Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Pricing, AP, & More

Then, there might be a core of the older folk, like me, that goes to VB for the two rivers, the wave pool, bars , food, Volcano & ambiance and only does a couple of slides at most. No need for Express for our demographic. :)
Excellent point.

I'm worried it's so cheap everyone will get it, and then effectively no one has it.

Then, there might be a core of the older folk, like me, that goes to VB for the two rivers, the wave pool, bars , food, Volcano & ambiance and only does a couple of slides at most. No need for Express for our demographic. :)

Yea I share that same worry, but we all know Universal excels at balancing express pass pricing vs crowds levels (looking at you HHN)

So what's the consensus on the express pass.

We will be going a say or 2 after official opening...if anything, buying it should guarentee we get in?

Haven't seen these prices posted anywhere yet:

ZwNhGjc.jpg

Smart pricing on Uni's part... this incentivizes most to get at least a Preferred Pass due to the Seasonal and Power having blockout dates and they don't have free parking. I personally don't like it from my perspective, but as a business this should be really good for them.

I remember not too long ago I was paying around $418 for a WDW AP (which included parking), so they are being slightly ballsy, but I think it will work for them.

Personally I wish there was a VB only AP that we could buy though. I don't have much of an interest in USF or IOA this year (Pandora's more interesting than Fallon), so i'm less likely to buy an AP even with VB there. I'll probably just bug my friend that works there if the blockout dates to guests actually get lifted in the fall :lol:
I could not get on here last night like I wanted to but we bought our Premier annual passes last night and right after clicking the window of buying the pass the screen refreshed and the passes for volcano Bay and all of that popped up and I thought about it I said well the day we bought our passes was the last day to get the three months for free right? So right after 12 o'clock 1111 12 o'clock is website went into now advertising the three-part passes so we wind up getting the premiere passes for the regular Park the park and not volcano Bay and it's only an extra what looks like hundred and $50 is I don't know if I'm upset or not but I guess we'll just see how that works out we really had the opportunity to get the volcano bypassed but we didn't see it by the time we had long been to buy the passes we were so disappointed but because the tickets are cheap we're not as disappointed as we probably won't go too many times this particular Year anyway

I could not get on here last night like I wanted to but we bought our Premier annual passes last night and right after clicking the window of buying the pass the screen refreshed and the passes for volcano Bay and all of that popped up and I thought about it I said well the day we bought our passes was the last day to get the three months for free right? So right after 12 o'clock 1111 12 o'clock is website went into now advertising the three-part passes so we wind up getting the premiere passes for the regular Park the park and not volcano Bay and it's only an extra what looks like hundred and $50 is I don't know if I'm upset or not but I guess we'll just see how that works out we really had the opportunity to get the volcano bypassed but we didn't see it by the time we had long been to buy the passes we were so disappointed but because the tickets are cheap we're not as disappointed as we probably won't go too many times this particular Year anyway
If you are in IOA between April 3-30, you can get your pass upgraded at the JP Discovery Center.

So what's the consensus on the express pass.

We will be going a say or 2 after official opening...if anything, buying it should guarentee we get in?
I don't really see a consensus yet. I doubt anyone would know really until the park operates for a while....Just guessing here, but I think the slides will be most crowded during the seasons and holidays that students are out of school, and comprise the greater percentage of the VB park & Universal hotel guests. There might be less usage of the water slides the times of year when adults are a higher percentage. Adults are more apt to spend their times on the two rivers, the pools, and food/liquor venues. Less need for Express then.

I think paying for parking is going to sour it a little but if you're able to get a full 12 hours in the park and if it's a family of 4, the parking becomes less of an issue.

For the park being open so late, the Express Pass is just an added bonus if needed.
Agreed.

My one and only thought is weather. While Orlando has great weather, it's also pretty violent. I wonder if they factored all of this in to the potential time people may lose everyday especially during the wet season.

A family of four will find great value at Volcano Bay if they are staying onsite especially.

I think paying for parking is going to sour it a little but if you're able to get a full 12 hours in the park and if it's a family of 4, the parking becomes less of an issue.

For the park being open so late, the Express Pass is just an added bonus if needed.
But on site guests won't be paying separate for VB parking, and they're probably going to be the bulk of high spending per guest traffic.