Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

Funny little thing about Punga weight limit is that the video played on the bus ride over shows people who are clearly 150+ lbs entering the line.

I struggle to stay on the mat as it is. No idea how larger or more out of shape guests would especially given the runoff distance.

They can possibly aerate the water so you sink into slowing faster versus skidding over it. They can add water coming down the sides of the slider just before the runoff to slow you down. They can add those traction stickers to the bottom of the slide before the runoff to act as a brake. I say fix the problem as those slides are the second best thing there besides krakatau. I'm 240 and never had a problem but to not skim the whole runoff you have to tilt the front of the mat up and push down to slow yourself down.

Is there any word if Punga Racers will be going down for refurb soon now that it's winter? Something has to be done about the 150lb weight limit. It's completely absurd that a major ride like that has been operating under such ridiculous circumstances for as long as it has. This isn't a kid's ride where you could at least justify it. For 90% of adults, the park has essentially been down an attraction for months.

Is there any word if Punga Racers will be going down for refurb soon now that it's winter? Something has to be done about the 150lb weight limit. It's completely absurd that a major ride like that has been operating under such ridiculous circumstances for as long as it has. This isn't a kid's ride where you could at least justify it. For 90% of adults, the park has essentially been down an attraction for months.
Personally, I’d be too scared to ever ride it now anyway.

I will be heading to UO in a couple weeks! I'm excited to visit Volcano Bay in the winter for the first time to see the park when it is (hopefully) less busy. For those who have been there in January/early February how have the lines been? Is everything walk on except the coaster and drop slides?

Also, i know most of the water is heated but i'm hoping for at least upper 70s when I go. fingers crossed. haha!