). Also the most crowded.

Went yesterday, got every single slide done in the first hour and a half of extra hours. 7:30-9am.
Yes, you’re at a water park at 7:30- but being able to sit on krakatau for 4 rides in a row and not even stand up is worth it.
That said- after 9am hit... best head to the rivers or wave pool because hell’s gate is now open. Be gone by 10am; or 11 if you want lunch.

And after going to Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach and Volcano Bay all on this trip- Volcano Bay is still hands down the favorite (sans the unbeatable TL wave pool). Also the most crowded.

Considering you had to pay for a hotel room to get early access, then it's not all that expensive. Plus most people don't want to be on water slides at 7:30am.

Considering you had to pay for a hotel room to get early access, then it's not all that expensive. Plus most people don't want to be on water slides at 7:30am.
The AP gets early entry as well so you don't have to be onsite plus it is 9000 degrees at 7:30 so some water sounds pretty good in August. Could not imagine being there at 2pm though.Too many bars with AC for me to make that work.

Reactions: Coasted
The AP gets early entry as well so you don't have to be onsite plus it is 9000 degrees at 7:30 so some water sounds pretty good in August. Could not imagine being there at 2pm though.Too many bars with AC for me to make that work.

Most people don't have AP either.

My point is, express pass isn't THAT expensive for one and done locals or tourists that aren't staying nearby.

Most people don't have AP either.

My point is, express pass isn't THAT expensive for one and done locals or tourists that aren't staying nearby.

I can only speak for me- but express wouldn’t be worth it for me at 2pm. Even if I had it for free.

The crowds are crushing. And your wait is still ~20 mins per slide. Or- you walk right on everything with nothing more than 2 min wait 7:30-9.

Reactions: Coasted
AP only gets EPA at VB during UOAP appreciation days (now thru Sept)

I imagine they're trying to price some people out

Saw my friend posed for pics with King Julien from Madagascar at Volcano Bay. How long has he been out there doing meet-and-greets?

Reactions: SpatulaShack
That's a nice touch.

I had "I Like To Move It" stuck in my head for days after riding the Madagascar ride 3x in USS. I'm not sure if I would or wouldn't want something themed to it in VB. :lol:

King Julien has been there all summer. If I had to bet on it, i'd say he'll go away once Universal considers summer season over, as the cost to have him there likely won't be worth it anymore.