Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Cup_Of_Coffee

Veteran Member
Aug 7, 2018
Im traveling in 2 weeks but honestly kinda wish I was there now lol I could get IOA done by noon today then just lounge in my hotel until the storm passes over. Wont have a wait like this for Hagrid's likely until this thing gets running permanently.

ThomasByrd

Rookie
Nov 1, 2013
Literally the only thing in the park yesterday with a wait.

Was there at 7. 90 min posted. Queue was outside And by the Hut.

Reactions: Andysol

Andysol

Veteran Member
Jun 21, 2016
Not that I need to state the obvious, but you can never be sure anymore.
Hurricanes suck. Property is damaged. People can be hurt. People are inconvenienced. It's a financial toll on the state and business. Etc, etc.

That out of the way, Hurricanes are badass for the parks. The 1-2 days before a hurricane hits are always amazing. If you can go to a park before a hurricane, consider yourself lucky.

Volcano Bay 2 days before Irma (this was 7 mins before park open). Remember, this was in 2017, the year the park opened and the crowds were hellacious:

50 mins after park open:

Diagon Alley the day before Irma, 25 mins after park opening:

Gringotts 40 mins after park open:

After the ride (no one waiting):

Diagon an hour and 23 mins after park open:

Jimmy Fallon at 11:30am (which wasn't even 4 months old):

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
I know throughout the resort many people were offered to go home since crowds are so low, so they probably are running a less than Normal amount of trains.

Reactions: Tbad556

HandsomePete

Rookie
Jul 8, 2019
I know throughout the resort many people were offered to go home since crowds are so low, so they probably are running a less than Normal amount of trains.
How would the number of TMs in the station affect how many trains can run? The trains load one at a time.

I timed trains and my count was four on a cycle that looped just under every five minutes. About 700 GC/hour. Not as good as last night when they had six. I had heard that inclusive of weather and technical downtimes that this thing was averaging in the 600-700 range, so my clicking seems to support that.

Joe

aka TestTrack321
Staff member
Feb 15, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
How would the number of TMs in the station affect how many trains can run? The trains load one at a time.

I timed trains and my count was four on a cycle that looped just under every five minutes. About 700 GC/hour. Not as good as last night when they had six. I had heard that inclusive of weather and technical downtimes that this thing was averaging in the 600-700 range, so my clicking seems to support that.
Weird, last I heard they were reliability running 8.

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando

It doesn’t. But they probably wanted to save money and just decided to run less today.

Reactions: Joe

HandsomePete

Rookie
Jul 8, 2019
Weird, last I heard they were reliability running 8.
Last two times before today they appeared to be running a profile of 6-7 in a pack with a large gap at the end, which is what I would do if I was trying to prevent cascading.

Yesterday the gaps were about 30 seconds and then two and a half minutes until the pack of six cycled through again.

Today was even spacing so four is technically a guess, but if you were to add up five trains worth of time it would have required stopping in the station.