WDW of little interest to the Disney Co? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

WDW of little interest to the Disney Co?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which park does TDO need to focus on the most?

• Total voters
:rolleyes: Whoever typed that gibberish did so for one underlying objective: To try and take WDWR a step down from the other Disney resorts around the globe... not to try and belittle the Disney company like people here are insinuating.

While I acknowledge WDWR has sort of been bastardized as the stepchild over the last couple decades, it's just the nature of business; WDWR is the cash cow within the Parks & Resorts division.

Now to say WDWR is by far the worst resort in the division is laughable. The niche EPCOT fills for adult demographics cannot go understated (even if the park has suppressed what its heritage is about), nor can the distinction of Animal Kingdom. Being cynical about the amount of capital invest into the resorts is a poor accusation. The resorts are huge integral part of the overall guest experience. The resort is where the guests will spend half their day and continues their 'magic' (not at the Holiday Inn, SeaWorld!). The snide comments about Disney's care for guests has to be the worst bit if ignorance. Going beyond a reasonable accommodation for a single individual, out of 150,000 random guests in the resort on any given day, is horrible business practice; but to lament like guest service is terrible as a whole is atrocious! Why? Hint: It's not UOR or SWO leading guest sat surveys in the Orlando market!

It's terribly sad, but it's the result of bad corporate management influencing local management. When a new regime takes over and doesn't weed it out, it spreads and festers. TDO's days are numbered, they're in desperation mode cutting back investment, only so much more you can do. Look at their last press event, it was all about how every family is required to go to Disney World and how it should be part of a balanced breakfast. Look at the marketing based on memories.

And this is how the 'revolution' starts, first it's one day at Universal or off property, then it becomes three days, then dedicated vacations. With no reason to go back on property, people don't come back.

Being out on the "Frontlines" I rarely talk to guest who aren't pleased with their vacation. Is Universal hitting them? You bet. Have they done anything more than bruises? Not so much.

All Universal can really do is wake them up. WDW's worst enemy isn't Uni with or without Potter. Disney's worst enemy is Disney themselves.

^That's the worst part. They're drowning themselves.

This a sad topic, but I've often wondered how the Eisner era would have turned out had Frank Miller not been taken from us too soon.

Voted Epcot. It's my favorite park in the resort because of it's atmosphere. I wish they could just up the ante and give the park some love.

Poll added

You sneaky devil.

My honest answer would be all save for Magic Kingdom. My hate for DAK would then exclude it.

Then I get to my 2 favorite WDW parks in EPCOT and DHS. Both really need help. Like desperately. DHS has been bleeding attendance, seemingly, and is the most susceptible to cannibalization from the other WDW parks and losing people to Uni/SeaWorld. So that's a definite.

On the other hand, EPCOT is the resort's under performer. It has the capacity to out draw MK, but doesn't have the offerings to do so. But it is stable.

So I'd go DHS 1 just because it really needs more to do, with EPCOT getting some love as well.

I want something big at EPCOT. But DHS doesn't have the ability to sustain longer like EPCOT can. TT is a small band aid on Future World, and people will always eat up WS. DHS needs a soul, badly.

I had to vote Epcot. DHS needs help as well obviously, but it was never a "Must Visit" for me. So I'm being selfish and voting for the one that I know I will visit every time I am in the resort area.

I picked Hollywood Studios. Really I love this place but I really hope they give the whole park a complete makeover. The whole place still feels like it's stuck in the 90's in my opinion I mean yea they've added Toy Story, American Idol, and made Star Tours a re-rideable attraction, but what else have they really added in the 21st century besides those attractions?