WDW of little interest to the Disney Co? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

WDW of little interest to the Disney Co?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which park does TDO need to focus on the most?

• Total voters
Long story, short. An employee died while the ride was down for repairs. The ride remained closed while the investigation commenced, and adjustments were made to the ride.

While I do agree with Animal Kingdom because its lack of things to do, there are some nice details in Dinoland. I love that they painted park spaces on the ground so it looks like they built everything on a parkinglot.

That's not all! All of Diggs County (Dinoland USA) is a complete story mingling every attraction, restaurant, and piece of scenery (minus Nemo).

I voted for Animal Kingdom. Honestly, Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama looks like the fair that comes to town once a year. Disney is capable of much better.

It's supposed to look like that, per the story. Chester and Hester owned the gas station (gift shop) and when the Dino Institute's time travel experiment became popular, it brought a lot of tourists to Diggs County. C&H decided they wanted to cash in on the increased tourist traffic so they opened a "fair" (DinoRama!) and a gift shop. It's a backwoods country fair themed to dinosaurs.

Those are better maintained. When I saw Primeval Whirl this past week pretty much none of the spinning/moving effects were moving. The simplest of things, and they couldn't even maintain it. I guess that says something...

That's not Primeval Whirl's fault, though. That's the fault of the company as a whole failing to maintain their show effects on a lot of attractions. All you have to do is look next door to the Yeti or Dinosaur.

Oh, well that's lovely. I bet the folks present were horrified.

It's still a touchy subject.

The "Dinorama is supposed to look that way" defense is the weakest of all theme park defenses. It was a story concocted to justify putting a bunch of cheap off the shelf rides and carnival games into the park to help with capacity.

The place is a pile of crap. No matter what kind of "story" you put around said pile of crap, doesn't make any less of a pile of crap.

Reactions: Brian G.
It's still a touchy subject.

I could imagine. I'd hate to see a friend or co-worker go like that.

And as far as Dino's theming, I agree with Skip. It's great that there's a story there, but that doesn't make it look nicer. It's just self-justification for a half-ass design. WDI could have done much better.

Unfortunately Chester & Hester's suffered the same fools that built Disney's California Adventure. And these people were really sold on a "Kitschy", tongue in cheek, delightfully tacky design style.

I am glad those people are no longer making important design decisions.

Last edited:
Unfortunately Chester & Hester's suffered the same fools that built Disney's California Adventure. And these people were really sold on a "Kitschy", tongue in cheek, delightfully tacky design style.

There is a place for such design, but in the context of Animal Kingdom not so much..Blizzard Beach is a good example of where something like that works..and DCA was just a tacky tourist trap theme all over

The "Dinorama is supposed to look that way" defense is the weakest of all theme park defenses. It was a story concocted to justify putting a bunch of cheap off the shelf rides and carnival games into the park to help with capacity.

The place is a pile of crap. No matter what kind of "story" you put around said pile of crap, doesn't make any less of a pile of crap.

I agree that it's a pile of crap, but most people that I come across have little to no concept of the story of the area and simply see it for the face value. Which is a valid argument, as the average guest has no idea what the story of any of the lands in DAK are.

Although the Eisner days were bad, the Iger days aren't looking too much brighter.

South of the Border is a tourist trap, but atleast they embrace it and make it eclectic.

:lol: