Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Going in a couple weeks. At the park for two days. Hoping so get in a day and night ride in. Any tips on when to attempt a night ride? 5pm?
Anything other helpful info?
As long as the ride doesn’t have a major breakdown, you should be fine to get in line whenever. I rode a couple of times yesterday (including two night rides) and a queue going all the way back to the entrance gates was just over an hour on ten trains in my experience, so even if it looks bad, odds are it should be fine.

If you are in line at "closing" time do they keep the ride going until the queue has cleared? I guess what I really want to know is by what time do I need to be in line if I want to guarantee a night ride? (assuming it doesn't experience any issues)

Also, what is the best current strategy for the shortest wait? Is rope drop still the best option as long as you are relatively close to the front of the pack? How about coming over on the Hogworts Express from the Studios side? Does the train start running early enough to Hogsmead to secure a good spot in the queue?

If you are in line at "closing" time do they keep the ride going until the queue has cleared? I guess what I really want to know is by what time do I need to be in line if I want to guarantee a night ride? (assuming it doesn't experience any issues)

Also, what is the best current strategy for the shortest wait? Is rope drop still the best option as long as you are relatively close to the front of the pack? How about coming over on the Hogworts Express from the Studios side? Does the train start running early enough to Hogsmead to secure a good spot in the queue?

The ride is no longer regularly closing before the rest of the park, but check with TMs that day to make sure. Just be in line before the park closes.

Best bet for wait times and being open try 1pm. Shortest waits are still at open but you could run into a delayed opening situation. Do not take the HE from USF, it opens with IOA and guests are let into IOA before official park open.

The ride is no longer regularly closing before the rest of the park, but check with TMs that day to make sure. Just be in line before the park closes.

Best bet for wait times and being open try 1pm. Shortest waits are still at open but you could run into a delayed opening situation. Do not take the HE from USF, it opens with IOA and guests are let into IOA before official park open.
Yesterday they had the Hagrid will be closing early sign out, even though it was open late.

It was. Just think it's funny that they still had that sign out during the day.
Ops change and no one remembered the sign? I see lots of businesses late at night rockin' the open sign yet they are locked tight. That sign is hard to get up on the radar for decisions.

If I remember correctly, that closing early sign was out each day I was there in early December but the ride was open until close. I know for sure I rode it twice near closing with the sign out earlier in the day.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, that closing early sign was out each day I was there in early December but the ride was open until close. I know for sure I ride it twice near closing with the sign out earlier in the day.
Sooo I guess that sign is meaningless then.

Did the ride go down today around 7pm? I was looking at wait times and they took a nose dive between 7pm-9pm (when it may have started up again)

Looking ahead I think Saturday will have a delayed opening due to the lows in the 40s. On the app there is a new “Delayed Weather” designation.

Here in Pittsburgh they never run the coasters during the November/December Holiday openings at Kennywood due to the cold weather, even if it's in the 40's, 50's or 60's. Seems to me that it's acceptable for Universal to keep the tech heavy Hagrid's coaster closed for some hours during exceptionally cold weather.

Looking ahead I think Saturday will have a delayed opening due to the lows in the 40s. On the app there is a new “Delayed Weather” designation.

Fantastic....
I'm showing Saturday is warmer then Sunday too.
Maybe I should have planned a trip to Disney Studios instead.

As of 10:45, it’s appears all the coasters are down due to weather. That being said it also got down to the 30s last night. So likely things are not warmed up just yet...
Crossing my fingers I don’t have the same problems

as of 12:45 - Hulk has reopened. but Hagrid and Rip Ride are both closed. Gringotts is also "Delayed' for whatever reason. Feel sorry for the folks that are dealing with all the ride closures today.

Last edited:
Good luck to everyone trying to get on this week! I hope the weather cooperates!

Speaking of riding Hagrid's in poor weather, my wife, brother, sister, and I rode during a driving rainstorm and it was no doubt the most fun I've ever had on a roller coaster. We were soaked. It feels even more immersive