WDW of little interest to the Disney Co? | Inside Universal Forums

WDW of little interest to the Disney Co?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which park does TDO need to focus on the most?

• Total voters
Oct 12, 2009
East Central Florida
Just read some well written words from another site that WDW resort has become nothing but a real estate sale at this point. He wrote that the parks themselves are just a necessary maintenance project to pound money into to satisfy the DVC's and other lease deals to companies like the Four Seasons. Interesting if disheartening prospect.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Just read some well written words from another site that WDW resort has become nothing but a real estate sale at this point. He wrote that the parks themselves are just a necessary maintenance project to pound money into to satisfy the DVC's and other lease deals to companies like the Four Seasons. Interesting if disheartening prospect.

I know the person who's posted this through association with others. He knows what he's talking about.

A friend spent a few hours at DCA today with an Imagineer who is working on one of the MAJOR projects for DL ... ya know, the ones that Iger and Rasulo and Staggs are acting like they don't exist.

Said friend said said Imagineer was quite upfront in saying that management basically feels it doesn't have to do ''much of anything'' in Florida due to the guests. I really don't know whether it is true or just a nice talking point to deal with the frustration of a decade plus of great proposals for WDW being constantly shot down. But it's what I have heard.

Yup...

I do not profess to be a great thinker. But I believe this is a phase of American if not World greed magnified. Ambition and pride in ones creation tend to go a whole lot further than greed for the sake of money. I believe the winds will change for WDW in the next 10-20 years. There are still a lot of companies that take pride in what they create. While DCA has created some wonderful things in the past few years, I get a sense that much of it was more of an "I'll show you!" than a quest for quality. Take Iger vs. Starbucks as an example. Completely different goals for both of them. So, let's hope Disney follows the better road some day in the future.

It is depressing. I did not renew my AP this past year, Universal and SeaWorld are getting my money. It is where I spend my time.

Also just read this article on WDW, and it is the most depressing article ever

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-...rks-capital-spending-20120614,0,7260737.story
Quite depressing..unfortunately I have stopped going to all of the WDW parks simply because it is becoming very bland...I will try to make it for new Fantasyland and perhaps Tron Tack, but otherwise it is tough to justify going...Sea World and Universal however are going to release some amazing things within the next few years so I'll be renewing my pass annually to Universal and perhaps even Sea World

I sincerely hope WDW takes a dive in attendance (unlikely) and Universal and Sea World get the attention they deserve. I always knew there was a reason I hated Disney. I now know why

The part of that article where it mentioned Disney not building any other projects for Animal Kingdom because of "Avatar" (which won't open until AT LEAST 2016) was the biggest blow.

It just feels insulting. Why would I go and spend my hard earned money in their parks, when clearly, clearly they can't be bothered improving them.

I just won't be bothered with visiting the parks until there is more interest in them