Weirdest Ride Experience | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Weirdest Ride Experience

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've been stuck on rides before but nothing really out of the ordinary. But there was this one time when I was on the Tommorowland Transit Authority and during the part when you get to Space Mountain, all of the lights were on. It was definatley pretty neat to see how it looks with the lights on.

I got E-stoped on the mummy and I was by myself with a whole car of brazillans and they were all freaking out and yelling, weird.

The fact you were alone with an entire Brazilian tour group is by far scarier than any e-stop.

My weirdest experience would probably be riding on Kraken at SWO. On the lift the train stopped between 5-7 times on the way up and it took roughly 15 minutes to get all the way up. Again nothing special but weird.

On Sheikra we were going up and at the top we fell back for about 2 seconds. I saw my life flash in my eyes, I thought I was going to die.

Well, I think my actual ride experiences are pretty limited as far as emergency stops and such, but since you guys are scared for Brazilian tour groups.. one Halloween Horror Nights, my friend and I were stuck in the queue for Dueling Dragons. Or, well, it felt that way, since it was moving so slow and the queue felt like it went on forever, but somehow we'd managed to sandwich ourselves right in the middle of a religious tour group.

If you thought Brazilians and Argentinians are bad, you've never been sandwiched into Dueling Dragon's cavern queue with a religious tour group. I never thought I'd find churchies going to Halloween Horror Nights, but here we are, sitting there in what felt like a literal oven, all while they decided now was a perfect time to sing religious songs and hymns, and many of them even decided to see how loud they could scream collectively. I've never been claustrophobic, but that night, I sure felt I was getting there. An effect form of torture, indeed.

And speaking of tour groups, I found myself in the middle of a Brazilian tour group reenactment of West Side Story. Was some great joke material with friends later on.

I was on the Haunted Mansion and the ride stopped. We were at the scene with the floating candlestick and a spanish guy behind me yells "viene el cuco!" and he was yelling some crazy things in spanish the whole time. Since I speak fluent spanish, I was able to understand everything the guy said. It was hysterical! I was with a friend of mine who didn't speak spanish so he was looking at me like I was crazy. For those who don't know, "el cuco" is pretty much the spanish boogeyman.

too funny! we were at mk this november. spur of the moment kiddo (14y) decides to ride alone and let me&hub ride together. people began to fill in, so we were separated by probably 8 cars. the last thing she says is "nothing pops out at you, right?" OF COURSE the ride stops. hub&i are stopped in front of the skinny puppy... and she's stuck for 5+mins right in front of the ONLY gravestone that something pops out from behind. LOL

I've gotten stuck on the regulars, haha. Spider-Man, MIB, ROTM, etc. But one time when our family went to Ohio and stayed at that little mini resort place with all the cottages right next to Cedar point, we went on Millennium Force in the pouring rain with lightning flashing in the distance! Needless to say, they shut it down right after we got off, but it was still awesome seeing lightning when you're at the top of that huge hill

I was on the gravitron when someone threw up a few years ago, that should actually be considered nastiest ride experience.

Two Stories. One long, the other short and kind of vague:

So my family and I decided to get on Cat In The Hat last minute, and we make it on.

Ride starts. we got as far as the Cat's Intro, when all of a sudden, the ride stops.

No big deal, whatever.

Then, a voice comes on a says: "Please keep your hands inside the ride at all times."

Once again, no big deal.

Ride stars for about another 30 seconds, then it stops. voice comes on again. "PLEASE, keep your hands inside the ride at all times."

Hmm, things are getting kinda odd.

Ride stars up again. Then the voice comes on again and says "IF YOU DON'T KEEP YOUR HANDS INSIDE THE RIDE, WE WILL CALL SECURITY!!!"

Ok, weird. I wonder what's going on.

All of a sudden, we start to see all of this stuff on the track. Cell Phone (In the texting app), Santa Hat (it was around Christmas), Blanket, Sunglasses, Camera, and an Voldemort doll.

The stuff got so close to the car, we thought we would run over it, but luckily, we didn't.

After we unloaded, we walked by a Family who were trying to explain that they were the ones who dropped the stuff on the ride to a manager.

It was pretty funny.

The other story:

Walking through IOA before grand opening.

Spiderman, Pirates, The Mummy, MIB, and ET are all rides I've rode by myself, well just me and my friends. All of them were fun since we could just yell the comments that we usually make to only us out loud and Pirates was particularly cool because I could take pictures and it wouldn't ruin the ride for everyone else.

Which means you've been to IOA during a soft opening, before it opened offically.

Erm, how do I clarify... I walked through IOA before softs. the reason it was weird was noting was open (Although most stuff was cycling), and literally no one was there.

Remember when those people were walking through WWoHP before softs?

Like that.

I've had more awesome experiences than weird ones.

1. Riding Haunted Mansion with me and Dad being the only ones in the house (except for Cast-members).
2. Me, My Dad, and My Bro getting our own car together on MIB. Our car ended up getting the highest score so we got the whole: ur suits will be waiting for you on mon. or whatever speech before that jerk Smith neuralized anyways.
3. Rainy Day at IOA. We got to go on the first car when Hulk re-opened. We hopped back in line and when we reached the loading area the ride had to shut down again. I like to think we were some of the few that got to ride Hulk that day.
4. On ROTM, we were too close to the car in front so before every scene we had to stop for a good 10 seconds or so to give the first car enough room ahead of us.
5. Getting to witness the full fire effects (The ring of fire @ the Gas dock) on Jaws at HHN. Twas EPIC!!!

and those are just a few...

Last edited:
Best stories I can think of at the moment are from Islands...

I was riding Jurassic Park at night with my friend and we were the only ones in the boat (Awesome experience). After round the first corner, I was looking into the bushes and a guy comes on over the speakers and says very seriously "Yes, we are watching everything you do."

My favorite one was at the end of the night on a separate trip, i was riding Cat in the Hat with a friend literally right before the park closed. As the car was spinning around I was goofing off and put my arms up and was joking like I was in a rollercoaster. This girl come on over the intercom and for entirety of the ride starts singing "hey, oh, heeeeeey, ooooh" (I dont know the song name) as we go through the different rooms. After we got off I asked my friend why he wasnt joining in? He replies "What are you talking about, I thought that song was part of the ride?"

That actually sounds awesome!

How did that happen?

We happened to go on a day when hardly anybody was there. We rode single riders a few times, and one time there was nobody behind us, in the regular queue, or in Express, so we got to ride alone. We got pretty lucky.

Back in June of 09 there was a huge storm while we were at the parks and I mean huge. We were in the Jurassic park area and it was like a river on the pavement and me and my cousins figured since we were soaked to our discount underwear anyways we might as well get on DD. I didnt even expect them to let the ride run in the rain as heavy as it was. Those raindrops stung pretty bad but it was probably the best DD ride ever. Unfortunaly when I was walking out of the exit I realized my iPod touch was not in my pocket and that was also the last day I wore those suede nikes.
it does rain very heavily in june so I never plan any outside trip or outing. June is getting closer so it is time to enjoy maximum and have some real fun in Dinosaur with all friends :)

Last edited: