Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Sounds like the ride is having the same problems since it opened. Ops should have been going much more smoothly by now. When does everyone put up the white flag and start discussing this ride as a operational failure for the most part?

Tick tock

Because you're a hypocrite and a troll and we love seeing you squirm.

But not really, we're trying to figure out what's happening in the parks based on the information we have. If you're not satisfied in the information or opinions from a site called INSIDE UNIVERSAL's there's other options that might be a better option for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because you're a hypocrite and a troll and we love seeing you squirm.

But not really, we're trying to figure out what's happening in the parks based on the information we have. If you're not satisfied in the information or opinions from a site called INSIDE UNIVERSAL's there's other options that might be a better option for you.

It’s amazing to me that you’re a “moderator”. I call both Disney and Universal out for mistakes. I dont post on magic because Disney fanboys are worse than universal fanboys.

You can ignore the obvious problems all you want. They still exist. We shouldn’t be hitting capacity and having this many delays at a major theme park.

I’m not a troll, i’m a realist.

Bad form.

Eh.. he's not wrong. I have not wanted to plan a trip back to IOA for it since it's still too unpredictable. I'm not going through all the trouble of going there and walking back to Hogsmeade to find it's at capacity or delayed opening or whatever.

Lots. By 8:30 all the turnstile lines were well past the ticket booths. Crazy to me how this thing pulls that many people on a Monday morning in September.
I still haven't seen a negative review on the ride experience....and it's now been open three months. That's amazing...The only negatives are concerning breakdowns/line times.

I still haven't seen a negative review on the ride experience....and it's now been open three months. That's amazing...The only negatives are concerning breakdowns/line times.

Definitely the breakdowns are an issue, but we got lucky overall this weekend when we actually got to ride. This would’ve been our third, possibly fourth ride, but Wednesday night it closed for capacity real early at about 5:30. Literally refreshed the app to show it closed for capacity as we were walking in the park. Then Thursday morning it had an extended delay, but we got the ruby pass and used that Friday. Both times we rode, when we were exiting, we saw trains stuck on the track.

Was there this weekend and seemed like everyday was a 2 hour wait. Idk about y’all but I’m not waiting 2 hours for any ride.
Me too. I draw the line at 45-60 minutes.....and that would only be for a ride that looks as great as Hagrids.....Heck, I live close to Kennywood Park and have an AP, but haven't rode their well reviewed new coaster Steel Vengeance, since the line is pretty much always around 2 hours long.

I rope dropped on Friday morning and had absolutely no issues. I'm quoting this because it's exactly how it went for me on Friday morning (almost down to the exact minute)

8:05 - At IOA gate. There were about a dozen people ahead of me at the ticket booth.
8:50 - Gates opened.
8:56 - In Sinbad queue, but no stopping. (I could hear the bikes and I was getting pumped)
9:00 - Entered Hagrid’s queue, posted time 60 minutes.
9:05 - In the “bike” room with the shadows on the ceiling (brief pause here)
9:10 - Boarded the side car
9:14 - Off ride.

Eh.. he's not wrong. I have not wanted to plan a trip back to IOA for it since it's still too unpredictable. I'm not going through all the trouble of going there and walking back to Hogsmeade to find it's at capacity or delayed opening or whatever.

I've been 3 times to rope drop, and have had the same great experience each time. Luck of the draw unfortunately

I waited 3 hours for Flight of Passage and have waited 2+ hours for various other attractions ha ha. I mean it's not something I love to do, but I probably would wait 2 hours for Hagrids.... I don't know how much beyond 2 hours I'd be willing to do.. but I've done it before and would do it again... It's not ideal but sometimes I only get the chance to experience these attractions once every 2 years or so.

7:40 - at turnstile
8:50 - let into park
9:00 - in line
9:10 - off ride

Effects seem to be working. Just amazing!

How many folks do you think were rope dropping?
I was there too. We were actually the very first people to ride today. Front row, first train, group of 8 with two 6 year olds in tow.

No running, very fast walking, but no lockers either.

There were 4 people in front of us, two went the long way in Seuss (HUGE mistake). The other two had a backpack, so we beat everybody.

Something we did learn from our Friday rope drop- on the right side of the big gate (if facing the park), you can line up in the very far left side which will eventually have an extra line as the handicap area will have a portable scanner.

Well, we went ahead and queued there knowing that. Then, as you’re in the front, be nice to the gate agent and ask them to scan all of your parties tickets before they announce the opening of the park. Then you can all just go on in.

Ended up riding Hagrid’s, Forbidden Journey and then the littles did hippogriff 5x while the bigs did Hulk 3x. Out of the park at 9:35am and on our way to DVC Vero Beach.

I've been 3 times to rope drop, and have had the same great experience each time. Luck of the draw unfortunately

Honestly, it’s not too hard to predict at this point. If it’s open really late, it’s very likely to have a delayed opening. If it closes early, you’re gravy. Last night it closed at 4:30pm, so this morning wasn’t really going to be a question.

I was there too. We were actually the very first people to ride today. Front row, first train, group of 8 with two 6 year olds in tow.

There were 4 people in front of us, two went the long way in Seuss (HUGE mistake). The other two had a backpack, so we beat everybody.

Something we did learn from our Friday rope drop- on the right side of the big gate (if facing the park), you can line up in the very far left side which will eventually have an extra line as the handicap area will have a portable scanner.

Well, we went ahead and queued there knowing that. Then, as you’re in the front, be nice to the gate agent and ask them to scan all of your parties tickets before they announce the opening of the park. Then you can all just go on in.

Ended up riding Hagrid’s, Forbidden Journey and then the littles did hippogriff 5x while the bigs did Hulk 3x. Out of the park at 9:35am and on our way to DVC Vero Beach.

Honestly, it’s not too hard to predict at this point. If it’s open really late, it’s very likely to have a delayed opening. If it closes early, you’re gravy. Last night it closed at 4:30pm, so this morning wasn’t really going to be a question.

Very true, also each time the gate attendant has scanned our passes early without us having to ask.

Oh wow. Me and dad were first at one of the left hand turnstiles. He was in an ecv and had it set on rabbit so he could put stuff in the locker by the time I caught up. Ended up probably being like 5th or 6th train of the day. Second row. First time we got first row. We’re leaving today so we hit that, had breakfast at the crescent moon and are at the portofino pool bar. Lady at front scanned all our tickets before they opened too. I like how they do that.

Rode today, rope dropped. Got in line around 8:30, walked casually through Seuss, got in line with a posted one hour wait and waited almost an hour to the minute. Effects weren't working when we got to the skrewt and we got stuck for about five minutes. We immediately got to ride again as a result. Incredible ride. Wow.

I must be extremely lucky, as after opening day I haven't had to wait more than an hour every single time- even with posted two hour waits. Granted I'm only up to seven rides, but I feel like that's too big of a sample size to be coincidence.

Edit: the only one of those rides that was a "ropedrop" was on June 13th.

The app already has it listed as at capacity but the park doesn't close for another 5ish hours. Is this just a mistake on the app or is the line actually closed?

The app already has it listed as at capacity but the park doesn't close for another 5ish hours. Is this just a mistake on the app or is the line actually closed?

It's closed. We got in line today at 2.10pm with a 120min posted wait time, actual was 65mins. When we exited the "At capacity" boards were out with the sign saying Ride Full. The line most definitely wasn't full, so not sure if they've closed early for maintenance.