WB Studios - A Festival of Frights | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

WB Studios - A Festival of Frights

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is anyone on here going tonight to the opening night of Horror Made Here?

Would love to hear your thoughts.

I mean I don’t live in Florida. HHN Orlando is just the only haunt that’s worth traveling for (IMO).

As someone who mounted three out-of-state trips for Orlando's event at considerable cost, I have to agree with this sentiment.

HHN Hollywood 2016 was worth that effort. It hasn't been since, and this Warner Bros Haunt certainly isn't.

What's so frustrating is they clearly have great casting and talent in play... I just wish they'd design a more traditional, continuous maze (either the Knotts or Universal style would suffice) and let them get their scares. They're already limiting the amount of attendees, so you don't have to do a conga - do the preshow with the spieling/intro character and then send people out in chunks.

It would also appear they need better facilities, though. Arkham looked pretty solid with some smart usage of existing spaces as well as new builds, but Conjuring looked really hampered by its infrastructure. Can't speak for IT as I haven't seen a great walk-through, but the stills look pretty solid.

Beer & wine are park-wide now, and likely will be for future events.
Liquor is available too. Just sayin...

As it was already said, all of you judging & talking sh!t about this haunt are spoiled by the other haunts that have been around longer. You're an extremely toxic fan base. You'd rather judge something, trash it & whatever else... than be excited & happy to have something NEW to do. You get one more thing to do during haunt season, but instead you're acting liked spoiled kids who didn't get the newest overpriced electronic for your week-long birthday celebration. Its hilariously pathetic & sad. Unlike the rest of you, I'll be there tonight to see how their "sold out" night goes. I'm expecting it to be rough, but enjoyable.

Also... in regards to Conjuring. They are making tweaks & changes for pacing. You're looking at it as a "guided tour" rather than "being in the universe as if you're with the Warrens investigating the paranormal". The pacing will be fixed so it flows better. These things take time. Do you honestly think HHN doesn't make changes/tweaks to its mazes when/where it can to make it better?

As far as The Exorcist, it suffered A LOT of tech issues wednesday night. Also heard that one of the cast was having trouble with her "presentation", so we'll see how that works out tonight. I wonder if it was nerves or if it was a "back-up" filling in the role & thrown into the mix (which will happen on any given night).

Wednesday had its flaws & issues, they are aware. They'll be doing what they can to make it work out better. This weekend will really help address issues from preview night & others that weren't present. I've got faith in them... I mean, if HHN can continue after killing one of its scareactors during its first year, I think WB will be just fine.

Here are some of the pics I got from wednesday night. Might get more tonight, we'll see.
tn51gsU.jpg

tXh4Z86.jpg

vZSTYrE.jpg
JKPnjoy.jpg

uGltSjR.jpg

kdfa9aw.jpg

DCQQ4ct.jpg
p2okpPZ.jpg

38bsKlc.jpg
ri7Vttk.jpg

02avVvL.jpg
irXyFcn.jpg

tG1GwHt.jpg

JhcNYLe.jpg

bLdXrEy.jpg

FfTRZ4Y.jpg
Hh97xML.jpg

I mean I don’t live in Florida. HHN Orlando is just the only haunt that’s worth traveling for (IMO).

No offense dude, but why are you even on this thread if you have ZERO interest in only attending HHN Orlando?

PS: If you think that Florida is the best and only place to experience haunts...LOL

No offense dude, but why are you even on this thread if you have ZERO interest in only attending HHN Orlando?

PS: If you think that Florida is the best and only place to experience haunts...LOL
I don’t think he is saying Florida is the only place for haunts. HHN Orlando just puts on a high quality event that a lot of people travel to experience it. Not taking anything away from SoCal offerings as we know their are some options.

I don’t think he is saying Florida is the only place for haunts. HHN Orlando just puts on a high quality event that a lot of people travel to experience it. Not taking anything away from SoCal offerings as we know their are some options.

I thought he was pretty clear. No haunt outside HHN Orlando is worth traveling to according to him.

I disagree. I'm just tired of that attitude. There are TONS of high-quality haunts on the West Coast that are worth travelling to. Hell, people travel to Haunt Conventions off-season such as ScareLA just to see what's coming down the road.

It's just a disservice to tell people that HHN Orlando is the only haunt worth their money.

I thought he was pretty clear. No haunt outside HHN Orlando is worth traveling to according to him.

I disagree. I'm just tired of that attitude. There are TONS of high-quality haunts on the West Coast that are worth travelling to. Hell, people travel to Haunt Conventions off-season such as ScareLA just to see what's coming down the road.

It's just a disservice to tell people that HHN Orlando is the only haunt worth their money.
I actually agree with JungleSkip. If I lived out-of-town and chose between Hollywood or Orlando, I would pick the latter, no hesitation. Like Fallow mentioned, 2016 would be the only year I would even consider it a worthy event to travel to Hollywood. I think that's the only year I went six times, it was so good. Other than that, HHNO is hands-down the best haunt event in the country. I flew there four times to see it. Even the weakest house there is better than the strongest house in Hollywood, usually.

Not watching videos because spoilers, but I'm actually going to agree with Wesker as well. This is their first "real" year without doing an event on this scale before. Of course it's not going to be perfect. I never expected this to be a "book my flights to LA RIGHT NOW" sort of haunt, but I am expecting to have a good time and check out something NEW. HHN has grown very tired to me and I look forward to a new experience and an event that may **hopefully** push them away from lazy, budget-cut, black wall houses. I'm going to wait until I actually see for myself tomorrow before I make any judgements on this event. I'm still excited.

We can all agree it's at least better than HHN last year, right?

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the Warner Bros. event this year. So far everything I've heard from people who were there on Wednesday said it's a lot of fun. I'll gladly welcome another new event to Southern California.

Reactions: SOCAL110
I actually agree with JungleSkip. If I lived out-of-town and chose between Hollywood or Orlando, I would pick the latter, no hesitation. Like Fallow mentioned, 2016 would be the only year I would even consider it a worthy event to travel to Hollywood. I think that's the only year I went six times, it was so good. Other than that, HHNO is hands-down the best haunt event in the country. I flew there four times to see it. Even the weakest house there is better than the strongest house in Hollywood, usually.

Not watching videos because spoilers, but I'm actually going to agree with Wesker as well. This is their first "real" year without doing an event on this scale before. Of course it's not going to be perfect. I never expected this to be a "book my flights to LA RIGHT NOW" sort of haunt, but I am expecting to have a good time and check out something NEW. HHN has grown very tired to me and I look forward to a new experience and an event that may **hopefully** push them away from lazy, budget-cut, black wall houses. I'm going to wait until I actually see for myself tomorrow before I make any judgements on this event. I'm still excited.

We can all agree it's at least better than HHN last year, right?
good god man Orlando hotels are cheap as hell just stay longer and even September multi night express of it makes things cheaper.