Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Currently 15th in line. Got here at 6:15, they let us in the line around 7. It’s now 8 local time and the ride is delayed an hour

Do we think this'll be a problem come Sunday? That's when we'll be there, as a last hurrah before we switch our annual passes from Uni to Disney. Mom hasn't been on it yet, and once she's been on it, we're switching.
Seems like the rides running pretty reliably now. Three PM warning has been removed for a few weeks now. Just make sure to prioritize it. Hope you have fun!

Seems like the rides running pretty reliably now. Three PM warning has been removed for a few weeks now. Just make sure to prioritize it. Hope you have fun!
Thank you! What matters more is Mom having fun. I've been on it plenty of times, but she's never been on it. Like I said, this is supposed to be our last (maybe my penultimate?) trip before we jump ship to Disney.

Just curious...why you jumping ship?
It was time. We got our Uni APs when my sister and I were ready to ride more challenging fare and were starting to grow out of Disney; now, we've all grown a much bigger appreciation for Disney and were going more often with the passes we got from volunteering for runDisney, and whereas the big additions to Uni won't be for a few years, it feels like there's something new to do/see/eat at WDW every week.

As for me, personally? I realized that HHN was the most fun I had had at USF in years; I realized I'd be willing to sacrifice my own pass, considering HHN is a separate ticket.

It was time. We got our Uni APs when my sister and I were ready to ride more challenging fare and were starting to grow out of Disney; now, we've all grown a much bigger appreciation for Disney and were going more often with the passes we got from volunteering for runDisney, and whereas the big additions to Uni won't be for a few years, it feels like there's something new to do/see/eat at WDW every week.

As for me, personally? I realized that HHN was the most fun I had had at USF in years; I realized I'd be willing to sacrifice my own pass, considering HHN is a separate ticket.
Makes sense haha

i didn't know it opened in the morning! i just saw it as down all day on the app. any idea if it'll be opening back up today or will it be down for a while?

Looking unlikely.

Don't know exactly when it opened back up but the app now lists it "at capacity".
My friends and I theorize that last night Hagrid watched the Hodor origin episode of "Game of Thrones". Being a fellow gentle giant he was very affected by the tragic story and had to take some time off to process his emotions. ;)

Don't know exactly when it opened back up but the app now lists it "at capacity".
My friends and I theorize that last night Hagrid watched the Hodor origin episode of "Game of Thrones". Being a fellow gentle giant he was very affected by the tragic story and had to take some time off to process his emotions. ;)

They'll do this late at night, when I went and they had the near full day of downtime due to...a fun installation issue... they listed the ride as "At Capacity" on the app but then kept it open till close. Something big must have happened last night or this morning.

can confirm it re-opened! noticed it back open (at 150mins) at around 6:40, ran over to it and joined the queue by 7:00pm (the queue time was listed as 180 when I joined). I think it was then listed as full capacity at around 8:15 whilst I was in the queue. didn't get off it til 9:55 so yeah, was around a 3 hour wait. the ride was closed and said 'full capacity' when I got off. was worth it though, was my first ride in the dark and it was sooo sick

can confirm it re-opened! noticed it back open (at 150mins) at around 6:40, ran over to it and joined the queue by 7:00pm (the queue time was listed as 180 when I joined). I think it was then listed as full capacity at around 8:15 whilst I was in the queue. didn't get off it til 9:55 so yeah, was around a 3 hour wait. the ride was closed and said 'full capacity' when I got off. was worth it though, was my first ride in the dark and it was sooo sick
Welcome to the Forum. :toast:

Going in a couple weeks. At the park for two days. Hoping so get in a day and night ride in. Any tips on when to attempt a night ride? 5pm?
Anything other helpful info?