Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

It's been roughly 3 months since i rode it, wanna give it a shot again tomorrow morning. Any suggestions for what to expect time-wise or when is the best time to get at ioa entrance? Arriving bit before 9 is gonna be good enough to get on it rather quickly, or should we come sooner?

1pm is still the optimal time to ride in the non-rainy months in terms of wait times. Of course if you want to optimize waiting before the parks open vs while the parks are open, show up early.

1pm is still the optimal time to ride in the non-rainy months in terms of wait times. Of course if you want to optimize waiting before the parks open vs while the parks are open, show up early.
Yes, those were the best times when we walked by there last month. 1 or 2 o'clock. Late morning seems to be the worst.

Rode twice yesterday. My parents sat together, so I was paired with single riders.

First ride:
Entered line at 3:30, wait time 120 (did drop to 90 shortly after entering). Pre show was not running, so the line moved pretty frequently. We disembarked about 4:30, so an hour wait.
The single rider reported he waited about 40 minutes, so not much of an advantage.

Second ride (night ride!):
Entered line at 6:10, wait time 90. The line was pulsing through - they had the pre-show running. This was my fourth ride, but the first time I’ve seen it running. Disembarked about 7:18, so just shy of a 70 minute wait.

I feel 60-70 is a reasonable wait for this ride right now. The line moves enough that you don’t feel like you’re just standing there, but the ride is definitely worth an hour wait.

So are they just skipping the pre show now?

No the preshow is designed for use when the line is full inside. Universal designed a preshow that is a hold and one that has creatures walking around that’s a walk through. It’s why right before loading they still explain most of the ride.

No the preshow is designed for use when the line is full inside. Universal designed a preshow that is a hold and one that has creatures walking around that’s a walk through. It’s why right before loading they still explain most of the ride.

interesting

interesting
When I was there last week they didn't have it for rope drop obviously, since we were flying through the queue. But when we went in the afternoon and it was a 75 min wait, they were using it.

When they use it, you stand still for a long time outside. Then they pack that room (the preshow is great). So if outside, you stand still for a long time, and then move a ton until the preshow is filled. However, once you get past the pre-show, you move continuously.

When I was there last week they didn't have it for rope drop obviously, since we were flying through the queue. But when we went in the afternoon and it was a 75 min wait, they were using it.

When they use it, you stand still for a long time outside. Then they pack that room (the preshow is great). So if outside, you stand still for a long time, and then move a ton until the preshow is filled. However, once you get past the pre-show, you move continuously.
Loved the pre show too. I was also impressed by the room before loading with the motorbikes, spiders etc. on the roof. The outside area by Hagrid's Hut is pretty damn good too. I don't understand the hate this queue gets. Obviously, its not on the level of Gringotts or FJ, but what queue is (besides RotR with it's pre shows) . But it's surely just a level away from those great queues. .

Got on line at 12:05 today, 90 minute posted wait.
Got on my bike at 1:05, so a 60 minute actual wait.

No skrewt blast or Fluffy #1

How late has Hagrid’s been running lately? I noticed the closing early sign was still when I entered Hogsmeade, but night rides are possible now?

Got on line at 12:05 today, 90 minute posted wait.
Got on my bike at 1:05, so a 60 minute actual wait.

No skrewt blast or Fluffy #1

How late has Hagrid’s been running lately? I noticed the closing early sign was still when I entered Hogsmeade, but night rides are possible now?

Depends on the day. Today it closed around 5. With them adding more trains now, it’ll need to work out the kinks again - but before, it was running well into the night.

Second day. Ride closed immediately for extended delay. Checked at 11, no opening in sight. Kinda gave up. Came back to watch night show on castle and the ride was open. Posted time 75 minutes. In line at 4:43. Off about 5:15. Saw all of preshow. Pretty much shuffled through the queue. Was fantastic! Right at sunset/dusk. Not a glitch..Love that ride.

Second day. Ride closed immediately for extended delay. Checked at 11, no opening in sight. Kinda gave up. Came back to watch night show on castle and the ride was open. Posted time 75 minutes. In line at 4:43. Off about 5:15. Saw all of preshow. Pretty much shuffled through the queue. Was fantastic! Right at sunset/dusk. Not a glitch..Love that ride.
That queue really moves fast when there's no delays. About as fast moving as any queue I can recall.

Got on this last Friday. Decided to wait until lunchtime as per the advice here but unfortunately the ride went down just as we were heading over so we decided to head to Kong and the Marvel area and kept an eye on the app. Was starting to get a little concerned we might not get to ride when it got until around 2pm and the ride was still down. Luckily we came off Spider Man and saw it had gone back up with a 45 min wait so headed straight over and got in line. Ended up queueing for around 40 minutes and were consistently moving through the line. Fantastic ride, the only disappointment was that we got the very back row so didnt really go up the spike at all. As expected, the skrewt had no smoke and the first Fluffy head wasnt working but other than that a top notch attraction

Yesterday was a great day for ops and a bad day for the animatronics. Waits held below an hour (dropping to 15 min actual wait at one point). That said show quality was having a rough day. Other than the issues that have become normal (no Skrewt Smoke), Hagrid wasn’t moving, only middle Fluffy head’s mouth moved (for the entire figure). Inside centaur didn’t move at all.

Yesterday was a great day for ops and a bad day for the animatronics. Waits held below an hour (dropping to 15 min actual wait at one point). That said show quality was having a rough day. Other than the issues that have become normal (no Skrewt Smoke), Hagrid wasn’t moving, only middle Fluffy head’s mouth moved (for the entire figure). Inside centaur didn’t move at all.
As far as I know, the centaur is a static figure. At least I've never seen it move. As far as Fluffy goes, we all know the deal there.

Last edited: