Weirdest Ride Experience | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Weirdest Ride Experience

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Being stuck on Rolling Thunder towards the end of it. Some spanish kids who didn't speak english at all behind us, at least I assumed, started yelling at us. I said I couldn't understand them, smiled and turned around.

My brother and I sat there for 20 minutes trying to ignore these kids yelling at us for no reason lol. As soon as we were off the ride, we ran FAST lol.

The weirdest moment I can think of would have to be at Dollywood.

I went last Fall to do the SkyZip attraction for my birthday (it's THE best experience I've EVER had on ANY attraction out of all of the amusement parks I've ever been to, by the way) and we spent 10 minutes cheering this kid's mom to nut up and go down the first big zip line- which goes over the main path of the amusement park- from one ridge to another. There was a whole crowd of people at the bottom cheering her on.

After 10 minutes she shook her head and turned around lol.

Last edited:
The weirdest ride experience I had was getting stuck on E.T. last summer. We got stuck toward the end where E.T. says everyone's name...he just kept repeating everyone's name over and over with his weird voice...lol...that was pretty weird.

thats weird.

Let's I've been stuck on almost every ride at universal at one time or another but the weirdest experience I've ever had was when I went to IOA for the first time when I was in 4th grade (I think). I was on JPRA and suddenly our boat stops just under the cave when were making a left. we sat there for about 30 minutes before an attendant came out to look after us or something like that. she told us the someone in the boat in front of us jumped out. so after sitting there getting water squirted on us for the 987th time we started moving again and went through the ride. they gave us free fast passes and I got to ride spiderman. totally made it worth it.

Must've been an Argentinean youth herd - they're just as atrocious as the cooky Brazilian tour groups, who will return in mid-June and July.

^Tell me about it, there were many foreign tour groups when I went back in 2008. Most of them were actually cool and calm on the rides I saw them on. But, yeah, like you guys have mentioned, a few groups were obnoxiously loud and certain kids were causing a muck in Lost Continent, back when it was really Lost Continent lol.

Back in June of 09 there was a huge storm while we were at the parks and I mean huge. We were in the Jurassic park area and it was like a river on the pavement and me and my cousins figured since we were soaked to our underwear anyways we might as well get on DD. I didnt even expect them to let the ride run in the rain as heavy as it was. Those raindrops stung pretty bad but it was probably the best DD ride ever. Unfortunaly when I was walking out of the exit I realized my iPod touch was not in my pocket and that was also the last day I wore those suede nikes.

Went on Dinosaur at AK with some friends...the ENTIRE audio track was messed up, like as soon as we went back in time we heard "not our dino" and really that lady's computer voice just randomly throughout the ride, it was hilarious hearing just stuff going on that had nothing to do with where we were...apparently right after we got off the ride, they shut it down for a while.

I'm still curious to this day how it happened. I've seen the complex setups they have for the ride control systems before.

Back in June of 09 there was a huge storm while we were at the parks and I mean huge. We were in the Jurassic park area and it was like a river on the pavement and me and my cousins figured since we were soaked to our underwear anyways we might as well get on DD. I didnt even expect them to let the ride run in the rain as heavy as it was. Those raindrops stung pretty bad but it was probably the best DD ride ever. Unfortunaly when I was walking out of the exit I realized my iPod touch was not in my pocket and that was also the last day I wore those suede nikes.

Same thing happened to me at Six Flags in Atlanta. I don't think it's ever NOT rained when I've gone there. (and Six Flags is pretty much not functional at all when it rains)

But the loss of your ipod made me think of a weird ride experience I had last year!

Last summer I went to Cedar Point. While riding Top Thrill Dragster, I became a ninja! Basically- after going over the 420 ft hill and reaching the brakes- a girl's (sitting behind me) camera somehow flew out of her pocket and came into my row. I saw it and stopped it by stepping on the strap with my foot, proceeding to give it back to her without her even realizing she had lost it.

well it wasn't necessarily a ride experience it was more like a queue experience but i was in line for Spiderman and the entire time i was standing in front of Macho from the second season of the MTV show G's to Gents.

Last summer I went to Cedar Point. While riding Top Thrill Dragster, I became a ninja! Basically- after going over the 420 ft hill and reaching the brakes- a girl's (sitting behind me) camera somehow flew out of her pocket and came into my row. I saw it and stopped it by stepping on the strap with my foot, proceeding to give it back to her without her even realizing she had lost it.

:rofl: I can't stop laughing at this for some reason. Imagining this scenario in your head is hilarious. Good reflexes!

Same thing happened to me at Six Flags in Atlanta. I don't think it's ever NOT rained when I've gone there. (and Six Flags is pretty much not functional at all when it rains)

But the loss of your ipod made me think of a weird ride experience I had last year!

I had a similar experience when my brother and I were riding Journey to Atlantis. During the first drop the person in the row in front of us lost their had and my brother caught it. In the ride photo you could see the hat in mid air and my brother reaching for it.

When I went to the Magic Kingdom on my school field back in May 2010, when I was on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, around the middle of the ride, these little girls behind me started chanting "Justin Bieber! Justin Bieber! Justin Bieber! Justin Bieber!"

It was just... so... random... :inquisitive:

Last edited:
Two experiences:

First one: Have you ever been on manta with a row of porcupines? Yeah, I thought so... :lol:

Second one: About 8 years ago, I got on Spider-Man. it started out fine, but when we got to the warehouse scene, it just stopped. The Emergency lights kept going on and off. the car would move about a scene at a time (With all effects and screens working, off time, and no sound), and then just stop. It was the first time I got to see just how effective "squenching" is.
The sad thing is, this was before I was the theme park geek I am now. I started to freak out (claustrophobic) when It would stop. I don't remember as much as I would like, but I still think it was awesome experience.

These make me laugh! :lol:

I will never take my cellphone onto FJ ever again. Every single time that I ride it, I am so worried about my poor phone flying out of my pocket. Especially at the Whomping Willow scene, when we are literally upside down, and my phone is flying out of my pocket.

I remember while on FJ, we were right before the Dragon at the screen, and my phone flew out of my picket and next to my knee where I slammed my hand onto it seconds before it could have easily flew off. I held it all my might the whole time. ALSO I try not to wear flip flops to IOA because when I'm on FJ my toes are like clinging onto them for dear life!!!

As for WEIRD experiences, I was on Carousal of Progress, and like halfway through the ride, a group of foreign people get up and walk towards the back and tried to open the door. The whole thing immediately stopped and the CM had a rage on the intercom.

I've been stuck on the Mummy fake unload, my wife was in the same train a couple of rows back (we did single riders) and she was freaking out to the point she was actually trying to get out of the vehicle. The whole time we were there I was yelling at her to calm down, relax and don't do anything stupid :doh:

Two experiences:

First one: Have you ever been on manta with a row of porcupines? Yeah, I thought so... :lol:
Second one: About 8 years ago, I got on Spider-Man. it started out fine, but when we got to the warehouse scene, it just stopped. The Emergency lights kept going on and off. the car would move about a scene at a time (With all effects and screens working, off time, and no sound), and then just stop. It was the first time I got to see just how effective "squenching" is.
The sad thing is, this was before I was the theme park geek I am now. I started to freak out (claustrophobic) when It would stop. I don't remember as much as I would like, but I still think it was awesome experience.

What???