WDW of little interest to the Disney Co? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

WDW of little interest to the Disney Co?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which park does TDO need to focus on the most?

• Total voters
Hey everyone! Rejoice! We're trading one decades old parade for another decades old parade!

:doh:

Too bad they can't spend the money to make an entirely new parade. I like Spectro but I would much prefer a new parade altogether. I love WDW. I have been going there forever but it gets me angry to see the direction the resort is going in. Disneyland gets an amazing expansion and rumor has it they are preparing something big to open when WWOHP opens in USH. UOR is expanding the WWOHP, they are enhancing current attractions and adding new ones at the same time. What does WDW do? They spend money on a water play area, double Dumbos, a clone of an omnimover, meet and greets, card waving games, new DVC resorts, a decade old parade, interactive queues, and FP reservations. They also cut attraction budgets (SDMT). They let maintenance slide and they don't want to spend the money to fix and refurb those attractions (Everest, Splash, Jungle Cruise). It's just bad show. I love Disney and I am by no means bashing them but I want to see them improve. I want to see them step up their game in WDW like they did in Anaheim. It's just depressing. Rant over.

Last edited:
Let's not forget that Disney is spending over a billion $$$ on a data mining system.

It's very frustrating. It's like watching your straight A kid pulling in Cs and not even acknowledging there is a problem. Disney has historically been the best, but now all they have to say is that they are the biggest.

It's sad when almost every Cast Member I speak with says "I wouldn't pay to come here, good thing we get in for free."

I'd pay to get in once every 5 years or so, but that's about it.

It's very frustrating. It's like watching your straight A kid pulling in Cs and not even acknowledging there is a problem. Disney has historically been the best, but now all they have to say is that they are the biggest.

I couldn't have described it any better.

I live in Orlando, and I had an AP. This past year my partner and I used our APs only 4 times. We just couldn't get excited, or have any desire to visit the parks. The ONLY time we did visit the parks was when family was in town and we were obligated to go.

That being said, I would LOVE a real reason to renew my AP. I might renew it once the new FL is finished... or what I will probably do is just get one of my friends to walk me in. I want to spend money at Disney, but Universal and SeaWorld seem to be working a lot harder for my money. They are giving me every reason to go to their seasonal events, use my AP and visit often... and that is what I will continue to do.

I live in Orlando, and I had an AP. This past year my partner and I used our APs only 4 times. We just couldn't get excited, or have any desire to visit the parks. The ONLY time we did visit the parks was when family was in town and we were obligated to go.

That being said, I would LOVE a real reason to renew my AP. I might renew it once the new FL is finished... or what I will probably do is just get one of my friends to walk me in. I want to spend money at Disney, but Universal and SeaWorld seem to be working a lot harder for my money. They are giving me every reason to go to their seasonal events, use my AP and visit often... and that is what I will continue to do.

I think that hits it spot on. Disney isn't working for your money. They want national and international money and it is working. I see more and more first time buttons every time I go to the park. This is why we still have Illuminations and Wishes, they are both award winning shows and while people like us may have seen them many times, the majority of people in those parks have never seen them or seen the show only once or twice. Disney now is really working to improve guest experiences through interactive queue and adding small things in Fantasyland to disperse the crowds. After visiting Magic Kingdom a few weeks ago, I felt that there was little drops in quality that I expected from Disney in the past. My biggest issue was that the cannons in Stitch didn't work, but seeing that the line was pulling a half hour and crowds were only picking up filler was needed to help out the other attractions. Same reason why we won't see Everest go down. Disney would rather have vacationers experience most of a ride, then have so many people miss out on that experience that is a staple of that park.

I think that hits it spot on. Disney isn't working for your money. They want national and international money and it is working. I see more and more first time buttons every time I go to the park. This is why we still have Illuminations and Wishes, they are both award winning shows and while people like us may have seen them many times, the majority of people in those parks have never seen them or seen the show only once or twice. Disney now is really working to improve guest experiences through interactive queue and adding small things in Fantasyland to disperse the crowds. After visiting Magic Kingdom a few weeks ago, I felt that there was little drops in quality that I expected from Disney in the past. My biggest issue was that the cannons in Stitch didn't work, but seeing that the line was pulling a half hour and crowds were only picking up filler was needed to help out the other attractions. Same reason why we won't see Everest go down. Disney would rather have vacationers experience most of a ride, then have so many people miss out on that experience that is a staple of that park.

Unfortunately a lot of people are so gaga over Disney World that they are blind to some of the things that we catch onto as fans...yes I said we and that includes me...I would imagine that Disney would only be moved to do something if the first timers and every once in a while...ers started to complain, but the definition of quality has changed so much in the past 10 years that I think it would have to get into an extremely bad state for that to happen..

Things are all too evident now they are focused solely on profit and not nearly enough on providing quality new experiences. Universal and Sea World are putting out quality product, and are still a relative steal for the price of their AP. Disney just keeps jacking up the prices while offering no new incentive to renew. Once my Disney AP expires at the end of this year, I likely won't be renewing.

Ok after reading that post where that WDI worker said upper management doesnt care about the guest that really pisses me off I really dont want to step foot in Disney ever again if that actually is true :mad:

Ok after reading that post where that WDI worker said upper management doesnt care about the guest that really pisses me off I really dont want to step foot in Disney ever again if that actually is true :mad:

It is true. Having close friends who are in at the top of their org chart at tdo, they say with pride "oh I haven't been to the parks in 2 or 3 years"

I only go to a WDW park if I can get in for free. It's great having CM friends.

This is a very sad day thank you for telling me this when I posted that I thought it was just a rumor at most then you guys posted it true kinda makes me want to cry I truly loved Disney World with all my heart but after this idk if I can look at Disney the same way :'(

This is a very sad day thank you for telling me this when I posted that I thought it was just a rumor at most then you guys posted it true kinda makes me want to cry I truly loved Disney World with all my heart but after this idk if I can look at Disney the same way :'(

I really am sorry. Trust me I want to feel the magic. I want to feel the pixie dust. I want to be so overcome with joy that when I walk through the turnstiles I want to latch arms with a stranger and skip down main street USA. I am 100% serious. However when I go now I just feel so blah.

I go to seaworld universal ioa once a week and believe it or not, blue horizons still chokes me up, the wizarding world makes my heart flutter and when I am in new York at universal and the song "downtown" plays I cant help but dance like I am in my own musical.... I just want those same feelings at wdw.

I really am sorry. Trust me I want to feel the magic. I want to feel the pixie dust. I want to be so overcome with joy that when I walk through the turnstiles I want to latch arms with a stranger and skip down main street USA. I am 100% serious. However when I go now I just feel so blah.

I go to seaworld universal ioa once a week and believe it or not, blue horizons still chokes me up, the wizarding world makes my heart flutter and when I am in new York at universal and the song "downtown" plays I cant help but dance like I am in my own musical.... I just want those same feelings at wdw.

I did this when I was at Magic Kingdom last month, it was great. Ok the strangers were 5 of my friends but still. And yes there was singing. You need to come to Disney with me dude. :lol:

See I live in Tennessee so I can only go to Orlando once maybe twice on a good year and every time I leave the Magic Kingdom I feel like I could cry just the whole place is so overwhelming but this year IOA just had that feeling like I get at the Magic Kingdo. The Wizarding World was just so overwhelming I never wanted to leave I could feel the Magic there and knew I was in a very special place that will have a special place in my heart and still does. But the Magic Kingdom I felt like I was a little kid it was were I always smiled walking down Main Street and said hi to Walts statue I even got to drive the Jungle Cruise boat for Gods sake when I was 12 that was just the coolest thing ever!!! But now after all this I don't think I'll ever have that feeling ever again so I guess IOA is the most special Park because of that....