Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

Is there any way to book premium seating without calling the 1-800 number? What happens in the event of the park closing due to inclement weather (either wholesale or partially)?

You’re going to hate me and rail against vague insiders, but i can’t say right now. Brian can vouch.

As for why I have some guesses with no inside info. Getting the park functioning first was important and probably put this on the back burner. But I also think Universal might have froze additions after all the issues ProSlide had with capacity and design. If they were looking to resolve issues and possible legal action they were probably advised to not purchase anything new through them. That probably put a hold on anything. So now that they’re looking to add makes me think Uni and ProSlide have worked something out.

I have some hypothesis on how things can go from here on out but they’re guesses.

I honestly don’t think they needed to expand so soon. They have a limited area to expand and once they do, that’s it. Holding off for a few years was a smart move.

Anyone have any intel on why Volcano Bay closed early today? Weather seems to be holding steady at 70 degrees with no rain on the radar. Universal's vague responses to Twitter queries seems ominous.

Anyone have any intel on why Volcano Bay closed early today? Weather seems to be holding steady at 70 degrees with no rain on the radar. Universal's vague responses to Twitter queries seems ominous.
What time did it close. It was scheduled to close at 5.

Per Universal's Twitter & app, it closed at 3pm. The claim was inclement weather, but... you know, the weather was fine.
I was able to find out that it closed due to low attendance.

Nothing nefarious here other than some budget cutting. They were probably spending way more to keep the place open than they were making in guest spending.

It sure would’ve been a great day to be at the park though.

I was able to find out that it closed due to low attendance.

Nothing nefarious here other than some budget cutting. They were probably spending way more to keep the place open than they were making in guest spending.

It sure would’ve been a great day to be at the park though.

That does make me worry for the next few weeks. I'm coming in early February, and the forecast looks to be similar to what we're dealing with now. I've already added the water park to my tickets and would hate for them to pull the plug because not enough others did the same...

That does make me worry for the next few weeks. I'm coming in early February, and the forecast looks to be similar to what we're dealing with now. I've already added the water park to my tickets and would hate for them to pull the plug because not enough others did the same...
The problems come when it’s overcast (or rainy) as it was today. I was wearing a ski hat and sweatshirt until about 1pm today. Certainly wouldn’t have wanted to be in a bathing suit.

Personally, I think Universal should just close VB and do a park wide refurb every January. The park has never really been needed in January as it’s closed half the time anyway.

I'll be at VB in a week. I'm going if its open no matter the temps! looks like upper 70's Tuesday and Wednesday. I'll take it for early Feb! I'm sure it will be less than ideal but nothing a few "warm up" drinks won't cure! haha

If the park closes 2 hours early because so few people are there, you’ll have a fantastic day at the park and will likely have ridden everything a dozen times already.

Anything for social media

My VPN isn’t working and I haven’t read the article but how can the guest possibly be at fault

"In a response to the lawsuit filed in mid-December, Universal blamed Carlino, claiming that she hadn’t used “reasonable care for her own safety.” Universal also claimed that it did not know about the electrical problems that caused people to be shocked, so it had no duty to warn people about any dangers.
The response from Universal did not say how Carlino was supposed to have known she would be shocked.
Federal investigators said in November that Universal Orlando Resort would not be cited for electrical problems that led to lifeguards and guests getting shocked because the resort was unaware something was wrong.

According to a report from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Universal officials told investigators that engineers measured 20 to 30 volts on a sidewalk. The cause was found to be electrical wiring damaged during construction that sent electrical current through the ground."

"In a response to the lawsuit filed in mid-December, Universal blamed Carlino, claiming that she hadn’t used “reasonable care for her own safety.” Universal also claimed that it did not know about the electrical problems that caused people to be shocked, so it had no duty to warn people about any dangers.
The response from Universal did not say how Carlino was supposed to have known she would be shocked.
Federal investigators said in November that Universal Orlando Resort would not be cited for electrical problems that led to lifeguards and guests getting shocked because the resort was unaware something was wrong.

According to a report from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Universal officials told investigators that engineers measured 20 to 30 volts on a sidewalk. The cause was found to be electrical wiring damaged during construction that sent electrical current through the ground."

Wow....