Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 198 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The article said it was recently worked on. At a quick guess, I'm thinking either a box cover didn't get tightened or a direct burial splice kit didn't seal properly. Theres some other potential causes, but it's almost certainly caused by the recent work.

Reactions: Legacy
And will win nothing as she likely has 0 damages.
1.) that’s a big assumption that there’s no damage. There’s always a way to build a case when a big company is at fault.

2.) Universal is at fault and this happened to her on their playground. They’ll pay her to shut her up and add a clause that she can’t speak publicly about this again.

Or a conduit, buried 8"-12" in the landscaping.
The cable was actually exposed based on what I’ve heard from a few lifeguards who were working when this happened. I heard it was due to the extreme heat that we’ve been having - it frayed the cable. Once the rain finally hit for the first time in weeks, it had bad affects.

Last edited:
WESH 2 has a new story with a different woman from the same day. Says it happened to her around the 9:00am hour (so right around opening) in the lazy river and she has documentation of her complaint with Universal to prove it.

Woman claims she was shocked in Volcano Bay lazy river hours before early closure
Add that to what the anonymous Team Member said about feeling it all day, and that's a pretty serious issue, that went on for much longer than 10 minutes after someone knew about it.

If I complained about something like this, and nothing was done all day/no one took the complaint seriously for that many hours, I would be really really upset.

Add that to what the anonymous Team Member said about feeling it all day, and that's a pretty serious issue, that went on for much longer than 10 minutes after someone knew about it.

If I complained about something like this, and nothing was done all day/no one took the complaint seriously for that many hours, I would be really really upset.

There's two things happening here. The incompetence and the attempted cover up.

Reactions: SeventyOne

Another thing is that even though multiple TMs were feeling that, they knew they couldn’t leave or they’d potentially lose their job.

Poor management or poor communication to management. Either way, people need to be fired. This could've been a lot worse.
plus really really bad publicity. Yes, definitely, mgt. people that knew should be held responsible in some manner. I've never been one to feel like it's proper to fire someone with a good employee background over one incident, but suspensions are probably warranted for those mgt. who knew but did nothing.

Reactions: Joel and SeventyOne
Another thing is that even though multiple TMs were feeling that, they knew they couldn’t leave or they’d potentially lose their job.

I get the understanding that they can't leave their position. Lifeguards need to be at attention at all times, the second you turn your back, something bad can happen. Having said that, you'd expect in this day with hundreds of methods of communication that they should easily be able to communicate with each other. I know they have a whistle but it's 2019.

Poor management or poor communication to management. Either way, people need to be fired. This could've been a lot worse.

Major revisions in training also incoming.

I get the understanding that they can't leave their position. Lifeguards need to be at attention at all times, the second you turn your back, something bad can happen. Having said that, you'd expect in this day with hundreds of methods of communication that they should easily be able to communicate with each other. I know they have a whistle but it's 2019.

Major revisions in training also incoming.
I mean I get that as well, but if you have a lot of employees in one area saying their legs are going numb, you might want to look into it and shut the area down rather than make them continue to work through it all day.

That’s more what my point was.