Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 197 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anyone know any details why Volcano Bay shut early today? Rumor said something about an electrocution.

edit:
Incident at Universal Orlando's Volcano Bay causes park to close early - Story | WOFL

61830367_10219810597157238_7610710386706219008_n.jpg
Just so you know. The guests suffered an electrical shock, not an electrocution Electrocution means they died.

I’m glad this was reported and handled before anyone got hurt, but the lady blabbing to the press and elsewhere is just looking for attention and comes off obnoxious to me. I hope she enjoyed her 15 mins.

Reactions: truejonas
I’m glad this was reported and handled before anyone got hurt, but the lady blabbing to the press and elsewhere is just looking for attention and comes off obnoxious to me. I hope she enjoyed her 15 mins.
I don't know anything about her, but I do know she was contacted by the press, not the other way around. She described her story on the passholder page because she was disappointed by the lack of action on behalf of Team Members at the park (I know I would be upset too.) The press was already working on the story when they caught wind of her post on FB and reached out for comment.

I don't know anything about her, but I do know she was contacted by the press, not the other way around. She described her story on the passholder page because she was disappointed by the lack of action on behalf of Team Members at the park (I know I would be upset too.) The press was already working on the story when they caught wind of her post on FB and reached out for comment.

Lack of action? It sounds like they were investigating it within 10 mins and CLOSED the entire park. She’s acting like they just ignored the threat, but they clearly didn’t. I’m sure this isn’t something any of the cast members were prepared for.

Also a lot of people are crazy...and I’d be suspicious too, given how strange the story is.

She didn’t “have” to talk to the press. She was already refunded, and probably offered free tickets, if not more.

Sorry, just irks me.

Further rant....they even sent people to the hospital...

No one was even harmed ....

Here is the actual story...woman complains about getting a small shock in a pathway, Universal responded by closing the entire park and sending people and employees to the hospital for safety precautions. No one was injured. Universal apologized and offered the tourist a full refund and tickets to come back.

They probably offered all the current park visitors return tickets as well.

Last edited:
Lack of action? It sounds like they were investigating it within 10 mins and CLOSED the entire park. She’s acting like they just ignored the threat, but they clearly didn’t. I’m sure this isn’t something any of the cast members were prepared for.

Also a lot of people are crazy...and I’d be suspicious too, given how strange the story is.

She didn’t “have” to talk to the press. She was already refunded, and probably offered free tickets, if not more.

Sorry, just irks me.

Further rant....they even sent people to the hospital...

No one was even harmed ....

Here is the actual story...woman complains about getting a small shock in a pathway, Universal responded by closing the entire park and sending people and employees to the hospital for safety precautions. No one was injured. Universal apologized and offered the tourist a full refund and tickets to come back.

They probably offered all the current park visitors return tickets as well.

As someone who was in management... if my guest got shocked and they alerted me to it I'd be gravely concerned instantly.

It sounds to me like the manager on duty did not handle this properly, and they are rightfully upset.

Last edited:
I'm sure she's fielded offers from multiple lawyers by now.

And I have been shocked. By more voltage than happened to the people in this story. I never considered myself injured.

Reactions: rhino4evr
I'm sure she's fielded offers from multiple lawyers by now.

And I have been shocked. By more voltage than happened to the people in this story. I never considered myself injured.
And will win nothing as she likely has 0 damages.