Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Just to clarify: the ride has been operational in the mornings and running with few delays. Right? I checked the app today as at 1 PM it said it was at a 90 min wait.

Since things have cooled down here's what I know regarding Hagrid. This could still be wrong but I'm confident enough to run it.

Hagrid began testing in March 2019. In May 2019 it was discovered the axils of the trains were wearing down faster than expected, causing one vehicle to partially derail. Intamin and UC worked around the clock to solve the issue. Due to that discovery at the last minute the attraction stopped its scheduled testing and focused on fixing the issue. Vehicles were repaired, testing resumed, but the vehicles were slow to become certified as the repairs were made (vehicles are required to run a certain amount of time). As such they couldn't do the testing required to reach the 10 or 12 trains on the track before opening. So when the ride opened not all the ride vehicles were ready AND the ride controls were not tested for more. This is also why there is a camera positioned at the end of the ride filming the train wheel assemblies.

There were also two other issues they were facing at the time: one that was quickly solved and the worries about loading the vehicles. UOR slowed down the belts to allow for a longer boarding time which slowed down dispatches, causing more capacity issues. As we've seen over the past few weeks the belts have been sped up and this is no longer an issue.

What this boils down to is a ride that saw several major issues at the last minute that could be overcome but caused a delay in testing at their desired capacity. "Well why didn't they run softs?" they literally couldn't. "Why didn't they change the opening date?" corporate mandated the opening date and pushed for an early announcement. It was a combination of many bad breaks and last minute issues that lead us to where we are today: performing the testing that should have occurred in May happening in August to get the ride up to capacity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since things have cooled down here's what I know regarding Hagrid. This could still be wrong but I'm confident enough to run it.

Hagrid began testing in March 2019. In May 2019 it was discovered the axils of the trains were wearing down faster than expected, causing one vehicle to partially derail. Intamin and UC worked around the clock to solve the issue. Due to that discovery at the last minute the attraction stopped its scheduled testing and focused on fixing the issue. Vehicles were repaired, testing resumed, but the vehicles were slow to become certified as the repairs were made (vehicles are required to run a certain amount of time). As such they couldn't do the testing required to reach the 10 or 12 trains on the track before opening. So when the ride opened not all the ride vehicles were ready AND the ride controls were not tested for more. This is also why there is a camera positioned at the end of the ride filming the train wheel assemblies.

There were also two other issues they were facing at the time: one that was quickly solved and the worries about loading the vehicles. UOR slowed down the belts to allow for a longer boarding time which slowed down dispatches, causing more capacity issues. As we've seen over the past few weeks the belts have been sped up and this is no longer an issue.

What this boils down to is a ride that saw several major issues at the last minute that could be overcome but caused a delay in testing at their desired capacity. "Well why didn't they run softs?" they literally couldn't. "Why didn't they change the opening date?" corporate mandated the opening date and pushed for an early announcement. It was a combination of many bad breaks and last minute issues that lead us to where we are today: performing the testing that should have occurred in May happening in August to get the ride up to capacity.
If that all ends up being correct, it doesn't seem like the ride is really in a long problematic state. Seems that stuff should essentially be solved with a month or two. ...Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the update, Joe! While frustrating as a guest, its completely understandable the issues they've had. All sounds like bad timing. I think one of the most impressive things about this ride though is that even with the shaky start, once people ride it all worries and fears of that go away. Ride is just that damn good.

It was a combination of many bad breaks and last minute issues that lead us to where we are today: performing the testing that should have occurred in May happening in August to get the ride up to capacity.

So what's up with the "at capacity" nightly occurrence still in September? Ongoing testing that started in August?

So what's up with the "at capacity" nightly occurrence still in September? Ongoing testing that started in August?

You know how they say when you get older time goes quicker? That’s me, I should have put September not August.

They’ve started to have the ride close by 5pm on weekdays till the end of the year so they can get to 9 then 10 train ops. While designed for 12 it likely won’t ever get to that, just like TTD is designed for six but runs five because of Intamin issues.

You know how they say when you get older time goes quicker? That’s me, I should have put September not August.

They’ve started to have the ride close by 5pm on weekdays till the end of the year so they can get to 9 then 10 train ops. While designed for 12 it likely won’t ever get to that, just like TTD is designed for six but runs five because of Intamin issues.

Yeah that tracks pretty closely with the queue times stats over the last few days.

If you're planning a ride keep in mind that it reached capacity between 3:30-4pm for the last 3 days. Luckily with these early closings the ride has opened consistently at 9am for the last 3 days. So I'd recommend either rope dropping, or an early afternoon ride.

Wait...closing at 5 until the end of the year??? Is that official or speculation?

Yeah that tracks pretty closely with the queue times stats over the last few days.

If you're planning a ride keep in mind that it reached capacity between 3:30-4pm for the last 3 days. Luckily with these early closings the ride has opened consistently at 9am for the last 3 days. So I'd recommend either rope dropping, or an early afternoon ride.

Tuesday 90 minute wait posted at 1pm, in on 55 minutes.

I'm going to the park Saturday morning, so I'm starting to check the wait times today to get a sense of how to plan.

The park opened 20 minutes ago and the app says Hagrid's and FB are both closed. The other rides are showing wait times. Also, I'm staying at an onsite hotel but it says early admission is not available for the next few days. I'm going to be very disappointed if I travel all the way to Florida (tickets and hotel are already paid for), and I don't get to get early access or ride Hagrid's...any advice anyone?

I'm going to the park Saturday morning, so I'm starting to check the wait times today to get a sense of how to plan.

The park opened 20 minutes ago and the app says Hagrid's and FB are both closed. The other rides are showing wait times. Also, I'm staying at an onsite hotel but it says early admission is not available for the next few days. I'm going to be very disappointed if I travel all the way to Florida (tickets and hotel are already paid for), and I don't get to get early access or ride Hagrid's...any advice anyone?

Early access is for USF only right now. As for Hagrid just show up and wait, if FJ is down too then something else is up.

In Hagrids queue now, just started operating. Pretty poor show considering how early its closing daily...

EDIT: had to leave, other commitments but I will say that the queue seemed to be moving a lot slower than usual.

Last edited:
Kinda surprised, why aren't they having early admission for IOA? Wouldn't they want more people spending money in WWoHP to get some of that $$ back from Hagrid?