Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

Just FYI: the park hit Phase 2 closing before 11:00 AM yesterday (Saturday).

Not sure what Phase 2 entails, but I think during Phase 1 they close the south parking garage.
Phase 1 is when they start limit entry. I think (although not sure) on-site hotel guests can still go in during this phase, but it's mostly just waiting for enough bodies to leave so that they can let guests in.

Any idea on why they keep re-arranging the premium seating? It used to be located all together on the beach, now half of it is clumped together facing Moana :/

We just went to Volcano Bay yesterday for the first time. We did not have early entrance, but we got there early to be first in line for when they opened the park. They opened the park right at 8:30, and all the rides were still ride now. We were easily able to ride everything we wanted to as a ride now before we ever had to tap in for a wait. We didn’t have express either. After our first round, we then rerode the aqua coaster (which was only a 30 minute wait by this point) as well as a few other slides, did the fearless river several times while waiting, did the wave pool, ate lunch, etc. Several slides remained ride now the entire time we were there. We had finished doing everything we wanted to do in the park by the time everything shut down due to the approaching weather.

A couple of new additions:

1) King Julien (from Madagascar) is doing meet and greets in the park now, across from the Kohola Reef restaurant.

2) The park now has a Pearl Factory, just like the dry parks. It is in Rainforest Village, near Oh No and Oh Yah, next to the volcano.

A couple of new additions:

1) King Julien (from Madagascar) is doing meet and greets in the park now, across from the Kohola Reef restaurant.

2) The park now has a Pearl Factory, just like the dry parks. It is in Rainforest Village, near Oh No and Oh Yah, next to the volcano.
I wouldn't mind seeing a Madagascar area in the new expansion, could be fun

I wouldn't mind seeing a Madagascar area in the new expansion, could be fun

I think Volcano Bay has it's own unique theming and I would rather they stay true to that. Madagascar being the other side of the world from Polynesia doesn't really work.

A new water park using IPs though? That sounds great to me and sounds like an easy way to deliver a unique theme and experience.

I think Volcano Bay has it's own unique theming and I would rather they stay true to that. Madagascar being the other side of the world from Polynesia doesn't really work.

A new water park using IPs though? That sounds great to me and sounds like an easy way to deliver a unique theme and experience.
When they put an IP into Volcano Bay people are gonna fliiiiip

Timtracker posted a VB video a few days ago and he noted they were selling express passes now. Can anyone confirm this? Can you use your onsite express benefit for this or do you have to buy these?